Break in at Carolina Reptile Exchange (Bruce Eisenmanns store) - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2004, 01:42 AM   #181
Venomousonly
One more thing, the albino copper head belonged to the same person that Mr.Moody was talking("warrants issued and served") about on page 9 of this thread. I will not name him but like I said I seen the snake because he brought it to my house to take pics of it. I'm not sure where it was caught but I think it was in lower South Carolina. Not to sound like I'm back peddling but I think it belong to 2 people, ether way it was a albino copper head!

Old 01-24-2004, 01:46 AM   #182
gila7150
Quote:
The albino copper head did not belong to Bruce it belonged to a friend of his. I seen the snake and it was an albino! I have some pics of it somewhere. I'll try to find them and post them on here.
Ok, but the ads were placed by Harry Eisenmann and the emails I received (and still have) are from him. I'd love to see your photos...I hope they're better than the intentionally deceptive, low resolution images I received.
So if it was a albino, whatever happened to it?
Quote:
Based on further photos I got of the animal, it was a normal, not even as light colored or nearly as nice as some of the animals I have bred and given away to friends.
I can vouch for that This little guy is darker than usual (going into shed) but still damn cute. They're doing awesome by the way.

Old 01-24-2004, 01:56 AM   #183
snakegetters
Quote:
Originally posted by gila7150
Ok, but the ads were placed by Harry Eisenmann and the emails I received (and still have) are from him. I'd love to see your photos...I hope they're better than the intentionally deceptive, low resolution images I received.
I trashed the photos I got, as they were just not-very-pretty pics of a perfectly normal copperhead. Waste of disk space to store them.

Glad the little guys are doing well. Want more? I am putting some of my Southerns down for cooling this year, though not as many as I could because there are so few homes I trust to place them in.

Old 01-24-2004, 02:02 AM   #184
gila7150
Quote:
Glad the little guys are doing well. Want more?
I'll email ya.

Old 01-24-2004, 02:08 AM   #185
Venomousonly
That ad was placed by Bruce, I seen it on KS and called Bruce about the snake and he told me he placed the ad for a friend. The same friend I get my rodents from. Then I called the person that owned the snake. I do know he sold it, I don't know to whom he sold it though.

Old 01-24-2004, 02:14 AM   #186
simplysnakes
Yes indeed. It was not Bruce's Snake. And it has been sold. Beth I personally took digital pictures of it and will try and post them up here tomorrow. Beth

Old 01-24-2004, 02:19 AM   #187
odatria
You know, it is quite possible given the reputation of this con artist, that Bruce was trying to sell a lightly colored animal other than the albino that you have seen. I mean, would we really put it past him at this point?

Michael

Old 01-24-2004, 02:39 AM   #188
RAWDOG
Snows!!

I have written you several times about the Snows you advertised. I see that you are still posting messages. If you already sold them just shoot me an email and let me know.
Thanks,
Randy

Old 01-24-2004, 02:43 AM   #189
snakegetters
I repeat: if there really is an albino copperhead out there, I want to purchase it. Please send me high resolution digital photos - snakegetters a*t usa d*t net. I am a serious breeder and collector of aberrant Agkistrodon, and I have the cash.

Hint: albinos don't have black eyes.

Old 01-24-2004, 06:10 AM   #190
gila7150
Here's my email to Mr Eisenmann:
To: awsominsect@hotmail.com
Subject: Message about: WHAT IS IT?HYPO?T-POS?ALBINO? ITS A COPPERHEAD!
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 23:09:49 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
I'm interested in the copperhead you have for sale but in order for me to make a reasonable offer I'd have to know what it is. In one ad you're calling it amelanistic and in another ad you're saying "what is it? hypo, t-pos, albino". In the pictures, it just looks like a really nice, light colored pink southern. I would be willing to pay good money if it's truly amelanistic and I may even be interested if it's just hypo but I can't make an offer
until I have some sort of proof what it is. A close-up photo of the head showing the eyes would help.
I have three questions:
1. Are it's eyes red?
2. Do you know the locality where it was found?
3. Where are you located?

Thanks,
Chris Raden

His response:

it was removed from a research pit with 200 others
no pupil is dark. there are 2 snakes in the pic both are definatly NOTnormal, the pink one has no black anywhere on it exept the aformentioned pupils ,the other is completely black,with hints of pattern
I an on the nc/sc border ,just south of charlotte,1/2 mile off interstate 77

When I requested to have someone come take a look at the snake in person before I made an offer on it I never heard from the guy again even though he continued to post the ad on KS.
He describes the other snake as though it was melanistic. There has only been one completely black copperhead found that I'm aware of. (it's photographed in Snakes of the Agkistrodon Complex and it was found in Chatham County, NC). The animal in his photograph was just a dark brown, ugly copperhead that had plenty of pattern (and I don't think any copperheads are ugly but this one was).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann