Tom Crutchfield - dba Herps Ltd - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #161
KNOBTAIL
Wink Just to set the record straight

Alfred Ojeda was and did go to jail for 2 years. It happened once, or I should say he was caught with the goods once at Kennedy airport on an import from South America.. I know this for a fact as he called me and needed my attorneys phone # (which he did use to represent him) I knew Alfred when he was around 16 years old living in the South Bronx.

He is now a grandfather ! He made some stupid mistakes, paid his time and to the best of my knowledge never had any trouble again with the law.. As a point of information the payoff to Alfred for being a mule was $ 30,000. The incident occurred in the early 70s. I dont think Alfred is in the business any longer. His last venture into herps was called Reptile Masters. I think he left NY. JERRY

Old 01-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #162
Ed Clark
Tom is back with his partner Bruce. they have a farm in Homestead, Florida.

They add another option to the mix and I wish them both well.

This is not my pic, was sent to me in a price list.
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #163
lepidus
Tom Crutchfield

I bought some animals from Tom in 2007 which were well represented both verbally and with pictures of the exact animals I was purchasing. He also did me a favor by having the animals delivered to someone I was already making a purchase from (Matt Cruise from Victory Reptiles, another great guy) at the Columbia Show to save me from paying 2 separate box and shipping charges. Tom also followed up throughout the transaction with phone calls telling me where the animals were up until the point that they were actually in Matt's posession. All went well. I know nothing about his past other than what I have read on these posts. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him again.

Monte Maderazo

Old 01-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #164
Kaiyudsai
Another good experience...... I've been negotiating a deal on a Surinam from the Dennis Sargent clutches they brokered. Tom was very helpful and exchanged several emails and photos. He was accomodating and courteous. Everything went through tonight. I will update when the boa is recieved.... with pics on Tues....

-Marc Duhon

Tom Crutchfield [GOOD GUY]

Old 01-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #165
KNOBTAIL
Talking When dealing with TOM

You get what you paid for ! There are no hidden agendas when you make a purchase. Everything is correctly representative , and the herps in question will meet your satisfaction.. Its a very simple philosophy, and you have nothing to fear when dealing with TOM.... JERRY TRESSER

Old 01-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #166
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
You get what you paid for ! There are no hidden agendas when you make a purchase. Everything is correctly representative , and the herps in question will meet your satisfaction.. Its a very simple philosophy, and you have nothing to fear when dealing with TOM.... JERRY TRESSER

Randal Berry

Old 01-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #167
najasuphan
I have only dealt with Tom one time and it was late last year when I purchased a pair of baby water cobras from him. He arranged to have the snakes delivered to the Columbia, SC show. I talked to him on the phone a few times during the transaction and had absolutely no problems. I got both of these snakes in the beginning of November 2008 and the snakes are doing great, and growing like crazy.

Jamie Osburn

Old 02-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #168
nexus
I recently bought 2 honduran milksnakes from Tom Crutchfield and am happy with the snakes and transaction. Tom was helpful in answering several questions in a few emails I had ( this was my first time buying reptiles on the internet ). They arrived packaged very well and were as described in the ad.

Thanks Mr. Crutchfield
T.C. = good guy

Old 02-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #169
dasmay
I purchased a Peruvian red tail from Tom Crutchfield last week. He responded very quickly to my emails and answered several questions. The transaction went very smooth, he send tracking number via email later that day. The boa was well packaged and arrived in great condition. I would definitely do business again with Tom Crutchfield, great guy.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #170
gasteriaphile
a leopard's spots

So... a leopard can change its spots! Still I say that what one does applies no matter how much time passes. Once burned; twice shy. Yes he is accountable for those "old days". I will not patronize him based on the reports of those other poor guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileboy1122 View Post
Tom gets an A+ in my book for RECENT DEALINGS. I am a younger herper and obviously had not encountered Tom in the days when he was a WHOLESALE GIANT. I would like to say now that things have changed far and far, I have been to Toms new store, meet with Tom a few times, and ordered a few animals off of Tom. He is done with the days of warehouses stocked with thousands of species. He now runs a small but well kept retail store in Miami Fl. Tom works hard to keep the place in tip top shape. The times I went store was clean, animals were healthy, and everything was just looking good. Now I understand some people hold old grudges, but is it really worth it for some snakes 15 years ago or whatever you had. Tom is a new guy with a new business and I believe that Tom deserves a second chance, whoever you are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!