im stumped!! partial digested food!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
urksHERPS
tnx crotalusadamanteus!!!
and thanks for clearifing my answers cause i knew they might have needed.. no offence i hope! i just know how people love to jump in just to be heard.... and this is one of those times that NO nonsence can be tollerated! i mean she may possibly be gravid and now w digestive prob. i dont wanna prolong it and cause deathto her or possibly the young..
i luckly havent had to use the probiotics but now will contact them w my concerns and hopefully i can get a quick resolve for her...

Old 04-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #12
Garret
In my experience, digestive issues are a common symptom of parasites. Get a fecal exam done if you can rule out environmental concerns.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #13
sheKRACKaKILLya
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post

Word of warning though. I just recommended this to another member, and I guess these people are pretty busy right now, so don't expect a rush delivery. Took her over a week to get hers. Just so you know. I order it every year though and use it a few times a year as maintenance. It's helped me with many intestinal issues like runny stools and regurges when I was rescuing still.

Well, there's my nonsense comment.

AHEM! I finally got it after a month!

Old 04-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #14
urksHERPS
wow did u get i thru been farm?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #15
mxracer4life
I am still waiting on my order of Pro-biotics.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #16
mxracer4life
Has anyone heard of using Tetracycline for internal problems with boas? It is supposed to help after a regurgitation etc. Supposedly it can be purchased at a feed store (not rural king) and is made for cattle.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #17
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheKRACKaKILLya View Post
Ooops! Sorry about that.

She went through the same link I gave in this thread. Although I've never had it take that long for me.

Not sure about the Tetracycline. It's an anti-biotic that works for mammals, and it kills fin rot and ick in fish. Never heard of it being used on a reptile though. Dr. Mader's book in the formulary section, mentions it's unspecific use, but also said "seldom used".

Old 04-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #18
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheKRACKaKILLya View Post
HA! At least you GOT yours!! I contacted them about my delay, LAST SUMMER, and was told they were "running behind"...and never received mine. Actually forgot about 'til now, as it was a very small purchase. Oh well...memories, and stuff!

But not to get off track, I agree that giving her that (or a similar product) would not be a bad idea, at all.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #19
crotalusadamanteus
Damn. Guess I ought to quit recommending them if they're that backed up. I feel bad now.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #20
Matt2979
I don't want you to feel bad on my account. I just allowed it to slide too long to have a strong leg to stand on. Haven't sent any referrals their way, but I'm not upset, either.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
feeding help