Bad Guy VMSherp, Monica and Sean Niland - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #161
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusaCoils View Post
Robin S,

Is it possible that those minor tail tip kinks, could have occurred during shipping?

Wayne
there is a slight chance i am sure. but for BOTH to happen in the same shipment is kinda a far stretch. also look at the number of animals with tail kinks on the website. he never suggested that it could have happened that way or that he did or did not know, he just asked me what i wanted to do.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #162
snakegirl243
Seriously? Not trying to be rude of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
No hard feeling or anything, but for someone who continuously states they are not trying to be rude...you sure are argumentative enough that you really really do come off that way.
I am so glad someone finally commented on this. As a high school teacher I always tell my students if you have to preface a comment with "not trying to be rude" you are being rude!

Also, the company did everything they could to try to help you with your issue. I have personally purchased from VMS and I think they are great. Sean personally helped me put together an order of future breeders with amazing hets! A "bad guy" reputation should go to someone who refused to make the situation right. Sean and Monica did everything they could to make this right.

This whole thread is a contradiction to itself. You bought animals you didn't like and think they are bad breeders. However, instead of taking your money and purchasing from someone you think is a better breeder, you are mad they refunded your money and want them to instead send you more of their "poor quality" animals? Does this sound like an issue to anyone else? Think before you post. It saves on electricity when people have to spend 12 pages pointing out your obvious ignorance and discrepancies.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:04 AM   #163
doughtysnake
Ok,
I give up! I've read this entire thread..and have resisted the urge to comment. until now. In the last year i have purchased 3 Amazing cornsnakes off of VMS. And over this past year...i have e-mailed sean about genetics & what do i get if I cross this with that...what snake should i buy next? if my girlfriend won't allow me to own more than 5 snakes..what should i do? wheres the "hobby"/Business going in the future?? etc.etc.etc. In EVERY instance...the man took the time to respond to my e-mails and gave me Excellent advice about the business aspect of cornsnakes and some GREAT genetics tips. Now,it's probably been 6 months since i've spoken to sean thru e-mail....and I wished him & his family a merry christmas...without my having to BUY something...again...the man..without fail...responded to my e-mail. I do not know this man,never met him,never talked to him on the phone..have no clue what he looks like or how old he is....and the same goes for him about me. But he treated me like we were best friends,and showed me he was willing to do whatever it took to make me comfortable with my purchases. He is,in my book, a class act. True as it is...i know nothing of Gecko's...Sorry. So i cant really comment on the whole tail kinking issue. the deformed head..well...really,it is unfortunate that the animal did make it to you. And i know sean & monica did everything they could to resolve the issue. yes, i would have been upset. would i have bashed him?? nah.
Again, not trying to re-ignite an old flame here, but you being a breeder...looking for breeding stock...you chose the animal in question..from a picture...and YOU didnt notice a deformity? you didnt notice the tail kinks? from the pictures? but yet every other picture of his gecko's now have tail kinks,eye issues etc?? perhaps your company's name should be PMSreptiles??? Just saying.
Just in case your wondering....seans response to me on the question "what do i do if my girlfriend won't allow me to have more than 5 snakes?" he said.."I'd get a new girlfriend!". Turns out....he might be right!

Richard Doughty
ACR Breeder #817
"Corn Creations"

Old 02-06-2015, 06:07 PM   #164
amozo
I read pretty much the whole thread and have to agree with the poster directly above me. I just want others to know that I am a very satisfied customer of Sean's. My corn snake from Sean is a beautiful healthy ultra anery tessera that came just as pictured. I made sure to inspect the picture thoroughly to be able to see any deformities or abnormalities. I do not breed and never will, but I wanted to make sure I had a healthy baby on my hands. Sean was very fast with his correspondence and within minutes of ordering I already had my tracking number. The shipping process went very smoothly and my snake arrived alert and active. I would consider Sean a Good Guy seller. He offers the most beautiful morphs I've seen and adds pictures of each and every animal he has for sale. I have yet to find another breeder that takes pictures of the actual animal. This is why I chose Sean over others.

I would suggest for future buyers to inspect the photo really well and if you aren't sure, ask before sending your money. Sean seems like a nice enough guy willing to help if you have any questions.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #165
amozo
Thumbs down

I also wanted to add that Sean now lists kinks and minor "deformities" on his live products. He truly is a reliable and trustworthy breeder, especially for people looking to just buy pets and not breed. He sells healthy reptiles, which is of primary importance to me.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #166
amozo
I don't know why there is a thumbs down as my title in the last post. That is a mistake.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #167
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by amozo View Post
I also wanted to add that Sean now lists kinks and minor "deformities" on his live products.
Why wasn't it listed back in 2009?

Old 02-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #168
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
I have been buying from Sean and VMS for several years now.. and Im just a small time breeder... so Im not sure where you are coming up with this. He started just like all the rest of us. Working a full time job and trying to get his reptile biz off the ground. Why not sell to anyone that wanted your animals. Thats like

Sean offered you a full and total refund... and you turned it down. All you had to do was send them back to him. We are all human... mistakes happen.... and we dont catch everything, but he tried to make it right. You wouldnt let him.

The above that I put in bold should tell you that they do try to control the quality of their animals... and if they would have seen it... they wouldnt have put it up for sale. Just like the rest of us that value our name and reputation.

As a breeder.... the more animals we get... the less time we get to spend on each and every animal daily. Case in point... lets say you only have 6 animals. You can take them out daily and play with all 6 for 15mins or so each a day. When you get large enough that you can turn your passion into a full time job and support yourself... there is no longer any play time. You get to see each and every animal a few times a week while feeding and preforming cage maintenance. Its just the nature of things. Does this mean we love our animals any less than someone with 6 animals. NO it doesnt.

With this being the case.... sometimes mistakes are missed. What sets us appart is how we handle these mistakes. Sean tried to make it right with you by offering a full and total refund. You declined.

Do you think he should have offered the refund AND let you keep the geckos? I dont think so.

She didn't say anything about keeping them and getting her money back.
A mistake is shipping a gecko with a missing digit.
Sending a gecko with a deformed head and others with kinked tails is more than a mistake.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #169
Pasodama
Why, oh why, must a 5-7 yr. old post be drudged up, again, from the depths of the BOI? Never have understood why this occurs when it is not about a new case but is only to comment re. something old (whatever the thread was, originally, started for).
I guess that is "just me" though.

At any rate, since this is, now, on the front page ....

I have done "off & on" business, with Sean, throughout the years. Never once did I ever encounter a problem, the animals were A+ each time, and Sean was always great.

Have not read this thread, beyond the first page or two. However, via personal experience (and those that I know others have had), I would say that this error (thread subject) is an unfortunate exception, not the rule, with VMS.
Also, a refund was given for the malformed gecko.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #170
amozo
I posted on this because I didn't think it was necessary to start a new BOI thread for Sean. I am new here so perhaps it was wrong to comment on an old post. I just wanted to add my experience for people still looking through the BOI, particularly for VMSherp reviews. I am glad you were able to add your input, it is nice to see some newer reviews on VMSHERP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!