Alan Hall: Cheap Cages.com: GOOD GUY - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:24 PM   #11
Lucille
Additional info......

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ight=alan+hall

Old 02-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #12
JungleHabitats
Lucille You forgot to post this here also

This would be just a partial list of people whom have purchased from me over the course of the last three years. I think your post was uncalled for being the persons that had posted information to this post had done so AFTER having done business with me. Many have done Business with me from that threads you posted. And im sure many have researched and read and still purchased from me. My record is clean my customers are Happy, I make good one what I sell and deliver on what is paid. I go above and beyond the call of business for customers in getting them their products to them as fast as I can with a one-man shop. After having sold over 450 cages & racks last year I am happy to say I have Many Happy Customers to vouch for the person I am working with the Natural History Museum here in NC supplying them some cages as well So my record speaks for itself. The fact you posted in a thread in which you have had no dealings with that person speaks for itself. I am not posting here to Flame or start any kind of bad tensions I just merely wanted to let you Lucille know that there is more the one side to every story know it before you go off trying to save people from thereselves.

Name: Jeff Coates http://www.ImageEvent.com/jcsnakes Date: 2006-02-14
Email: jcsnakes@earthlink.net

Comments: I purchased a T4218 from Alan last year. It is black and has double doors. This is one of the nicest cages around and you will not beat the price. I kept a big male albino retic in it for a while and he pushed like crazy everywhere he could. The cage stood up nicely and I can't say enough good things about him and his cages. A+++ Thanks, Jeff @ JCSnakes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Tom Grundig Date: 2006-02-07
Email:

Comments: I currently own (2) T-421 cages, and just bought my third. I couldn't be happier. The cages are lightweight, sturdy, and secure. My setup looks better than ever, and my snakes are enjoying their new space.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Dave Niles http://www.freewebs.com/dnsreptiles Date: 2006-01-26
Email: dnsreptiles@yahoo.com

Comments: Alan has been excellent to work with. I was in a jam last fall and needed 4 cages really quickly when another well known plastic cage maker screwed me. Alan had my cages ready in a week from the order date since this was an emergency! I like his cages so much, I went back and bought a few more two months later. I trust all my cage needs to Alan and will not buy from anyone else. A class...(trimmed)

Name: Harald Moore http://kbiherp.com/ Date: 2006-01-07
Email:

Comments: Time to step in here with my endorsement...I have 22 cages from Alan in use, and am very happy with them. I'll admit to being a little worried at one point about the doors holding up (one of my adult female yellow anacondas went through a pushing phase, lol), but they're still there.

Name: Joseph Dunnigan Date: 2006-01-04
Email:

Comments: The package arrived to day in good order. Thank you. One question? what is the top shelf for? I am very happy and can't wait to use it. Joseph

Name: Nicole Russell Date: 2005-12-25
Email:

Comments: I got mine a few weeks ago----the dividable palate..they are AWESOME

Name: Blkcrochunter Date: 2005-12-25
Email:

Comments: just ordered one last week, I have met Alan a few times and he seems to be a great guy. I also bought my 03 hypo from Alan, he gave me a real good deal. At fisrt glance you would think his cages are boaphiles, but the doors are different and the hinges. Other than that they are basically the same, except Alan's cages are cheaper and it doesnt take 4 to 5 weeks to receive them.

Name: BW Smith Date: 2005-12-25
Email:

Comments: I have a pallet of his cages that are supposed to be coming in this week. I am anxious to get them set up.

