Would it be possible to use Fauna as a “trust” for trades? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Would you use Fauna as a "trust" for trades?
I would certainly use it 25 86.21%
I prefer my trades to remain private 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2005, 01:00 PM   #11
The BoidSmith
Rich,

It would be nice if the "contract" would remain always in the header (like the polls) or first page of the thread so people don't have to go through the whole thread to find out what was finally spelled out in it.

Regards.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:08 PM   #12
WebSlave
Sounds easy enough. Are you willing to take the helm on this? I can set up a forum specifically for this with you as the designated moderator for that forum. You can create a "sticky" note concerning how you intend that forum to work with all relevant rules and guidelines. I think you will need to be pretty specific about what is expected from all parties involved, including exact details of what resolutions(s) would be expected to take place in an unsatisfactory transaction.

As for a fee to use this forum, I think simply restricting it to participation by paid members only would suffice to keep things running fairly smoothly. Probably most people would prefer to deal with somewhat verified members only anyway.

So the ball is in your court. I can set it up if you (or perhaps with another designee if it gets used a lot) are willing to carry the ball.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:42 PM   #13
Dennis Hultman
Dan that is a great idea. I would like to see a forum like that with all the communication just incase it ends up on the BOI and we can see exactly what the deal was for.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:49 PM   #14
The BoidSmith
I will be happy to moderate it. But the idea of a co-moderator is a good one, as I'm not always around and can also use help and ideas. Any volunteers?

Regards.

Old 08-28-2005, 02:40 PM   #15
Jim O
This is an excellent idea. The posts should be uneditable and the final "contract", once agreed to, locked until or unless an issue arises. Pictures of the animals involved should be required and a format perhaps suggested so as to include the requisite elements.

Old 08-28-2005, 02:45 PM   #16
The BoidSmith
Jim,

I agree the photos are a very good idea although not everyone has access to cameras. If both parties agree that they are willing to do it w/o one or both providing pictures and just with a description so be it. After all is their deal.

Regards.

Old 08-28-2005, 02:47 PM   #17
Jim O
I suppose, but my take would be no pics no deal. If it's of dollar value high enough to warrant use of such a service, get pics. Bait and switch is too common an a fraud technique.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:34 PM   #18
The BoidSmith
Jim,

That's exactly my position too. No picture no deal; no verifiable address and/or phone number, no deal. That's probably some things we would both suggest to do. Now, if after our suggestions they still want to proceed and something goes wrong guess what? We told you so...

Old 08-28-2005, 04:00 PM   #19
ms_terese
I think it's an outstanding idea. I believe it would have even more value when used for breeding loans, since the time frame between the commencement and completion of those agreements is so long, and memories can fade.

Old 08-28-2005, 04:14 PM   #20
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
I will be happy to moderate it. But the idea of a co-moderator is a good one, as I'm not always around and can also use help and ideas. Any volunteers?

Regards.
Great idea Dan. If no one esle wants to help you co-moderate I would be willing to help you out since I'm here quite a bit anyhow.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!