The wild, wild, west! - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-16-2006, 11:02 PM   #161
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
What labels were informally applied to these devices?
The great equalizer.

Old 12-17-2006, 02:06 AM   #162
ravensgait
The Colt was called the Peace Maker.... Now what sort of peace they were talking about is open to question. My take is that of Rest in Peace.....Randy

Old 12-17-2006, 06:49 AM   #163
Lucille
Quote:

This change I am hinting around at in this thread is going to cost me some $$.
Thank you for the money you spend on this site. You do keep the place interesting.
The new changes you are paying for will be your Christmas present to us!

Enough anticipation, I wanna open my present right now

Old 12-17-2006, 07:25 AM   #164
Bill_Leverton
Rich,Good Luck with what ever your about to do, I think we are about to see a "Tombstone" on the horizon, and The Clanton Gang is about to see their OK Corral. After reading most of what you have been writing lately Rich, I think I see the direction you are going.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #165
WebSlave
Ah, very good. Now tell me why the Colt .45 was called the "Equalizer" and/or the "Peacemaker" in reference to it's role in the lives of those people in "wild,wild west".

Old 12-17-2006, 11:31 AM   #166
Dennis Hultman
Leveled the playing field.
Quote:
Being bigger, tougher and meaner than the next guy may not mean jack spit

Old 12-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #167
Bill_Leverton
There's an old saying: "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal." It was called the Peacemaker … the Equalizer …the Gun that Won the West.
Colt! … The name is legendary … the gun and historic American icon.
The Colt revolver helped tame frontiers, win wars.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:27 PM   #168
WebSlave
So now, two plus two equals??

BTW, please don't assume I am asking for opinions on what my intentions are, to those of you who have figured it out. I have gotten over that part of my experience with this site. What I am planning is going to be done. Just a matter of my programmer finding the time to implement my specs into code.

When it is put in place and I post a user's guide, then I will explain my reasoning behind the decision to try this out.

And yeah, I know some people are going to say it will be the end of life as we know it and this site will fail because of it..........

Old 12-17-2006, 01:32 PM   #169
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
So now, two plus two equals??
Hmmm A more civilized site, or a more manageable one anyway????

Old 12-18-2006, 12:47 AM   #170
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Leverton
Hmmm A more civilized site, or a more manageable one anyway????

Well, that remains to be seen......... Power to the people?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!