Tony Cueto Bad Guy! (reptile shows) - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-10-2004, 09:15 AM   #171
bpc
Update

Well folks, after letting things settle down for a couple of months, I contacted Tony and we have discussed things via email. It looks like we may be able to work things out.

Tony stated that he was simply not comfortable posting things here on the BOI, and got more and more upset when I continued to do so. At the time, I felt that doing things "out in public" was the way to go. Looking back, and reading Tony's emails, I now realize that not everyone works the same way I do. So, I will apologize for bringing things here, to the BOI, as quickily as I did.

Tony admitted, in the emails, that he should have discussed any problems he had with me, directly with me. And we both agreed that if we can work together in the future, that is how we should do it. I have agreed, that in the future I will give Tony more time to respond before coming here to post. My "rush" to post probably caused more damage than good (for both of us), for that I am sorry.

Tony was also very upset about the threats I made to his shows (handing out business cards w/ the thread address, etc.). I backed away from that idea on my own mainly because I found other shows to do and didn't have the time to bother w/ it. But, apparently Tony continued to worry about it. My intention w/ this thread from the beginning was simply to get Tony's attention. I felt I was banned and then ignored, and I was not going to take that lying down. If one looks at my posts, several times I state that Tony puts on great shows. All I wanted was the right to do them. I suppose if I had simply waited for Tampa to past as Tony requested, this may not have gone so far. However, at the time, not being able to do that show cost me a great deal of money because of timing of all that transpired. Hence, I was pissed, I wanted answers NOW!

Tony continues to state that he has a vendor which swears I sold ball pythons for $4. I would really like to meet this person face to face and ask him when and where. As I have told Tony, it simply DID NOT HAPPEN. The best price I have ever gotten on balls was $5. I'm not going to sell things for less than I pay for them, that simply doesn't work. I asked Tony for more specifics on customer complaints and unfortunately he cannot provide me w/ any because his files are missing (for reasons he asked me not to discuss). Again, I can't respond to complaints if I don't know what they are. And, I have yet to receive EVEN ONE complaint (from any of Tony's shows) myself even though my business card sits right in the middle of my table at every show with name, address, email, and not one, but two working phone numbers. I have received calls from people who bought from me or saw my display at the show and wished to buy more animals. In fact, I just got a call from the Carolinas last night, requesting more animals. Tony did admit that at least one complaint he received was researched and it was discovered that the customer had me confused w/ someone else. I think that shows that he too is willing to move forward.

In closing, I do apologize to Tony for trying to force him to do things my way. I guess I need to realize sooner that not everyone works the same way I do. And I hope that we can work the rest of this out so that we can get back to business (which is all I wanted in the first place).

Old 02-10-2004, 10:30 AM   #172
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Brian,

I am glad to hear that you were able to work things out with Tony. Welcome back.

Old 02-10-2004, 11:34 AM   #173
eric adrignola
Definatly unerstand your situtation. Tony is VERY hard to get in touch with around the time of the shows. I have been trying to get in touch with him concerning the NEXT show, and I cannot reach him at all--and I work FOR him directly at the shows!

I need to try and find his number to see if he's going to need me and my wife's help down in Tampa. If anybody has it, email me.
pluto77189@aol.com
Eric A

Old 02-10-2004, 12:28 PM   #174
snakegetters
I'm a bit tight-arsed when it comes to animal welfare - if I see an animal being treated poorly at a show, I tend to have a strong opinion on the subject that I am not shy about expressing.

I cannot recall ever seeing any animal held in a questionable situation at one of Brian's show tables. And if he had in fact been selling ball pythons for $4, I would have gone home with a good sized bag since I'm always shopping for king cobra groceries. But he wasn't. I spend most of my time at the nonvenomous shows looking for feeders, so I know who's got the real bottom-of-the-barrel cheapies. It isn't Brian.

Old 02-10-2004, 04:51 PM   #175
Suncoast Herpetological
Tony's Number

(919) 496-7872

Old 02-10-2004, 04:59 PM   #176
Mickey_TLK
Rob

Im not sure Brian is saying Tony is allowing him back at this point, but rather that they are negotiating the chances of it happening.

I just figured I would point that out, so nobody would read into it incorrectly and slam Tony later if it turns out Brian isnt allowed back in.

I personally have no axe to grind in this issue one way or another, as I honestly cannot recall Brian in a good or bad way from any of Tonys shows Ive done.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!