Bad Guy Ben Siegel Reptiles - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #151
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by vferra7777 View Post
Hello. I have dealt with Mr. Siegel for awhile and have had absolutely no problems. I do not know Mr. Acebo at all.

I do know that the gentleman from Hanover {Mr Peace} that started the Va ban in the house has been to this site, saw posts like this and decided that he needed to do something. How would you all feel if you were him and saw this add or others? What would you think of this hobby from this snapshot? What would you do with the power of a local congressman? Would you feel compelled to save the rest of the people from us "idiots"?

To the mods, I have implored you for awhile and risk yet another ban, but you need to stop this and other idiots from getting their 15 minutes of fame before it blows up into this. Dustin Acebo allowed to continually post like this and advertise as a BREEDER on facebook is really not helping. The feds will go after balls if they think Dustin is a legit breeder.

We are trying to fight federal and local bans here in Va and you let this moron post on this forum. What are mods for?

We take off work, go to the meetings and try to stop a ban, and you let this go on without stopping it? PIJAC is busting their ass locally and this is how the "community" supports itself?

I saw a bunch of people show up in Richmond last week?

They took off work, they were professional and lucid.

They got the message across. One local legislator pulled back from his position on the state ban. The legislature started to come around to the idea that we have rights not unlike the gun group.

NOW this is blowing up locally, in HANOVER and not helping. If you are all serious about this hobby/business PLEASE clean this site up.

I do not know what you could do but you should do something.

I was guided here from a local breeder that was embarrassed at what she saw.

As always, trolls please call my cell at 804.426.3526. Posting here what an IDIOT I am is counterproductive I would gladly endure your wrath but PRIVATELY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vferra7777 View Post
I expect no less. That is the responsibility of accepting a moderator title. Do the best you can with limited time. If it is too much for you, you should let someone else do it. It really needs to be done.

You sound put out but please do your job. Stop morons on this site before it gets embarrassing.

Dustin Acebo like many before him are the worst ting that ever happened to this hobby. You can not control Facebook BUT please don't let morons ramble on this site.

HHMoore, is what I am saying that hard for you to understand? You are a mod on fauna, that is an awfully powerful position so DO SOMETHING.

I do believe that Mr. Acebo has done more to hurt the hobby in Va than anyone else.

Also, please stop your curt derogatory responses to me on this site. Either do your job and mercy kill this thread or quit as a mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulWTAMU View Post
Dude...he was banned ALREADY before you posted that. WTH do you want? Time travel?
Not only time travel, but apparently we need to be psychic so we can pre-emptively ban someone BEFORE they post garbage. And I gather that we are supposed to believe that someone in Virginia decided to propose a ban in that state in response to someone who posted in this thread that is living in Oklahoma dealing with a firm in Florida. Huh?? And the REASON behind this, is what again? The POINT of this thread that got on the radar for Virginia was WHAT exactly?

Seriously? Why don't we just cut out ALL discussions entirely so that NOTHING anyone can say here can be misconstrued and make everyone else look bad by association in the same INTEREST? And let's terminate the classified ads too, while we are at it, so we don't let ANYONE see people actually buying and selling these types of animals. Seriously, you want to take away everyone's FREEDOM to say what they want, sell what they want, and buy what they want, so as to somehow protect YOU in some fashion from what someone else may interpret in what they say and do? Interesting, to say the least......

BTW, did that "Mr. Peace" happen to take note of the fact that the BOI is here simply because of the reason that no law enforcement agency would help ANYONE who has come to them for aid after being ripped off and THIS forum was put here as a method for us to self police and try to protect ourselves because of this failing from the LAW to do a damn thing to help US? Yeah, people can rip others off and will invariably go scott free afterwards with NO recourse whatsoever from law enforcement. For instance, whatever happened to all the claims made against the Wise's for what they did? As far as I know, not a God damned thing at all. If it wasn't for the BOI and other forums in a similar vein, that yes, will show the dark side of the people we have had to brush up against, NO ONE would know anything at all about people of this nature and they would be completely free to engage in their scams over and over again to more and more people. Meanwhile, law enforcement is "too busy", or it's "not in their jurisdiction", or it's a "civil matter and not criminal regardless of the fact that you had money or merchandise STOLEN from you". But let someone in Oklahoma make alleged claims about a snake they got from someone else in Florida dying on them and THAT will get legislators in Virginia UP IN ARMS! Yeah, right.... So don't come around here stating that THIS site is the cause of any crap that HSUS and friends have been trying for decades to accomplish via legislation.

I recently saw a "logic" association that pretty much defines the BS you are apparently trying to sell here. To paraphrase: "Since it has been proven that more drowning deaths of children take place at the same time of year that the majority of ice cream is sold to said children, then ice cream is obviously the causative agent of said drowning deaths, and for the sake of those children, ice cream should be outlawed. If it saves one child's life......" This is a cockeyed cause and effect association that all too often is employed with the targeted goal of getting what someone in power wants by using faulty associative reasoning to come to a completely asinine conclusion. Which, it appears to me, is exactly what is being used in this type of argument presented in the first two quotes above.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #152
starsevol
Hi everyone. I know I am a bit late to the party, and because I have not actually done any business with Mr Siegal my opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans. But here goes anyway.....

Personally, I am not a fan of Mr Siegal. It has to do with his feeding live to his animals, and some of the film clips he posts on FB. I made a comment once and was ridiculed by one of his followers, so I defriended him and have avoided his auctions since......

HOWEVER, I have never heard a bad thing about the man that means anything. Anyone I have talked to who has gotten animals from him have been really pleased with them. He does have a reputation for quality animals and even though I have a problem with a few things he does, over all he is an asset to this community.

This Dustin person on the other hand, just from what I have seen here...obviously has some sort of mental illness. I doubt in his condition he can take proper care of a pet rock. Customer from Hell, and Mr Siegal I am really sorry you had to deal with that. Being in retail myself, dealing with someone like that is my worst nightmare.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:56 AM   #153
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
but apparently we need to be psychic so we can pre-emptively ban someone BEFORE they post garbage.
Dustin Acebo can do it. He pre-emptively blocked me on facebook. I was looking at something and it said 2 comments. But everytime I clicked on it, it would only showed one. So I used my wife's account and found out Dustin had pre-emptively blocked me. So I came here to do research on him. And WOW. I guess it was good that he did.

I guess my reputation preceeds me. Because I had no clue who this character was until now.

Hang on. I can't type. .................gotta pat myself on the back. My head about to swell up.

Thank You dustin acebo. You made my day. I guess I used to do something right if I have guys like these running scared.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #154
rabernet
Well, I just pre-emptively blocked Dustin off my FB friends after reading this. I do NOT want to have to deal with what Ben had to deal with, and I'd rather not have him on my friend's list.

Find myself checking my friends list a lot after reading some of these threads, actually (I generally accept most reptile related friend requests), and removing the bad guys.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #155
kenreptile
I've dealt with Ben multiple times and not to chose sides or jump into any drama, but i've had nothing but a great expierence with Ben Siegel Reptile's, i even rep his stickers on my jeep, i have a normal ball (1200 grams) and spider ball (800 Grams) both are doing amazing i got early last year. I plan on purchasing from Ben again.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:55 AM   #156
Captive Bred Excellence
Wow! I have to say this thread is one for the record books. Thanks Ben for posting the corraspondance bewteen you and Acebo I got a few good laughs. I commend you and your wife for being so kind and patient with him when to me it was obvious he was trying to manipulate you for whatever he could get. Also Ben, dont know if you recall some business we did many years back involving some gtp's, there were some issues with a couple of them and you made it right.
Thank again,
Tad Fitzgerald

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!