Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 01:54 PM   #171
jim scharphorn
I do not know what I am going to do. I did make a deal with Tim even though I was not sent what I expected. I will see when I get a fecal sample back. If It is sick then I think that that cost should come of the top. Tim did say it was perfectly healthy.
I do not want my head on the chopping block for a lousy $600

Old 07-25-2003, 03:20 PM   #172
Marcial Mendez
Just my opinion, but....

If you had an agreement for a ready to breed animal for $600, and what you got was an animal that won't be ready for a few years, it's obviously not worth $600, parasite free or not...

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide...

Old 07-25-2003, 06:08 PM   #173
MSRHINOVIPER
Jim Do you have a pic of the snake that you bought? Just wondering I wanted to see if it was the one that Tim tried to sell us.
Matt how are things going with your snake? I havent seen you post anything else about her and was just wondering. Hope she is hanging in there for you.

MsRhinoviper

Old 07-25-2003, 07:07 PM   #174
jim scharphorn

Old 07-25-2003, 10:07 PM   #175
MSRHINOVIPER
That looks like the snake he tried to sell us. He want $1500 for it and the male. I hope it is ok unlike Matt's. Good luck with her I wouldnt give him the full price on her if she wasnt what you wanted. Hope and wish you luck!
Shawn

Old 07-25-2003, 11:10 PM   #176
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Guys,

First of all Jim I am sorry for you. Tim has told me many times how he doesn't like you and so on and to see him sell a snake to you really brought a question into my mind. Why would he sell a snake to someone he didn't like and didn't once have a nice thing to say about when talking to me? Strange!

Quote:
I did make a deal with Tim even though I was not sent what I expected.
Join the club! I would send her back if it was me.

Sorry again Jim! Have her checked for cocci and spiral bacteria for sure and if I were you I would take all the vet bills off the purchase price! It's only right after seeing what he did.

Old 07-26-2003, 06:31 AM   #177
jim scharphorn
[quote]Originally posted by Ghi Reptiles
[b]Hey Guys,

First of all Jim I am sorry for you. Tim has told me many times how he doesn't like you and so on and to see him sell a snake to you really brought a question into my mind. Why would he sell a snake to someone he didn't like and didn't once have a nice thing to say about when talking to me? Strange!

I asked him that and he said that he never said anything and you ( Matt ) were making it up because you were mad at him.

Its to bad he was trashing me behind my back, your not the only one he said things to, He also was saying things to Ralph. I wunder who else he talked to about me.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:04 AM   #178
Urban Jungles
Yoo hoo...

Right here... He sent me emails (which I've deleted unfortunately) making fun of you right about the time you guys had your spat on Corallus.

Lovely how this all unfolds.

Old 07-26-2003, 09:22 PM   #179
jim scharphorn
Thanks Danny for telling me this.

Hey Timmy boy when you get back from your vacation I got a bone to pick with you.
P. S. thanks for the snake.

Old 07-27-2003, 01:40 PM   #180
atl herp guy
Thank you Matt for saving me missery

First off I would like thank Matt for saving me the possible heartache and trouble of dealing with this person. I have been saving and pondering for a couple years about buying an ETB but I wanted to make sure I had the perfect set up and all the info I could muster before buying because I don’t have a lot of money being a NURSING student and working fulltime and going to school fulltime to finish my BSn (4 year science degree with nursing emphasis) I wanted to make sure the snake I was getting was going to be perfect so that my inexperience would not be so brutal on it. Have looked at many web sites and since I have seen tims post on this board I decided from his post he must be a good guy so I went to his web site and looked and found a northern female that is still on is his site. I was planning on calling him today to enquire about buying the snake and just by chance I sat down to call and flipped the board open to read little and I see this thread. Thanks to this thread and matt I will won’t be buying from tim.
Here are some points I would like to make

1) I would not discuss any further on this board Matt about this subject unless your lawyer has read your post. While you may think that your ok some off the things said can be used against you when taken out of context layer spins ect…

2) I have used ups many times to ship and receive live animals and I have NEVER had a shipment past 10:30 AM NEVER had a box damaged and NEVER had a DOA

3) It is clear this snake was pumped full of SQ and the vet report while some may not fully understand it states clearly the animal was sick well before shipment (bacterial infections ect.) there is NO doubt this animal was only made worse by shipping it in its condition and its condition upon arrival was NOT from shipping conditions.

4) file suit as you may or may not know a law suit is filled on your credit report in the case of a judgment, but when creditors see that a layer has been pulling your credit reports they will run like wild fire from extending credit.

5) this is a pathetic case of misrepresentation, fraud and I would say animal abuse, I also wonder if tim being a nurse has made his employers aware that he keeps and handles reptiles, this is pretty important if he works in pediatrics where salmonella can be fatal to infants and immune surpassed people, not that he doesn’t take expert care of himself to make sure he is free from bacteria and the like but his employer should have known this fact as it is up to them whether to allow him to work around these patients or not.

6) matt should be refunded EVERY SINGLE PENNY vet, shipping all of it I urge you Matt to file suit

I don’t know either one of these people but if this case was presented to me with the documents I have read here and I was on the jury I would have no doubt in my head about rewarding Matt every single dime he was asking for, as well as pain and suffering time from work what ever he was asking he would get.

Mat Price

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread