Bad Guy Chameleon Keeper - Nonna and Marty - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #11
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Did they send you photos of the cham prior to the sale? Could you post a photo of him now?

I think I would try to communicate with Pam R. about the validity of their claim that it was CB from them 5 months ago, especially in light of the WC Faly at their site.

I also noticed they spelled "Veiled" incorrectly at their site and twice referred to CB as "captive bread". As petty as it may sound, that sends up a red flag to me.

I've been keeping chams for years; never heard of these people. And no, IMO, a 45-second visual of another male shouldn't stress him enough to cause a serious decline in health. As for water, I always use distilled for my misting systems.

Funny you mentioned the inconsistencies on their site. I was reviewing them as well and their husbandry information is not accurate. I noticed the misspellings. This to me is a red flag as well.

I am going to send them an email with a link to this thread. I would like to hear an explanation.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #12
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamersONLY View Post
i am thinking he wasnt getting enough of something... wish i knew! im going to do my best to get this guy healthy. maybe he'll start to show more blues and whites! wish me luck

You wont need much luck. You are very knowledgeable and good to your chameleons , I am sure he will turn around and be fine. From the sound of it he is lucky to be in your care.

I sent an email via the ChameleonKeeper.com website and informed them of this thread. They do need to come on here any explain the situation. I guess we wait and see.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #13
ScreamersONLY
Thanks Ryan, good people right here folks!

Old 01-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
jlexotics
Sorry about the problems your having. Just wanted to throw my dealings with Marty in there. I have had no problems with him. He happens to be local and has extremely clean cages, healthy animals, and has been very helpful. Much of my stock has come from Marty, some of the nicest animals I've ever seen! I will continue to purchase from Chameleon Keeper and plan to later this week. I see alot of web sites, ads, ect... that have incorrect spelling, wrong wording, the list goes on. Spell check doesn't do it all but it doesn't always reflect on the owners. Infact many times I'll e-mail the owners when I come across this kind of stuff and they are very happy to learn about their mistakes and promptly change them.

Marty and Nonna in my experience are very nice, honest people who really care about their animals. There is always two sides of every story and I don't know the facts nor care to get involved. With all the knocking on these two I felt I needed to let people know my dealings with them.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #15
ScreamersONLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlexotics View Post
Sorry about the problems your having. Just wanted to throw my dealings with Marty in there. I have had no problems with him. He happens to be local and has extremely clean cages, healthy animals, and has been very helpful. Much of my stock has come from Marty, some of the nicest animals I've ever seen! I will continue to purchase from Chameleon Keeper and plan to later this week. I see alot of web sites, ads, ect... that have incorrect spelling, wrong wording, the list goes on. Spell check doesn't do it all but it doesn't always reflect on the owners. Infact many times I'll e-mail the owners when I come across this kind of stuff and they are very happy to learn about their mistakes and promptly change them.

Marty and Nonna in my experience are very nice, honest people who really care about their animals. There is always two sides of every story and I don't know the facts nor care to get involved. With all the knocking on these two I felt I needed to let people know my dealings with them.
Will you be so kind to ask them to call me?

I tried calling them twice today and once a couple days ago.

I sent a friendly email stating why I am still upset.

My 5 day guarantee was shortended due to them. The day I wanted to ship the Faly back was a day they couldn't accept him.

I stated them "if you're a business, you should have all 5 business days available to recieve him" and if not "add an extra day due to being it's your fault"

and UPS'd handler made a horrible mistake sending it back! leaving a note on the box stating "no live reptiles" or whatever... really sucks that, that happened, but they still don't give me the benefit of the doubt when they took a day off the guarantee and still have not added an extra day. and then the weekend came so what is there to do now?

i am going to try to her again. I honestly liked Nonna at first. I would bet my life that I would end up respecting her if she could just give me the respect of responding. I wasn't rude to her in any way...

Old 01-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #16
Omnomnami
Wow that's horrible that they're not contacting you...for goodness sake, pick up the phone and make your customer happy! People read this and it will give them a bad reputation. You would think they want to clear this matter up for that purpose.

Again, I'm really sorry this happened to you. I would press phone calls on them like no other. An unhealthy animal in not to be taken lightly!

Good luck

-Nichole

Old 01-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #17
rjarosek
Marty has contacted me via my email address. He is having problems logging onto the site. (Password issue) I directed him to the password reset page.

He is trying to come here to tell their side , hopefully he will be able to get into the site soon.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #18
ScreamersONLY
if i continued calling them it wouldnt be mature.

i'd really love to resolve this problem, they have lovely animals and from what i remember, i really liked them until this problem with Nonna hanging up on me for being honest to her. It's how I feel about the situation and in the end, i am the person who has to pay for vet bills plus taking extra time and effort to help an unhealthy animal.

if you pay good money for an animal, it should arrive in perfect condition. great start to make it easier for your customer. besides, an unhealthy animal is in no state to be shipped.

also, i wanted to hold onto the animal for longer, just because of the problem with UPS. this animal was shipped once, then "almost again". i did not want to ship him again soon, so i was planning on waiting a little longer... but then, the refund is out fo the question....... this just is not fair for me (the buyer)

Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #19
ScreamersONLY
i got a Long term captive WC from screameleons sunday (jan 24th) in the NY whtie plains reptile expo. this Nosy Faly is sooo strong, and it's grip literally pinches me. It's colors are nice and light.

the animal i recieved doesnt show resting colors. it shows colors as if it is stressed. this tells me it was stressed to begin with prior to arriving at my door.

screameleon's animal spent a good amount of time going from VA to NY, and then from NY to NJ. not to mention, it had a few hour wait at the expo because i couldnt make it early.

this animal is still very colorful, doesnt show any dark colors and is extremely strong. this is what i expect, when i pay good money for an animal. just my two cents. i can post pictures if you guys are interested...

Old 01-27-2010, 11:54 AM   #20
ScreamersONLY
I am still looking foward to hearing from either Nonna or Marty. I'd rather hear it from Nonna since I was the one she hung up on...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!