Never sell a beardie on craigs list - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #11
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_ny217 View Post
Yeah craigslist says NO SELLING, but 99% of the ads in there are people selling their animals. Just because the ad is labeled as "REHOMING" does not mean that they are not selling it. I do agree that you really shouldnt put a trans leather or something on there and expect to get what its worth, because most of that community is not going to even know what that means. But like Tom said, selling (or "rehoming" lol) some nice red crosses or something like that has no real harm.

Just seems like everyone on craigslist expects you to sell what your listing (whether it is a reptile, electronics, or even a damn car) for basically nothing. I stay away from craigslist all together.

but I see no problem in selling or "rehoming" a bearded dragon on craigslist.
I did it a few years ago. Its was okay. most people seem happy because usually the price is cheaper than the pet store and some/most of the time its a better looking dragon, or properly cared for dragon. I think most people were amazed when they came for pick up and the few i invited here walked around and wanted to pet everything.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaangela View Post
I know I most likely will get hated for this but I have a beef with people selling on craigslist. You are SELLING, not adopting out. There is a difference. If you want to sell your animals don't put them on a place that specifically says it is just for adoptions.
I am not saying your animals are not worth it. Most likely they are. They are most likely far better than what you would find at a pet store. Stick to adds in the paper, fauna, and other places where people are looking to BUY.
People get trashed for selling dogs, cats and stuff in the pet section why should people selling reptiles be any different? It is NOT a place to SELL!!!!
I agree. Here is what CL has to say on the subject in its own words:

no pet sales or breeding please -- rehoming with small adoption fee OK

While I agree that your $150 is VERY reasonable for what you had, many people will not consider it a 'small adoption fee'.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #13
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I agree. Here is what CL has to say on the subject in its own words:

no pet sales or breeding please -- rehoming with small adoption fee OK

While I agree that your $150 is VERY reasonable for what you had, many people will not consider it a 'small adoption fee'.
C.L. also doesnt allow exploitation of sex or sexual favors. But in the "adult section" they advertise for "massages", why is there a pic of a girls butt in a bikini in there pic?

Sunshine told me about it.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #14
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
C.L. also doesnt allow exploitation of sex or sexual favors. But in the "adult section" they advertise for "massages", why is there a pic of a girls butt in a bikini in there pic?

Sunshine told me about it.
If you are saying two wrongs make a right, I don't think that is a good case.
And the two forums are not similar in the problems you are mentioning.

In one forum, people are looking to adopt animals for a token fee and yes, there are lots of problems and abuses with the system, but that is why your ads are drawing ire.

In the other forum, people are looking for sex. And apparently getting it. It is against the rules and with a few exceptions against the law. I think if people have to pay for it when there is so much free sex, then that's their punishment right there, paying out money when they could have got it gratis. Plus sometimes when they show up expecting delectable sex they get a vice officer. lol.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #15
dragonluver83
Quote:
If you are saying two wrongs make a right, I don't think that is a good case.
Of course not. I think what i was trying to get across was, there are ppl out there using "re-homing" fees to sell legal animals to others. Just like if someone had a jet ski and wanted to sell it. Does he have to call it a re-homing fee? While some may be bending or breaking the rules of c.l. there not breaking the law like some of the others on there. So whats the true harm?
Yea i think that's was it.

Quote:
In the other forum, people are looking for sex. And apparently getting it. It is against the rules and with a few exceptions against the law. I think if people have to pay for it when there is so much free sex, then that's their punishment right there, paying out money when they could have got it gratis. Plus sometimes when they show up expecting delectable sex they get a vice officer. lol.
HeHe, imagine if your married and you have to call your wife because you got locked up for trying to pick up a "call girl" (being polite on what i am calling them.)

Old 05-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #16
Lucille
Quote:
HeHe, imagine if your married and you have to call your wife because you got locked up for trying to pick up a "call girl" (being polite on what i am calling them.)
Raise your hand if you would go find a lawyer or make bail for a no good low down cheating hound dawg that got caught and thrown in the slammer. I'm not raising my hand, I'd leave him in jail, where he probably would get plenty of sex, just not what he was anticipating...

Old 05-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #17
dragonluver83
Quote:
Raise your hand if you would go find a lawyer or make bail for a no good low down cheating hound dawg that got caught and thrown in the slammer. I'm not raising my hand, I'd leave him in jail, where he probably would get plenty of sex, just not what he was anticipating...

Old 05-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #18
tinmantribe5
Quote:
I did it a few years ago. Its was okay. most people seem happy because usually the price is cheaper than the pet store and some/most of the time its a better looking dragon, or properly cared for dragon. I think most people were amazed when they came for pick up and the few i invited here walked around and wanted to pet everything.
Hey I am one of those AW let me see what you got, and I cant Afford it so Dammit let me pet it! (The Reptiles that is)

Old 05-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #19
tinmantribe5
I will also rehome a snake or two from time to time and yes I did say Rehome! Never say Sell On Craigslist(within 5 min you will be flagged if not sooner!)

Old 05-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #20
tinmantribe5
High end Reptiles should always be sold on Fauna where everyone can enjoy the
Beautiful creatures that are sold here and Dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!