Inquiry Shipnex (anyone used them?) - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #161
Reptile Kings
I'm not sure how it's done in the U.S. with UPS, however in Canada, we're still required to be 'pre-approved' by UPS and have our boxes inspected by ISTA (International Safe Transit Association).
People can't simply drop off reptiles (even non-snakes) at UPS hubs. The carrier will simply reject the shipment. When they refuse our clients shipments, we have to fax our waiver over to that hub for verification, before they let it through.
When we set ourselves up with UPS, it was no different than when we set up our certified account with FedEx. It was a very tedious and lengthy process.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #162
Definitions
I was looking into shipnex last week. I called the company andthe representative I talked to said that if I was going to ship reptiles to have them put a UPS notification on my account so they would only create UPS labels. I haven't used them yet but the shipping prices are usually allot cheaper. I had animals shipped to me from UPS that went through shipnex and they arrived on time and in good shape.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #163
Definitions
Oh and the representative did say I could drop off at any UPS location. Well I was at staples yesterday and asked the lady that worked the UPS part o fthe store and they had a clause that said no animals. She said try the actual UPS stores. You should be able to drop off live animal packages at a UPS store.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:48 AM   #164
robyn@Pro Exotics
The problem is that Shipnex is not a legitimate company, period.

UPS doesn't allow them to ship third party, neither does FedEx. They aren't an approved reptile shipper with either company. UPS doesn't allow the shipment of snakes.

Shipnex ducks and dodges both companies, existing in this gray mist and taking advantage of non-critical or under-informed customers.

When you give your business to these illegitimate hustlers, you jeopardize the future of reptile shipping for everyone.

UPS provides a system for the shipping of non-snake reptiles. FedEx offers a live certification program specifically for live reptile shippers.

ShipYourReptiles is specifically approved by FedEx for third party reptile shipping. We work hard to offer the materials, support and knowledge to make it a successful program.

Shipnex doesn't offer you the service or support for live reptile shipping, and they consistently give misleading or erroneous info. (you aren't allowed to drop live reptile shipments at The UPS Store either)

And yet folks ship with a hustler business that has no care or concern for the reptile hobby or industry.

There are better choices to make. Please use the proper channels. Get certified with FedEx directly, or use a legitimate service like ShipYourReptiles.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #165
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn@Pro Exotics View Post
The problem is that Shipnex is not a legitimate company, period.

UPS doesn't allow them to ship third party, neither does FedEx. They aren't an approved reptile shipper with either company. UPS doesn't allow the shipment of snakes.

Shipnex ducks and dodges both companies, existing in this gray mist and taking advantage of non-critical or under-informed customers.

When you give your business to these illegitimate hustlers, you jeopardize the future of reptile shipping for everyone.

UPS provides a system for the shipping of non-snake reptiles. FedEx offers a live certification program specifically for live reptile shippers.

ShipYourReptiles is specifically approved by FedEx for third party reptile shipping. We work hard to offer the materials, support and knowledge to make it a successful program.

Shipnex doesn't offer you the service or support for live reptile shipping, and they consistently give misleading or erroneous info. (you aren't allowed to drop live reptile shipments at The UPS Store either)

And yet folks ship with a hustler business that has no care or concern for the reptile hobby or industry.

There are better choices to make. Please use the proper channels. Get certified with FedEx directly, or use a legitimate service like ShipYourReptiles.

Howd you find this out, and if not allowed why have their accounts not been blocked

Old 04-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #166
garagedragon
Thanks Robyn for clearing that up.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #167
robyn@Pro Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Howd you find this out, and if not allowed why have their accounts not been blocked
It is a constant game of hide and seek with these types of companies, Shipnex is the worst abuser.

You have to have a label to turn them in (so it has tracking, which can be traced to an account), I don't print a whole lot of labels with them.

Once I get one, it goes up the channels to FedEx, or UPS, then they crack the whip and that service disappears for a while (they switch to all UPS, or all FedEx).

Then it comes back under a different account number. Shipnex is a bootleg operation run off of a very large account in NY. It is absolutely against TOS to run this type of service, both with UPS and FedEx.

We know the TOS rules of both companies backwards and forwards. We follow those rules, and spend crazy money to service our market while following these rules, while bootleg companies blatantly ignore the jeopardy they put the reptile market in.

I would rather spend my time focused on providing the best service to our SYR customers, and that is my daily focus. But it gets hard when I see hobbyist recommending these types of companies to others.

It is an integrity issue here (among other issues), especially with all of this anti-reptile legislation launching each month/week, we should all be striving to do things the right way.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #168
debbieprice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Rich their accounts get blocked on a regular basis and it is exactly as Robin states , what they then do is create new accounts with Fed Ex or UPS. This goes on all the time with ShipNex. That is why you never know were your label is coming from UPS or Fed Ex when you ship with them. I agree they do not care or have concern for the reptile hobby or industry. This is what puts the industry in jeopardy. Bottom line use a legitimate company like Reptiles Express or SYR and you will not have any issues.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #169
pakinjak
But hey, if we can save a few bucks on a label why not, huh? It's not like the buyer is paying for the shipping and it shouldn't make any difference to us, is it?

Seriously people, the herp community doesn't need any more bad publicity. An extra $10-15 on shipping that the seller isn't even paying isn't going to break anybody. I don't even know why Shipnex keeps coming up. Personally, it's a bad sign to me if someone knows how Shipnex works and continues to use them.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #170
RichsBallPythons
Just wondering, Never been to their site nor how they operated.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!