Bad Guy The Serpentarium- Lodi, Ca - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #171
ronritzer
Then presumably the way the transaction went down concerning the change of hands between Bill and Robert are just that allegations. Everything presented here has been nothing but allegations and nothing has been presented nor can be presented concerning this snake purchase that represents any kind of proof.
Both parties admit that the buyer was offered a full refund and the buyer refused. Thats pretty much the end of it as far as Im concerned.

On another note, the snake does have a couple of sores, as wild caught snakes may tend to have but looks like it has a pretty healthy weight.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #172
ronritzer
In the future I think Robert would do well to refuse special ordering wild caught snakes for obviously high maintenance customers and stick to the captive bred animals with which he is familiar and thus gaurantee his customers satisfaction.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #173
Skiploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolt4-5 View Post
I'm curious as I've seen similar statements made previously in this thread to the one above what is the rumor in regards to the business and it's change of hands? Since this thread has been based on hearsay would it really make a difference to hear one more unsubstantiated story? Assuming that it is that the story is as unsubstantiated as the previous statements. In either case it might be worth mentioning as perhaps others may take into account this new information even if there is no proof to back it up. So by all means those who have "heard" about the transfer of the business please add what you've heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbgill View Post
For Clarification, my name is Bill Gillingham and I sold the Great Valley Serpentarium to Robert Coral back in the spring of 2009 for about $228,000. We drew up our own contract which was unsecured. I was to carry the loan. I had Robert's word this would work. I signed over to Robert the property on my own fearing any lawsuits he may encounter in the business (my mistake). Unfortunately all of this was caught up in his bankruptcy that I learned after the fact. Robert's mother was able to buy the business back from the State for $100,000. Robert was suppose to pay his mother $1500 per month. I asked Robert if he could pay me a little less of the difference of the original price, $100,000 at $500 per month. I volunteered for awhile taking care of the baby room making sure that the 800 plus baby snakes got a good start at life. I may have recieved a couple of payments then it stopped after I went into the hospital for a knee replacement. I heard Robert was not going to pay anymore because I told people I had lost the Serpentatium in his bankruptcy. I did receive some money from the bankruptcy settlement, $53,000. If Robert told anyone he is still paying me, I would like to see it.
I made an unfortunate mistake especially after running the business for nearly 20 years. I bred the False Water Cobra back in the mid 1980's, also bred the Redtail Green Rat, several species of Boiga and the first breeding of the Mandarin Ratsnake in the United States. Robert did'nt breed anything except possibly ball pythons until he took over my collection. I had all the breeders already bred and ready to lay, corns, kings, boas, pythons, false water cobras, rat snakes etc. Yes, I made a horrible and dumb mistake but I have forgiven Robert, that's just who I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronritzer View Post
Then presumably the way the transaction went down concerning the change of hands between Bill and Robert are just that allegations. Everything presented here has been nothing but allegations and nothing has been presented nor can be presented concerning this snake purchase that represents any kind of proof.
Both parties admit that the buyer was offered a full refund and the buyer refused. Thats pretty much the end of it as far as Im concerned.

On another note, the snake does have a couple of sores, as wild caught snakes may tend to have but looks like it has a pretty healthy weight.
Well, you got the story straight from Bill himself. As you have seen from the responses from many people, including the owner of THIS site, Mr. Gillingham's excellent reputation and credibility proceed him.

Now that you know that, and have "heard" first hand Bill's account, you know what most of us know. Draw your own conclusions. Bill's reputation in this industry is unimpeachable, I would hazard to say his account is the truth.

I will say this, I cannot see Mr. Gillingham, when he ran the store, "special ordering" a WC gonyosoma for a first time owner and sending him on his merry way.

Sometimes a smart businessman, an ethical businessman, a businessman who cares about his clients and the animals he sells, actually turns down a sale.............

Old 08-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #174
rosebud945
Quote:
Then presumably the way the transaction went down concerning the change of hands between Bill and Robert are just that allegations.
Ron, I don't think that anyone is disputing Bill's account of how the business changed hands but you.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #175
Kolt4-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus q View Post
I think Bill's experience sheds some new light ,and will help others make an informed decision on whether to support a business or not .
I was hoping for something along those lines. Other people having a negative experience with TheSerpentarium and sharing it to perhaps serve the purpose of some form of proof. While not a definitive sign of a bad seller it does beg the question could several opinions of several people be that far off from reality.

It would be interesting to see how Mr. Coral responds to these new allegations. What will be his interpretation of the events described?

I am also curious wbgill what made you decide to join Fauna yesterday?
Did someone on the thread contact you and make you aware of you being mentioned in a thread here?
Also while I hate questioning people and their honesty how do we know your really well ummm, you? and not someone pretending to be Bill Gillingham in order to garner support for their claims made in the thread?
I mean no offence in questioning you, but it would do some bit of help in providing proof in the validity of the statements.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #176
rosebud945
Quote:
Also while I hate questioning people and their honesty how do we know your really well ummm, you? and not someone pretending to be Bill Gillingham in order to garner support for their claims made in the thread?
What claims would he be trying to garner support for? He isn't making a statement one way or the other about the OP or Robert's claims here, as far as I can tell.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #177
Kolt4-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
Well, you got the story straight from Bill himself. As you have seen from the responses from many people, including the owner of THIS site, Mr. Gillingham's excellent reputation and credibility proceed him.

Now that you know that, and have "heard" first hand Bill's account, you know what most of us know. Draw your own conclusions. Bill's reputation in this industry is unimpeachable, I would hazard to say his account is the truth.

I will say this, I cannot see Mr. Gillingham, when he ran the store, "special ordering" a WC gonyosoma for a first time owner and sending him on his merry way.

Sometimes a smart businessman, an ethical businessman, a businessman who cares about his clients and the animals he sells, actually turns down a sale.............
I meant nothing other than this thread has been based on statements/ recounts of actions with no proof. As I doubted that any proof would be made regarding what happened back then during that transaction, I was still curious. Mostly for the fact that several incidents recounted by different people may sway myself and others to reassess our current position. While not actual proof if several people claim to have had bad experiences with Mr. Coral it does add validity to the claims somewhat.

Also I was unaware that the owner of this site had also vouched for the negative business practices of Mr. Coral. Forgive me as I'm new and have no idea who owns the site or much else I'm still getting familiar with the site. May I ask who in this thread is the owner of Fauna? At very least I'd like to thank him for such a awesome site especially the BOI. I can't tell you what a difference the BOI makes to me, it's quite the useful tool in my opinion. Helps keep Sellers and Buyers on the straight and narrow in my opinion.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #178
WebSlave
Quote:
I was hoping for something along those lines. Other people having a negative experience with TheSerpentarium and sharing it to perhaps serve the purpose of some form of proof. While not a definitive sign of a bad seller it does beg the question could several opinions of several people be that far off from reality.

It would be interesting to see how Mr. Coral responds to these new allegations. What will be his interpretation of the events described?

I am also curious wbgill what made you decide to join Fauna yesterday?
Did someone on the thread contact you and make you aware of you being mentioned in a thread here?
I mean no offence in questioning you, but it would do some bit of help in providing proof in the validity of the statements.
Fair question. But how do we know that YOU are really YOU? Or anyone taking part in this thread, for that matter? If we feel we need proof positive of the identity of ANYONE, then why not EVERYONE? When you follow that thought to it's logical conclusion, tell me what you come up with. And just for the record, been there, and done that already. Didn't even get a T-shirt.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #179
Kolt4-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud945 View Post
What claims would he be trying to garner support for? He isn't making a statement one way or the other about the OP or Robert's claims here, as far as I can tell.
By casting more shadow on Mr. Corals business ethics I believe it would influence other people to perhaps believe the OP's statements over TheSerpenatium. So I figured it could be seen as trying to gather support toward the original claim. In my opinion that is, hope that makes sense to others and not just me. Perhaps I read too much into such actions.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #180
WebSlave
Quote:
Also I was unaware that the owner of this site had also vouched for the negative business practices of Mr. Coral.
Where did you come up with THAT idea? Sorry, but that is nothing that I am aware of. So please stop shooting from the hip before you draw your gun out of your holster....

Quote:
Forgive me as I'm new and have no idea who owns the site or much else I'm still getting familiar with the site. May I ask who in this thread is the owner of Fauna? At very least I'd like to thank him for such a awesome site especially the BOI. I can't tell you what a difference the BOI makes to me, it's quite the useful tool in my opinion. Helps keep Sellers and Buyers on the straight and narrow in my opinion.
You are welcome.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!