Why do people....... More..... - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #161
GeckoPalace
Nothing at all marcia, but just dont ask gregg that question, he'll tell you that chats evolve too. But really it just changed because someone made an off-topic statement.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:00 PM   #162
StinaUIUC
No, it doesn't have anything to do with the original topic...buts its still interesting...at any rate...to answer how humans evolved from unicellular organisms...lets start with prokaryotes becoming eukaryotes...This I know isn't known for sure...but its believed that bacterial cells started with other bacterial cells infecting it, but the "infection" became beneficial to both cells and thus organelles developed (or something along those lines...I don't remember exactly). Once eukaryotic cells developed they of course divide...which puts them in a kind of group if none are blown away or anything and eventually they come to survive better in a cooperating group of cells...this cooperating group of cells is basically a tissue...then some mutation randomly occurs and now there are two types of cells...and its beneficial for them to cooperate...thus organisms with multiple tissues developed. ...hmm...having trouble remembering the whole theory...well at any rate...then things got more advanced and animals with very simple organs developed...then they gradually gained more specific organs, and more structures...eventually organ systems developed...and its just a matter of basic evolution from there to get to humans....branching from common ancestors with new things developing and things that no longer have uses regressing... Makes a lot more sense to me than everything just randomly appearing all at once and never changing but still somehow having genetic information that allows for change....

Old 02-21-2005, 11:38 PM   #163
Gregg M
Anti-evolution = pro-creation..... Unfortunatly there is not a single bit of scientific proof that creation occured..... Now there are many things that prove evolution occured..... I just do not see how one can believe stories written in a book thousands of years ago by uneducated people.....

Now I have a question..... Do any of you believe that sloths just appeared with their organs upside down or did they evolve that way???? I would have to say they evolved that way being that their anccestors were ground dwellers that walked upright at times..... What does this have to do with the topic???? Nothing at all..... Just a simple example of evolution.....

As Flava flave once said, "Dont believe the hype".... LOL

Old 02-21-2005, 11:49 PM   #164
Gregg M
I also read something in that new link..... Universal flood???? O I see, in other words, "Noahs Arc"....... LOL..... The universal flood theory has already been proven wrong over and over again......

Old 02-21-2005, 11:51 PM   #165
Gregg M
Oh yeah, do a search on Calvary Academy...... It is a religious school.....LOL

Old 02-22-2005, 02:36 AM   #167
lefty_mussolini
Another resource

This site has a rediculous amount of facts. http://www.talkorigins.org -I guaranty that this site has no religous affiliation.

Old 02-22-2005, 03:28 AM   #168
lefty_mussolini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoPalace
Ok i know we are already past this subject but here is a site that is not religion based, it is just evidence that evolution could not have happened. http://emporium.turnpike.net/C/cs/top.htm
There was absolutely no evidence found on this site. It was all supported by theory proposed by other creationists. There were no actual scientific studies to be found in their works cited. It was all just books by other creationists. And yes it was religion based. There is no such thing as a non-religious anti-evolutionist/creationist, because the only reason to ignore the evidence of evolution is if it conflicts with the teachings of a religion.

Old 02-22-2005, 04:18 AM   #169
SableLynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis
I dress mine up in doll cloths and throw birthday parties and stuff!
Hey awesome idea. How about if my kiddos come to your kiddos parties and yours come to mine. maybe we can hire a clown and do pony rides too.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:08 AM   #170
Bringerofdoom
Sorry i know i know OT, but hey....

Sorry, i know my input might anger some of you, because my views are totally different.

Evolution happened. Man (Homo-Sapian SP?)has been dated to 200,000 years now in a newly published report.

To me i find it impossible to believe a story of "god" who magically created all these planets and people animals, insects, fish, plants.... Stories in the bible of magic and crazy stuff, but yet within the 2,000 years of other non-bible documentation even talk about anything like that. If adam and eve were the first people on earth, then we are all related to one another. Adam and eve had kids they had kids and so one, but no new blood??? i doubt it.

take a look at austrailia, they are the key to where evolution began. Aborigine (sp?) if i'm correct means orignal man. Alot of other things suggest that man started in austrailia then migrated to everywhere in the world from there. This is why there are pyrimids in egypt and similar ones in south america, both originating at the same time in history.

Look at the mammals. the palatypus, if thats not a sign of evolution gone wrong i dont know what is. there is another animal rare in its form, but still exist to this day in new zealand. It's called the Tuatara its a lizard who's cousins died off in the triasic dinosaur period. Its has sexual organs like a bird and other features that are only present in amphibians. Heck they are finding fish in the deep deep blue sea who were only present when dinosaurs were roaming this earth too.

if we ourselves are not proof of evolution i dont know what is. Early man was brutal, would bash your head in faster than anything else. Barely capable of any communication, nor understanding. 200,000 years later Were planning on travelling to mars.

Here is another food for thought
http://www.txtwriter.com/Onscience/Articles/losos.html
http://www.anole.net/ecomorph.html
http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3acf215a53b6.htm
Darwinism proven in the anole's. talks about how anoles evolved independantly on seperate islands.

Sorry, if i offended anyone with this post's it is not my intention. I'm just a big believer in evolution versus creation and i felt i had to post these points. Since we are all reptile freaks and all.

If there are any type o's i apoligize its 7:00 am here and i just got back in from the hospital and i'm very tired now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!