Gargoyle Gecko Diet - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-30-2004, 08:16 PM   #11
vermithrax
Well It will be a week till i can order ir. None of the stores have it here. They are at least eatting their nectar and we put a cricket in the tank...the male stalked it, then got close, and licked it, so of course the cricket jumped away. This went on for 45 minutes lol.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:04 PM   #12
Eric Klees
That sounds like....

what a couple of mine have done. I tried a couple times to offer them something different then the GGD as a snack and most did the same thing, but that was months ago so I dont even bother anymore... sounds like they havent seen crix in a long time. Thats all I can think of.

As long as hes interested in eating something I wouldnt worry to much, its when they wont eat a thing is when trouble is coming.

Eric

Old 10-01-2004, 10:59 AM   #13
vermithrax
The breeder said they did feed them crickets but im starting to wonder about that. he also said they didnt like climbing. I know thats not true either. I knew what i was getting into getting the geckos. I think he thought I was getting them without knowing what I was doing. I think they are finaly taking the hint about the food dish so i can stop hand feeding them now.

Old 10-01-2004, 11:05 AM   #14
Monte
My gargoyles aren't much . . .

. . . for climbing. They like to perch on a nice, level and fat limb and just hang out.

The babies, on the other hand - they go way up in the leaves. Must be instinctive to get out of the way of predators.

Just hang tough with the diet - and they will come around. It really is good stuff.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:33 PM   #15
mnoce
I've had no problems getting my animals to (eventually) start eating The T-Rex Gargoyle Diet, some are more hesitant that others so I add some fruit baby food. I still feed pure fruit baby food and crickets as well, and use the diet as a supplemental food.

Thanks,
MIKE
Rhacos.com

Old 10-08-2004, 01:07 PM   #16
vermithrax
I got it along with a bowl that attaches higher up to the side of the tank. Showed them both where it was and the female is finaly plumping up and becoming more active. I see little baby food foot prints around the bowl in the morning so I know they are at least getting into it lol.
Thanks for all the help.

Old 10-15-2004, 08:02 AM   #17
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
I wonder why... . . . people supplement the T-Rex diet, when it has everything they need?
As I mentioned previously, the Gargoyles will be much more eager to gobble up their muck diet if you use baby food instead of water. It makes it more appealing to them, which in turn makes them eat more of it. They grow faster, maintain weight better, and get larger overall.

My question - does the T-Rex diet REALLY have everything they need? How are we to know?

Old 10-15-2004, 08:07 AM   #18
Monte
You might want to ask Allen Repashy . . .

. . . or look at the side of the T-Rex container - looks to me that it has everything.

Mixing it with babyfood dilutes the healthy ingredients and lessens the value of the food. That comes right from the researchers own mouth.

Cold turkey change over to GGD is best, in my opinon.

Good topic!!

Old 10-15-2004, 08:09 AM   #19
vermithrax
I dont know if it does have everything they need, but since they have started eatting it the female has gained weight and looks very healthy and so has the male. They both are very active now and I can hear them jumping and climbing all over the place at night. I think part of the problem is that the breeder had them in a small 10 gallon tank. And I dont think he really had anything for them to club on since he tried telling me they did like climbing lol. Im glad I got them though and I cant wait to see if they breed.

Old 10-15-2004, 08:14 AM   #20
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
. . . or look at the side of the T-Rex container - looks to me that it has everything.
That's just my point. What IS everything? I'm not sure we really know all there is to know about these geckos.

Quote:
Mixing it with babyfood dilutes the healthy ingredients and lessens the value of the food. That comes right from the researchers own mouth.
Interesting. So, does mixing it with baby food dilute the healthy ingredients moreso than mixing it with, say, water? Just doesn't make sense to me how fruit could dilute it more, or worse, than water.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!