Shipping from PA to TX costing $87.50 using USPS?? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #11
Focal
I know it won't count for the entire extra funds, but don't forget "shipping supplies" is often wrapped up into the shipping fee. Some people will actually tax you for the trouble of shipping

Old 10-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
radera5
Did you agree to any certain carrier? Were you assuming it was going to be FedEx or Ups?

Old 10-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
Brandon Roesler
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Unless they have one heck of a discount, or didn't ship Next Day, UPS isn't going to be that cheap from PA to TX.
It's simple enough to run the quote on UPS.com - did you bother to do that first?
Totally understandable Harold BUT he didn't ship UPS, he shipped USPS Nextday and it shows the price right on top... $30.55. Now, I've opened her up and there was Styrofoam insulation, shredded newspaper and a snakebag with a beardie. So there was no reason it should've been that expensive in my eyes. In one of my last communications with him, I stated, "i just now realized that you sent USPS and I thought it read UPS..." I did ask him why the shipping was so much and never received a response...BTW...UPS Nextday air by 3pm for a box weighing 1 LB (this box weighs 8.7oz so I am overshooting) is $49.42 that is still a difference of $38.08.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #14
Brandon Roesler
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Oh - that makes a HUGE difference - sorry
(but it is still easy to get a price quote on USPS.com - so, while the price range will be different, it's still a 2 minute job to find out the price)
Exactly! Harold did exactly what I did, thought it said UPS so no red flag came up until today when I went back over our e-mails and saw he said USPS.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
Brandon Roesler
I think at this point ya'll pretty much agree with my concern, so what I'm going to do now is sit and wait for a response from them and see how that goes. Hopefully all will be well. Hopefully...

Old 10-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #16
Brandon Roesler
He changed his add!! Edited his add to now read "was 250 now 200" it read when I purchased "WAS 200 NOW 150" can a moderator check that??? Can you see if someone changes an add what they changed???

Old 10-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #17
Brandon Roesler
It says, last edited by "so and so" 10.21.11. I contacted him on 10.17.11.. can anyone check to see WHAT was edited??

Old 10-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #18
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Roesler View Post
He changed his add!! Edited his add to now read "was 250 now 200" it read when I purchased "WAS 200 NOW 150" can a moderator check that??? Can you see if someone changes an add what they changed???
Yes we can check change history, but not without knowing what ad you're talking about. Neither that nor the changes made should be posted here though. That would personalize the thread and make it a subject for the BOI and not the shipping forum.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #19
Focal
Just to help you out, it may have been edited to put this in "AS OF NOW SHE IS SOLD TO Brandon Roesler"

He also has other sales still pending in that ad.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #20
Brandon Roesler
Correct, but it said was 200... Now 150 when i saw it on the 17th... And good job finding that LOL. Clay says take it to BOI, I want to know if they can see EXACTLY WHAT someone changes when they edit an add before i do... I know what it said without a doubt but can anyone else remember a time when they said the exact same thing and were wrong. I will not start a bad-guy thread unless Clay or Harold or April or I don't care who can do that... Should've taken a screenshot... Will next time for sure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!