Bad Guy Ian Curtis - Stolen African House Snakes - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:23 AM   #161
Boid&GeckoFreak
Just so you know, in most states, including Kentucky, you only need one party's knowledge(your's) to record a conversation or phone call. If he insists on talking on the phone you can record it without his knowledge, assuming he is also in Kentucky or another state that allows it. There are apps for this, or buy a cheap recorder and put it on speakerphone.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #162
laterob
Ugh. Seems like he was waiting for that. Like Chris said, he's a thief. He must feel like he can win a judgment, but he'll still be a thief even if he does.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:31 AM   #163
nickolasanastasiou
The responses of Chris Barmore are unsightly. Between the content of his communications and those of Ian Curtis, it appears that the KHS is an extremely untrustworthy and unprofessional incarnation of whatever the organization was supposedly intended to be.

When going by the the words and actions of its president and vice president, both of whom are either active or complicit with the theft of the OP's snakes, it would seem difficult for a decent person to justify wanting anything to do with Chris, Ian, or the KHS as it now exists.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:37 AM   #164
SincereArtisan
Also, this is the FB message I sent to Chris Barmore, Peter Lindle, Mat Thompson, Kathy Hicks and Greg Ammon following my update. I wanted them to be aware that thanks to Ian Curtis, they may be legally responsible for their involvement as claimed witnesses:

"Much as it disappoints me to be writing this, I feel it is only right to let you know that Ian has chosen to welcome legal action to be taken against him and the theft of my snakes.

Some of you this affects directly (Peter, Mat, Kathy, Chris) As Ian has claimed you all as witnesses. The others I felt should be included in this, in case the progression of Ian's lack of communication/cooperation has slipped your notice. It is a lengthy read, but my post to the BOI forum details my attempts to handle this matter like an adult in every way possible. I think it would be in everyone's best interests to familiarize themselves with the details. My latest post shows my last conversation with Ian, in which he expressed his wishes quite clearly: "Please take me to court."

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=447055

Also, my efforts to avoid the KHS's involvement have been in vain, as that is the circle from which Ian has named his witnesses, and he was announced as it's new VP not long after I brought this situation to light, despite obvious concerns.

I will be meeting with a Lawyer on Monday."

Old 12-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #165
SincereArtisan
Also, did you notice that Ian had my address? As far as I am aware, the only way he could have acquired that was through KHS records. I do not believe those records were available for Ian's personal use, despite his newly acquired status as VP.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #166
markpulawski
So in Chris' words if Ian does not return the snakes he is a thief....I think that says it all. Now the president of the KHS has proclaimed Ian in the wrong and a thief for stealing the snakes.....what would we all do under those circumstances? Well I for one would pat him on the back, tell him good job and appoint him VP of the KHS. Wow this is like a Twilight Zone episode, Sarah amazing how you wanting the right thing to be done has painted you a bad guy in the eyes of the KHS.
At least the whole world (at least those that check up on folks in the herp community) knows that Ian Curtis is a thief, even proclaimed so by the President of the KHS. Too bad Chris is not smart enough to understand that if Ian gave the snakes back he could no longer be called a thief.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #167
JohnRougeux
Quote:
Originally Posted by SincereArtisan View Post
Also, did you notice that Ian had my address? As far as I am aware, the only way he could have acquired that was through KHS records. I do not believe those records were available for Ian's personal use, despite his newly acquired status as VP.
huh...yeah, sounds like he's using the records for his own personal gain. :shoot foot

Sarah,
You have been keeping excellent records and unfortunately, I'm not seeing a good outcome out of this. Like mentioned before, either he sold the snakes or they are dead.
He obviously isn't a man of his words. Saying he would call later and how he wanted to resolve this tonight and then NOT calling you and saying take you to court is the words of a coward.

Good luck with the court proceedings, I hope that they garnish his wages at work.

His reputation is preceding him already. I was able to divert a rehoming from him to me by just pointing out this thread.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #168
JohnRougeux
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRougeux View Post
His reputation is preceding him already. I was able to divert a rehoming from him to me by just pointing out this thread.
Guess can't edit a post. Understandable.

What I meant was that he was going to get 2 snakes from someone via rehoming that was posted on the KHS, but I was able to point out this thread to them and now they are coming to me.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #169
JohnRougeux
Nice work KHS. Silence anybody that questions your officers integrity:

Old 12-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #170
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
The responses of Chris Barmore are unsightly. Between the content of his communications and those of Ian Curtis, it appears that the KHS is an extremely untrustworthy and unprofessional incarnation of whatever the organization was supposedly intended to be.

When going by the the words and actions of its president and vice president, both of whom are either active or complicit with the theft of the OP's snakes, it would seem difficult for a decent person to justify wanting anything to do with Chris, Ian, or the KHS as it now exists.
I totally agree.
That Sarah saw through all the machinations and is standing up for herself is a tribute to her, but she should not have had to go through all this.
I would hope in a search for KHS that this very informative thread would come up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!