Name: StormyVA http://www.stormyworld.net Date: 2005-12-25
Email:

Comments: My first cage from Jungle Habitats Cages arrived by way of Fed Ex yesterday. I ordered the model T-321 (36x24x12). The packaging was excellent and it was shipped very quickly! Once the packaging was opened I was very impressed, the build quality is outstanding and the cage was very light. All the parts are properly joined and all of the the corners and edges are all smooth. The front door is lined...(trimmed)

Name: Nicole Russell Date: 2005-12-25
Email:

Comments: I'm having Alan, the owner of Cheapcages.com build some units---a stack of 5-- with dividers...so I can make up to 10. The top will have 2 dome cut outs so I can use it for lizards if I want.....(the whole UVB thing) I will keep everyone up to date on the stack system...but I know they are going to be a great addition to my herproom. Thanks Alan! To check some products out see: www.cheap...(trimmed)

Name: Jungle Habitats Plastics Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Mario, Your divider was sent out and a new heat pad was shipped from the supplier today. please return the suspect heat pad to me for inspection . Thanks and glad you were happy with your order

Name: Mario Agopian Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Hi, I have recieved the cages, and I must say they are better looking then I could imagine. No broken componets, or major scratches on the cages. I do have a divider missing out of one of my 4 to 1 cages. My other 4 to 1 cage has the divider, could you please contact me regarding the missing divider. I also have one badly creased heat pad. Thanks Mario

Name: David Gomez Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Date: 3/16/05 David Gomez Type Purchase: Caging Satisfaction: 10 The cages(T-421) look great!!!Alan was very helpful and kept me informed with every last detail. He really makes a great product. Thanks Alan.

Name: Ian Van natter Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Date: 3/12/05 Ian van Natter Type Purchase:Caging Satisfaction:10 The cage is great! Much nicer than I thought and even holds heat and humidity exactly the way I want it! Alan was also great with all my questions, and is a stand up guy to work with!

Name: Allen Hubbard Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Date: 2/24/05 Allen Hubbard Type Purchase : HDPP Caging Satisfaction: 10 I ordered two HDPP cages from Allen. They arrived bent because shipping. Alan Hall was the most patient honest guy I could have ever dreamed of dealing with in this situation. Shipped them back, he fixed them and then back to me and I love them. He always makes sure the customer is #1 even if it means taking...(trimmed)

Name: Chris Canada Smith Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Date: 2/23/05 Chris Canada-Smith Type Purchase: Racks Satisfaction: 10 I have known Alan for a while now, but this is the first caging I have bought from him and I am thoroughly impressed. This rack is awesome and priced very reasonably. The customer service was the best I have received at any caging company and right up there with the best of any of my reptile transactions.

Name: Mike kumagi Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Date: 2/21/05 Mike Kumagai Type Purchase: Caging Satisfaction: 10 Alan was very helpful and ALWAYS followed up on any questions regarding cages and the delivery times. The consistant communication was so important for i would know when i can expect my product and plan around it. Also, my cage was damaged due to carrier neglegence, and Alan help me right away on correcting the probl...(trimmed)

Name: Ken Foster Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Date: 2/14/05 Ken Foster Type Purchase: Caging Satisfaction: 10 Alan, Received your cages, they look great. You do build a great product. It is my first non rack habitat. My intent is to use them as breeder cages. I equipped them with 24 inch florescent lights and 4 inch flex watt in the bottom rear. I think they will work nicely. Thanks again for getting them out for me. Best Regards...(trimmed)

Name: Jessica Mckneely Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Date: 2/11/05 Jessica McNeely Type Purchase: Caging Satisfaction: 10 It took a little longer than expected to recieve, but overall I am thoroughly impressed at how perfect it is for my Melanistic Ball Python, Xerick! The 20w Halogen lights keep the temperatures at absolutely perfect ideal temperatures (80F-cool, 86F-warm, 92F-basking), as well as the humidity for this species (77%)! The...(trimmed)

Name: Jenn Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: jenn jennifer dahl - 05-16-2004 I recently bought a cage from Alan. I can't say enough about it. It was 20 times better than what i thought! We did have a small problem though. The shipping company he USED TO USE thought that they needed to drag it or something and scratched the hell out of it. Now the scratches are not that bad at all. But i told Alan about them so he knows that the shippin...(trimmed)

Name: William long Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Attila William J Long - 05-16-2004 Yep, Allan is a stand up guy. Bought a cage from him and very pleased with it. Will buy from him again.

Name: Derronne Pressely Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Date: 2/12/05 Derrone Pressley Type Purchase: Caging Satisfaction: 10 Customer serv. is great Alan was more than helpful and stayed in contact when he could. I got my cage in about 4 days of course by now that cant happen with him getting so many orders, i really like this cage im now looking forward to possibly getting a rack

Name: Jenn Dahl Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: jenn jennifer dahl - 07-04-2004 another good cage I just recieved another awsome cage from Alan (Junglehabitats) on friday. Now normally i go with black but i went with gray this time. And wow did it turn out awsome!!!!!! Again his customer service was great. When i called him with a stupid question he answered it for me(after he stopped laughing). He even emailed me later that night to ma...(trimmed)

Name: Chris Moeller Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: cka Chris Moeller - 07-05-2004 I have a 10 shelf rack from him and it's great, does everything I need it to do, looks good, and the material he uses is top notch...I'll also be looking for caging for our boa's and the wife's carpet python and I'm sure I'll have Alan build them for us...Definately a "Good Guy" to deal with

Name: Meredith Sprinkle Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: meretoo meredith sprinkle - 01-08-2004 junglehabitats (awesome guy) Have purchased wooden cages in the past from Alan simply beautiful cages, and just recently purchased an abs pet line cage that is very nice. Lived up to all my expectations and then some. Very satisfied customer here!!!!!!

Name: Steve Beckerman Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: E2MacPets Steven Beckerman - 01-10-2004 Alan's a great guy with some very innovative ideas that should contribute to improving our hobby as a whole.Competition helps everyone, especially when the competition is led by such talented and creative forces as JungleHabitats

Name: Chris Moeller Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: cka Chris Moeller - 05-02-2004 Hehe...Had to dig to find an old thread to add this to...Well we just made the 720 mile round trip to attend the reptile expo in Raleigh and I picked up my ten tub rack from Alan...It was in all total honesty nicer than I imagined...It was extremely well put together and Alan is a cool, upfront guy who will definately be building my Boa cages come tax time nex...(trimmed)

Name: Thomas Jones Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Thomas Jones Thomas Dexter Jones - 05-02-2004 I met Alan at the show as well. He seems to be a great guy. Did not get to talk to him much because i was too busy running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I did get a close look at the cages and i was very impressed. I plan to buy some when i get a bigger building for my snakes.

Name: Chris Pearson Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Rainbowboaman Chris Pearson - 03-11-2004 Inquiry Jungle Habitats Plastic Cages Im looking for some 4 or 5 foot plastic cages & am seeing ads here & at differents sites with there cages for sale. I did a search & nothing came up about them.They look good in pics & seem like pretty good pricing. Has anyone used them or seen the quality of them in person? If you used them how well did they sta...(trimmed)

Name: Steve Jordanides Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: SPJ Steve Jordanides - 03-11-2004 Alan's wood cages are awesome. I have one. The plastic would no doubt be just as high quality. He is a good guy to deal with and you shouldn't have any problems

Name: BK Baker III Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: The Creature Co BK Baker III - 03-12-2004 Customer Service= A+++++ Alan is very helpful & knowlegable. Recently, we have been getting bids from some of the plastic caging vendors to redo our entire facility. Although we have not made a final decision yet, our experience with Alan was OUTSTANDING! His customer service is top notch, his knowlege about the structural aspects of herp caging (for ...(trimmed)

Name: Tori Hill Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: finsnthings Tori Hill - 03-16-2004 Jungle Habitats I am in the process of starting a Reptile/Tropical Fish Store in Memphis, Tn. Alan will be in charge of making all of our cages for the store, He has been a terrific person to work with, he helped us decide exactly what size cages and everything that would be best for what we want. I believe that he has a couple of pics posted on his foru...(trimmed)

Email:

Comments: Rainbowboaman Chris Pearson - 04-07-2004 Update, After talking to Alan on the phone for over an hour, I decided to order four 5 foot cages from him. I liked what he had to say & he doesn't cut any corners in cost. His cages include heat tape,vent, halogen light, lock & most importantly they come with sliding glass doors, yet he still uses a full front piece of plastic that is then cut out oth...(trimmed)

Name: Vincent Caruso Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: snakeman1313 vincent caruso - 04-07-2004 I just recieved four 4x2x1 cages from Alan on Friday and I must say they are very nice. I did alot of research before making the purchase and I have to say that you cannot get a better cage with more options for the price. They are sturdy and well constructed while being light enough for me to move around easily by myself. During the whole deal Alan ke...(trimmed)

Email:

Comments: Rainbowboaman Chris Pearson - 04-28-2004 I have to say I was rather reluctant to buy from Alan as I didn't get much feedback here because he was new to the plastic cage manufacturing. I went ahead & purchased four 5 foot cages from Alan it was a great experience from start to finish. He kept me updated on construction & sent pictures of finished cages before letting me know when they were g...(trimmed)

Name: Daniel Wedeking Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: dwedeking Daniel Wedeking - 04-28-2004 I just received mine today as well. Actually it was a replacement for one of those "thinner" models you mentioned in your post. While not as light weight, I feel more secure that my boas won't demolish Alan's cage with the ease they did the other one. Alan's switched over to a new lock system which I really like. Looks clean and is secure. Nice soli...(trimmed)

Name: Kim Felts Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: kim felts - 12-08-2002 alan hall "jungle habitats" i got my rack from alan hall old company name hallsherps now known as jungle habitats..amazing piece of work this rack is. i cant decide whether to put it in the living room or what to do.. its a furniture grade piece of artwork! and it functions as a rack system for my larger snakes as well. i was rather shocked when i undid the fancy...(trimmed)

Name: Lauren Rost Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Winter Lauren Rost - 09-21-2003 Great guy! I recently received a new Colombian BCI from Alan Hall @ Jungle Habitats and I am very, very happy with her. She was well represented, in great shape, and the pictures simply did not do her justice! Additionally, shipping was done in a professional manner and his responses to my questions were prompt and thorough. I would gladly do business with h...(trimmed)

Email:

Comments: SPJ Steve Jordanides - 09-21-2003 Alan is a great guy. I got one of his 4 x 2 x 2 oak cages with lighting, locking sliding glass doors, and a heated basking shelf ................FREE. He ran a contest here and the winner got the cage. The packing was incredible and once you uncrate it, the cage is awesome. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a well made furniture grade cage

Email:

Comments: SPJ Steve Jordanides - 03-28-2003 Alan Hall - Jungle Habitats - Awesome Cage I just got the oak cage I won from Alan at Jungle Habitats. All I can say is AWESOME. The cage is extremely well constructed and sealed to prevent water damage. It has built in lighting, locking sliding glass doors, a litter dam, and a heated basking shelf. The basking shelf has the flex-watt routered in and ha...(trimmed)

Name: Kim Felts Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: kim felts - 04-11-2002 WELL BRAVO TO MR ALAN HALL. ANOTHER GREAT DEAL GONE DOWN AND NOT WITHOUT LOTS OF MISHAPS OF LOST MONEY ORDERS AND AIRBORNE BEING AIRBORNE AND LOSING THE CHECK. BUT..MR HALL COMES THROUGH LIKE A CHAMP. CHECK DID FINALLY ARRIVE THANKS SO MUCH AIRBORNE. ALANS PACKING RIVALS MR BEN SIEGELS..SO METICULOUS THESE GUYS ARE AND THE SNAKE WELL..SHE IS SO DAMM CUTE..PINK AND AWE...(trimmed)

Name: Kevin Lewis Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: Kevin Lewis - 04-05-2002 Hi i am sorta new to snakes , i have just received a nice boa constrictor from Alan Hall of HallsHerps& custom cages.The snake _i received from him was a very nice looking _redtail and seems to be a really nice one so far.I had saw his flyer in a local petshop and they spoke highly of him and his cages so i figured i talk to him . he gave me a good deal on a snake and b...(trimmed)

Name: Johua Myers Date: 2005-12-21
Email:

Comments: philadelphia exotics - 04-06-2002 10 I have dealt with him a lot, he is a really good guy with a lot of experience in the business. Never had a problem with him, buying or selling. Joshua Myers Philadelphia exotic pets

Old 02-21-2006, 10:56 PM   #13
nicolai
Allan is a great guy and has amazing caging and stands by what he sells. You cant go wrong when buying anything from him!!!! His humid air incubator is my favorite!!!

