Genetic Snow X SHTCTB - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 05:36 PM   #181
leaftail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
it is the clear and blatant disrespect and disregard for this special gecko morph and those that have worked so hard to develop it, and the shameful lack of honesty, ethics, and integrity that is mandatory in this reptile community. ...
... ditto.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:41 PM   #182
HERPCVT
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding..

This will be the last time I post. I didn’t give my name for the very simple fact that I do not want my name on the internet within these online wars. I am sorry about my grammatical errors; I am not an English scholar. I am only a fellow herp keeper and one within the veterinary field. I am not looking for credibility; I was just simply hoping to give a view to others on this topic. I read over and over again that “amoebas can wipe out an entire colony.” I thought this statement was broad and misconstruing, and this is why I responded on the topic.

You are right Hues1, prevention is best and parasites do not up and walk away. It takes time and care. It sounds like you take great care of your animals, and they are very lucky for that.

Anyhow, I will leave the topic now. I should have stayed out. It is hard to jump into a discussion and discuss topics calmly when everyone is already upset and aggressive towards the subject matter.

Take care.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:44 PM   #183
KelliH
Amoebas are curable, but when you have a large collection and you have amoebas it is going to be HELL ridding the collection of them. How do I know this? Well, I know of one of the most well known reptile collections in the country that has amoebas. It is so highly contagious that they have to dip their feet in bleach when leaving/entering the room. They battled the amoebas for over a year and they still do not know if they are completely gone yet because as has been already stated, false negative fecals are common with this parasite.

Yes, if you have a small collection of geckos (less than 10), it probably woudn't be that hard to treat. A larger collection of more than 10 animals? Hmm let me put it this way. If any of my geckos ever tested positive for ameobas, I would be devastated. It could, in fact ruin my business. I don't care what you say JANE DOE, ameobas are very serious.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:49 PM   #184
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Well, Im going to ASSume that Jane Doe is a TROLL, and nothing else. Someone with those credentials would not be unwilling to provide thier full name, not to mention all the spelling a grammatical errors in the posts. Anonymous posters have absolutely no credibility in my eyes. Anyone with a copy of "Understanding Reptile Parasites" by Roger Klingenberg, DVM can read and quote information on parasitic infections. (Except Dan Poe... right, Dan?)

The fact of the matter is not just anyone's knowledge of parasites... it is the clear and blatant disrespect and disregard for this special gecko morph and those that have worked so hard to develop it, and the shameful lack of honesty, ethics, and integrity that is mandatory in this reptile community. I have a very difficult time trying to conceive that someone is more concerned about producing potentially valuable offspring than the health and lives of the animals themselves... theirs or anyone elses.

Chris and Alex, you have my complete support. Thank you for digging below the surface to help enlighten the rest of us.
I agree marcia, like i said before, i might be wrong on that guess. I also agree with your second point you made too. As i said before out of the priveleged people that got a snow, there is now one out there that NOONE with a eithical mind, will want to have its young on their hands. I'm sure the buyers of Dan's snows will also face the same slap in the face wrath, of everyone else not wanting anything to so with those snows.

Old 03-20-2005, 06:03 PM   #185
groovygeckos
yes marcia i contacted you to get info on proper dosing . after i had fecals done .
the medications used are no different than any other meds a vet will provide you with they are only in different concentrations .

am i going to pay $40 +30 for a vet visit and fecal ? not unless the animal is showing any syptoms .

sure if i had 5 or 10 geckos or if i wasnt in the slow-season (work) , it wouldnt be much of a problem .

i have not lied about having the animals checked prior to breeding .

do you honestly think i would have just dosed my entire collection or something ?. i did not try to treat the animals myself not knowing what was goin on .

this is the ONLY gecko in my collection that magically was parasitized .i consider myself very lucky for that .

not following quaranteen ? you are way off , my animals are still in QT from buys 6 months ago .

like i told you in the e-mail and on some threads here , i rushed and bought quite a few animals ,( i can admit to that) and didnt get them checked immediately , and have been working on getting those animals vet checked , and had planned to never get that far behind again .

there is no chance of spreading this infection and it is being treated and we are due for follow-up fecal exams .

seems a few of you , want to make it hard for me and make this out to be awhole lot more than it is . go ahead , ruin the reputation i havent even made for myself yet . it really only reflects on your maturity level and greed .

i never expected to be a "large or well known breeder right off the bat " like some of you here seem to think . why would you say that ? just because i went after the biggest projects out there ?

i did it because i like them , not for money or to "beat anyone out"

this is nothing more than my hobby for that im glad . you all make this look like such an unattractive hobby . THANKS ALOT !

Old 03-20-2005, 06:11 PM   #186
Golden Gate Geckos
ok

Quote:
am i going to pay $40 +30 for a vet visit and fecal ? not unless the animal is showing any syptoms .
Of course you wouldn't, Dan... foolish of me to think you would.

Old 03-20-2005, 06:12 PM   #187
groovygeckos
hello ? 1 gecko had parasites . i dare you to check yours if you havent in the last six months or any that you have aquired from anyone besides Marcia . there is always something to find .

then there is my suspicion that my "vet" is lying !

the guy wants me to pay $80 for visit and fecal , then when he "found" something wants to charge the $40 dollar vet visit just to basically stress them even more , by taking them out (in the cold) to the vet so he can dose them .

???
i dont think so ! i medicate my own animals if its not an injection (something i do not have the heart to do to one of my geckos ) BUT with the help of a vet .

now i told him "i have the medication and can figure out the dose by weight " so he told me the dose to use . 100ml/mg of panacur , when Marcia says herself it should be at 50ml/mg .

something must be wrong .

Old 03-20-2005, 06:13 PM   #188
groovygeckos
marcia , and then what does it say right below that . basically only because im out of work in the winter .

Old 03-20-2005, 06:18 PM   #189
groovygeckos
shold i direct others toward the thread where you state your practices ? " dropping off fecals without exams , and treating every single animal if anything is found " its standard practice really .

nothing wrong with that .

also these are very healthy looking geckos that eat , grow , put on and keep weight .

if i have even one (like the snow ) act any differently they are tested .

i just simply cannot pay $40 + $30 X 50 plus animals at this time is all im saying .

i take a few samples as i get them . not often i get it fresh enough so it is taking awhile .

you just need to not worry about me . everything is under control .

Old 03-20-2005, 06:21 PM   #190
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
not following quaranteen ? you are way off , my animals are still in QT from buys 6 months ago .
Yet, you already have offspring? So they were artificially inseminated? Apparently, the main problem you are having is you don't know what the concept of quaranteen is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
seems a few of you , want to make it hard for me and make this out to be awhole lot more than it is . go ahead , ruin the reputation i havent even made for myself yet . it really only reflects on your maturity level and greed .

i never expected to be a "large or well known breeder right off the bat " like some of you here seem to think . why would you say that ? just because i went after the biggest projects out there ?

i did it because i like them , not for money or to "beat anyone out"

this is nothing more than my hobby for that im glad . you all make this look like such an unattractive hobby . THANKS ALOT !
Everyone is making it hard on YOU, "we" are ruining your reputation, everybody else is showing low immaturity and greed.
wow...........somebody help me out here, somehow I've warped over to the Pete Perez thread, where nothing was his fault, it was all the fault of everybody else.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread