Bob Kite & Odyssey Reptiles (BAD GUYS) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-03-2003, 05:41 PM   #11
Winter
Quote:
I got the same uneasy feeling about your scenario when I first read it. Maybe it's just the cynic coming out in me, though.
I understand where you are coming from. The one thing that I do get out of having to deal with a situation like this is that I will surely be quite a bit more cautious about who I do business with in the future.

Quote:
So, I would think that there are SOME benefits for a scammer to send dead snakes as opposed to not shipping at all.
What a horrible thought! At least, while my situation may never be resolved, others will be more careful about the possibility of receiving dead snakes as a scam, instead of an accident, as it is normally thought of.

As far as their website, I wish I had known of it's existence before I purchased the snakes. Unfortunately, I did not even know the HTML until it I received the business card that it was listed on with the box of dead boas.

Thanks for all of the imput, folks. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Lauren Rost

Old 03-03-2003, 05:54 PM   #12
XzSaGezX
I wonder

I wonder if he is going to now take fauna out of the links section on there site. I hope they come here and post about how they are going to handle this or atleast email you back.

Old 03-03-2003, 05:57 PM   #13
ms_terese
Lauren,

Have you attempted to notify them of this thread?

Old 03-03-2003, 06:28 PM   #14
W.Wedeking
Lightbulb

First I would like to say Lauren, I am truly sorry for what you have been through. How awful!

Now, maybe it is just the evil woman in me, but maybe you should go "sign" their Guest Book You could add the link to this thread as well.

Just a thought.

Old 03-03-2003, 06:29 PM   #15
Havock_Junction
Wow!! Unbelivable! I may be a newbie, but it really pisses me off to high heaven to see this type of crap. It's becoming harder and harder to actually trust anyone anymore. ARGH! BTW, could someone tell them they need to go back to their site and spell cheaper properly(not cheeper).

Eric Brokaw

Old 03-03-2003, 09:05 PM   #16
HerpVenue
Hi,
Just a little story.

My wife sent out some thank you cards on February 17... I think it is a monday. Her parents just got it last friday. the 28th.

Maybe it just got delayed in all the bad storms we are having?
Try contacting him again. I have done business with both of these gentlemen. Actually they bought from me and everything went smooth. Yes I know that someone buying and someone selling are two different things. I just do not think they would stiff you.

Bob if you are out there....I know you will do the right thing.

Old 03-03-2003, 09:07 PM   #17
HerpVenue
p.s.

they also gave you new contact info on how to reach them.
If they are trying to go into hiding......I do not think they would give you the new contact info.

My gut feeling. They will do the right thing.

Old 03-03-2003, 10:08 PM   #18
Winter
Quote:
Have you attempted to notify them of this thread?
Yes, I have. Here is the e-mail I sent them today after I posted the initial thread on the BOI:
--------------------------------
Subj: Re: Boa constrictors
Date: 3/3/2003 5:23:22 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: bs_bk_snakes@yahoo.com

Bob,

I posted on the Board of Inquiry about our transaction and your business.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...?s=&forumid=13

Regards,

Lauren
--------------------------------
I truly hope they will come here, too, and explain their situation. At least maybe then I can understand why, after so long, this still has yet to be resolved in a professional manner. I hold no malice for them, and I have tried to be calm and reasonable in each and every phone call and e-mail.

Quote:
My wife sent out some thank you cards on February 17... I think it is a monday. Her parents just got it last friday. the 28th.
That would be understandable, except they told me that they sent me paperwork when I bought the boas back early February, and nothing arrived. They told me they were sending a refund, certified mail, and nothing arrived. They told me they were sending a receipt, and still nothing has arrived. You think in the time period, from February 12th until March 3rd, that something would have arrived, especially when they promised me that the receipt was to be overnighted.

Even when I expressed my fears over this transaction, they did not offer a tracking number, try to find out what happened to their certified mail or other documents, etc., assuming they were really sent. And that is completely ignoring the contradicting statements I have heard from both Bob and Jeff on separate occasions regarding their whereabouts, shipping information, refund information, and even the origin of these two snakes! For example, I was told by Bob Kite that he bred the two boas himself. I was told by Jeff Terry, a few weeks later, that the boas were picked up at a reptile show in Des Moines.

As far as tbe new contact info, I have been told that I have the wrong phone number already. And the previous number is disconnected. Not to mention that Bob Kite stopped responding to my e-mails back on the 19th, despite repeated attempts to get in touch with him.

I hope I am wrong, but it still seems to me that if they had any plans to give me a refund, that something (anything!) would have been done by this point. They have my phone numbers and e-mail address, and not once have they tried to contact me. Everything that has happened has been a result of my attempts to follow through with them.

I hope your gut feeling is right, Ritchie.

Regards,

Lauren Rost

Old 03-04-2003, 11:41 AM   #19
Darin Chappell
I don't know either of these two individuals, but I hope Ritchie is right, because that would mean a) They're not bad guys after all, and b) Lauren will be getting her money back. However, I have one small problem with the idea that the mail has perhaps been lost/misplaced/or reshffled due to weather conditions: Why aren't these two guys upset about their money order floating around out there????

Surely, a tracking number could be produced for Lauren to be able to track this down herself, right? Why haven't they kept in better contact with her? If I owed someone some money like these two do, you better believe I would want them satisfied ASAP, and I would not rest until they were!

Honestly, I truly hope Ritchie is right and I am wrong. However, I am getting that sinking feeling that this may be a case of good guys gone bad (or at the very least, gone careless). Ritchie, if you know these guys, maybe you could light a fire under them to do the right thing here?

I'll say this, though, if Jesse James Underhill had done this, we all would have seen it as nothing less than "more of the same." Reputation will cover a multitude of errors, but if the errors are not fixed, they will define the reputation, eventually.

Old 03-04-2003, 11:59 AM   #20
Stardust
IMHO, It doesn't matter whether Ritchie knows them or not. They have been remiss in their duties as a seller. They have not contacted Lauren, she has had to do all the contacting. They have been promising but promises thus far has not come through. I hope this is resolved also. Perhaps since Ritchie knows them they will come through. It still do NOT make what they have already done right. I would have to think twice before buying from them now.
Is this a case where you have to beg and bully for them to do the right thing when they are in the wrong?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!