Old 02-21-2006, 11:00 PM   #14
GotBoids18
I've done business with Alan in the past and haven't had a problem.. I don't understand how a private situation has anything to do with the way someone handles their customers.. I can be the meanest SOB on the planet but give excellent customer service and a great product at the same time.. I plan on ordering quite a few boa breeder racks from him in the future.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:39 PM   #15
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBoids18
I've done business with Alan in the past and haven't had a problem.. I don't understand how a private situation has anything to do with the way someone handles their customers.. I can be the meanest SOB on the planet but give excellent customer service and a great product at the same time.. I plan on ordering quite a few boa breeder racks from him in the future.
Someone who tried to close down the very site this very “Good Guy” post was made on, Is private?
Sorry, No! Character counts to!

Allan, a lot of the comments you posted predate that thread. For instance, you posted many posts just now from Steve Jordanides from 3/11/2004.

Post by Steve after you tried to shut down Fauna.

Quote:
I can't believe what I am reading!
Alan, I had thought you were a decent person but to do something like this.......You must know you are never going to get any money from Jeff and to try and destroy this site for a few bucks is terrible.
What were you thinking!?

Old 02-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #16
JungleHabitats
ask steve email him we speak ALOT he would psot here but doesnt want to pay the $10 to post here . Dennis ALL my claims of people on my testimonial page is verifiable just that HAPPY people . As matter a fact steve has said good words about me on more then just that post i made there check TRR he has posted in light of me since lucille's posting that link .thank you again

Old 02-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #17
WebSlave
I am sorry, but I had to delete that post made by Alan. He had sent me an email requesting access to this thread, but apparently did not wait for my response. As such, he created a new logon ID in order to bypass the fine and suspension, and I had no choice but to delete his post. If he does pay the fine to be reinstated, I only soft deleted that post and can restore it at that time.

I have no grudges at all with Alan, as that stuff that happened a while back is just ancient history as far as I am concerned. If Alan would like to mend the burned bridge between us, I am all for it, but I do have to enforce the rules here, and this was clearly a violation of protocol.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:46 PM   #18
bcfos
I really don't see where dredging up the past promotes anything very well. Things were said and done in the past which I don't believe have anything to do with the way Alan services his customers.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:37 AM   #19
nicolai
he did paypal you the 10.00 for the reinstatement rich.

Dear Jungle Habitats Plastics,

This email confirms that you have paid FaunaClassifieds L.L.C. (webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com) $10.00 USD using PayPal.

I too agree that thread is ancient history and has nothing to do with his business. Lets see if there is anyone with an actual complaint about his business or customer service...I bet not.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #20
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
he did paypal you the 10.00 for the reinstatement rich.

Dear Jungle Habitats Plastics,

This email confirms that you have paid FaunaClassifieds L.L.C. (webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com) $10.00 USD using PayPal.

I too agree that thread is ancient history and has nothing to do with his business. Lets see if there is anyone with an actual complaint about his business or customer service...I bet not.
No, he did not pay the fine. That payment was for the Participant level membership using that new logon that bypassed the fine. I have refunded that payment and requested that Alan actually log in with his original ID, pay the fine, then allow me to clean up this mess by merging the new logon into his old one. I can then restore those posts made within this thread. He will then get the 1 month access to post on the BOI that he has requested. He just jumped the gun waiting for a reply to his email. Unfortunately, I was busy working with my own animals and impatience got the better of him. Made a lot more work for me this way, but it will all work out in the end.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!