Info Al Brown/ Liar - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #171
reticguy76
wow !!

Old 11-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #172
allreptiles1966
Chris,i am sorry if your referring to something i didnt get above in your statement.
This thread is crazy and hard to follow for me.
SO SORRY CHRIS!!!!

Old 11-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #173
Jesse Van Atta
Three times over the course of how long? You say he gave it to you over the phone. Sounds like you got it. In writing with a signature, no, but one more day of waiting and it would have been provided.

I will give you some advice. Boas require patience. Good luck. The baby you have was amazing in person, and is unquestionably a jungle to anyone that knows anything about boas.

Your approach to the entire ordeal is a red flag to any seller. Who would want to thrown under your bus? 17 pages worth of a thread calling liar over WHAT? If I were Al, I jwould be thinking slander and defamation of character. Liar is a strong word.

My suggestion is to apologize publicly, and maybe he will provide what you are asking for. I personally would be done with you, as you truly have all that you need... just not what you wanted.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #174
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Chris,i am sorry if your referring to something i didnt get above in your statement.
This thread is crazy and hard to follow for me.
SO SORRY CHRIS!!!!
LOL! Don't sweat it. That's the hardest I've laughed in days. I am thick-headed.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #175
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Van Atta View Post
Three times over the course of how long? You say he gave it to you over the phone. Sounds like you got it. In writing with a signature, no, but one more day of waiting and it would have been provided.

I will give you some advice. Boas require patience. Good luck. The baby you have was amazing in person, and is unquestionably a jungle to anyone that knows anything about boas.

Your approach to the entire ordeal is a red flag to any seller. Who would want to thrown under your bus? 17 pages worth of a thread calling liar over WHAT? If I were Al, I jwould be thinking slander and defamation of character. Liar is a strong word.

My suggestion is to apologize publicly, and maybe he will provide what you are asking for. I personally would be done with you, as you truly have all that you need... just not what you wanted.
Good one

Old 11-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #176
allreptiles1966
Glad you think that.Your opinion is yours and maybe some others.
To apologize for him not sending the info the first 2 times?Yea,ok.
I will not have any problems getting more boa's!
I dont care about the papers.
Al is suppose to be a professional,right? He should not have had me waiting on papers that should have come with the boa.Whats so hard to understand that?I saked when not getting! I should have begged at that point Jesse.Not happening.
And i am under the bus right now defending myself for something someone did to me!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #177
allreptiles1966
Thanks Chris.I too am thick headed.Ask HH MOORE.I think he told me that once too.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #178
reticguy76
people are so rushed and gottal have this now and so paperwork dependent. maybe i live in a world that isnt common (which should be and we wouldnt have these issues), but if a reputable breeder verbally told me lineage, that is good enough until he can send me the papers that will so desperately make or break me the next few weeks.

i just dont get it

Old 11-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #179
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
First of all, read posts with an open mind, and not with an agenda. If you are shallow enough to believe that just because you, an esteemed member of the BOI, has had great deals with someone, and based on that alone you believe that your word and experiences with people should be the model of what this forum exemplifies, then your egotism has definately clouded your thoughts. Just because someone has "earned" a good rep with you or anyone else here does not mean that they should be exempt of being placed under a microscope by those who don't know them. Much like most people here do. If you can find ONE single post where I "faulted Al", repost it here, please. And for the record, my name is Chris, not yall. Oh, and as for this statement made by you..."The OP didn't give him a chance to come through as promised", ...read the thread a few more times.
Did you really derive all that from my post? I'd like to know this agenda you speak of too. Perhaps you could school me. And, esteemed member? LOL That's rich. I do a lot more reading then posting in the BOI. Oh, and I addressed you as Mr. Kennard did I not? The y'all, should have read "all y'all", since I was referring to more then one person.

Twist it however you like. Maybe you need to go back and read it again. I read it and comprehended it just fine the first time. Al said he'd get back to him on the 31st when he returned from vacation. What's the date and time on the start of this thread? Not even 6 AM on the 31st according to what I see. What, was Al supposed to leave earlier then planned, drive all night to be home by 3 AM, and rush in to make sure the paperwork was sent, so the buyer wouldn't have to wait past his first cup of coffee?

Yeah, he showed all kinds of patience.

Let me try a different logic, although I think it was asked once already...Was it EVER discussed, just EXACTLY what "lineage paperwork" consisted of? Did the purchaser ever say to Al, "this is what I am looking for in the paperwork"? Did the buyer even ask Al what he meant by lineage paperwork? Did Al promise "I'll send paperwork on the lineage as far back as the first imports"?

I really don't feel like I'm the one who's seeing things in a twisted frame of mind. I see it as just what I stated. Miscommunication, perhaps on both ends, and some impatience on the OP's part.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #180
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
people are so rushed and gottal have this now and so paperwork dependent. maybe i live in a world that isnt common (which should be and we wouldnt have these issues), but if a reputable breeder verbally told me lineage, that is good enough until he can send me the papers that will so desperately make or break me the next few weeks.

i just dont get it
Go re-read the BOI; read how all those "good," "trusted," "reputable" BIG NAME breeders ripped off some people.

That's enough for me to require more than a verbal name/reputation that won't carry much weight in a court of law or I am sure something would be required if I had to come back HERE and post how I got ripped off.

As mentioned...a few of us have LEARNED a few things and have no desire to return to the "good ole days" where "most" did this or that.

I KNOW that a few of those victims probably wished they had more documents to go on.

***He asked for LINEAGE a few times, Al's reponse to him showed that he was aware of exactly what was wanted.

The buyer was told that the papers were coming, they didn't come, he asked again, was told they were coming, nothing...he got fed up. It's unfortunate "for his story" that the timing is off. The timing makes him seem impatient, his story does not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!