The Humane Society soled me out! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:53 AM   #11
Great Lakes Reptiles
You can shoot someone fore trespassing in the US?...really?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #12
dsirkle
Certainly not in my State. I would be extremely surprised if you could legally shoot someone for simple trespassing in any State.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #13
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Dennis, I don't know what the laws are where you are or in Canada but in Michigan you would only be trespassing if the land is clearly posted "No Trespassing". You are allowed access to unposted land and then would be trespassing only if you were told to leave by the owner and refused to leave. It may well be the same in Canada.
It definitely should have been written "should". So what your stating is if he hopped my fence and went into my backyard it wouldn't be considered trespassing? He stated it was someones home.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #14
Great Lakes Reptiles
what fence? the horse is locked up because they have no money for a fence... by the way most of the pics were taken from the neighbour's yard, where at the time i was more then welcome.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #15
kmurphy
Maine is like Michigan. If there's no sign you can go on their property. It is more of a rural thing. In the suburban areas noone would walk into someone else's yard. But even in Maine walking around someone's barn would be considered trespassing. Not necessarily in the legal sense but it would be considered an invasion of the person's privacy and you would get a good talking to if caught. Taking pictures is carrying it a bit further even.
If Ontario is like Maine then Bill probably isn't the most popular guy in town right now.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #16
Great Lakes Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
Maine is like Michigan. If there's no sign you can go on their property. It is more of a rural thing. In the suburban areas noone would walk into someone else's yard. But even in Maine walking around someone's barn would be considered trespassing. Not necessarily in the legal sense but it would be considered an invasion of the person's privacy and you would get a good talking to if caught. Taking pictures is carrying it a bit further even.
If Ontario is like Maine then Bill probably isn't the most popular guy in town right now.
The only people that im not popular with are the ones that let the horse stave and live in its own shit! everyone else seems to be OK.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #17
Great Lakes Reptiles
Oops sorry spelling ...starve

Old 04-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #18
Great Lakes Reptiles
Theres two threads

http://forum.kijiji.ca/about6765741.html

there are few that support these people but one did make and interesting comment to me the other day he said "I dont see what the big deal is its not like hes been out there beating the horse for the last 6 month"!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #19
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lakes Reptiles
what fence? the horse is locked up because they have no money for a fence...
The question was speculative to Dale based on what is considered trespass and what is not.

I understand you proceeded in the course of action you thought correct. I really understand your position. But at what point do you draw the line.

My position is a property such as this and its owners has the same rights as someone living on prime real estate.
Quote:
"That was no farm! its just house on about an acre of land. it was more junkyard then anything else."
It's the person(s) home. My point to this thread was to take issue with the fact on the other thread and this one that you were encouraged to do what is necessary to get the pictures.
That a persons rights should be damned based on feelings on a specific issue. You are the one that stated you were on private property. You are the one that stated it was someones home. You are the one who decided that their rights and their property had little value and you had an obligation to enter that property again to gather evidence. I'm truly troubled about where that line should be drawn. I think everyone should.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #20
Great Lakes Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
The question was speculative to Dale based on what is considered trespass and what is not.

I understand you proceeded in the course of action you thought correct. I really understand your position. But at what point do you draw the line.

My position is a property such as this and its owners has the same rights as someone living on prime real estate.

It's the person(s) home. My point to this thread was to take issue with the fact on the other thread and this one that you were encouraged to do what is necessary to get the pictures.
That a persons rights should be damned based on feelings on a specific issue. You are the one that stated you were on private property. You are the one that stated it was someones home. You are the one who decided that their rights and their property had little value and you had an obligation to enter that property again to gather evidence. I'm truly troubled about where that line should be drawn. I think everyone should.
understood.... at the time my only concern was for the horse.

I talked to the HS today they said its going to be a long road to recovery for this horse. they couldn't go to into detail with me, I was told its getting the vet care it needs. but its going to take some time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!