some newbie price questions - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-25-2005, 07:30 PM   #11
Xelda
Morgan, I go to the same show and know who you're talking about. Are you sure they weren't patternless albinos though? There are a couple of local breeders I've met at the same show who sell patternless juveniles for $20-$25 apiece. Normal babies are usually $10-$15 and you can even haggle to get it lower.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:40 PM   #12
No1snotsucker
No i'm talking about Jason Cruz. He's the black guy who runs the show. I'm sure they were just patternless because I inquired about them. Then he told me how much he wanted and I snickered a little and went on my way. Bye the way they were just plain jane patterneless no carrot tail at all and they were pretty dark looking also. Even though he said they were "proven" from hearing about peoples run ins with him i wouldn't trust his word about them.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:49 PM   #13
Iggy189
- Vince

I live in Miami, Florida and I just got the Petco ad today and they have baby leopard geckos for 20 dollars. It doesn't state any specific morph it just says "leopard geckos."

Old 02-26-2005, 12:17 AM   #14
bazookah00
I just bought a hypo tangerine baldy with some carrottail at a local petco for the sale price of $20. I dont usually buy them, but this one was a little older, not the new hatchlings they normally get in, and it caught my eye, especially with the bald head.
~Annie

Old 02-26-2005, 12:30 AM   #15
surfrkidts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazookah00
I just bought a hypo tangerine baldy with some carrottail at a local petco for the sale price of $20. I dont usually buy them, but this one was a little older, not the new hatchlings they normally get in, and it caught my eye, especially with the bald head.
~Annie
thats a great deal. I hope he is a healthy pet and works out well for you

Old 02-26-2005, 04:11 AM   #16
RogerProws
with special orders I will sell leos, including patternless, bliz, vegas, and tremps for 25-30.00.

Old 02-26-2005, 09:29 AM   #17
montezuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1snotsucker
Any ways the guy who runs the show was selling a pair of "proven" patternless leos for $300 dollars!! I was stunned. This guy just loves to screw people though it's in his genes.
Sorry to say but this isn't all that bad of a price for a exceptional pair of patternless breeders. If they were PA breeders then thats a great deal! You have to think of the money thats involved in these geckos... they don't eat for free, they take up space (which tends to be quite valuable), and he either bought them himself or bought and bred the parents. One way or another he had to shell out money.

Is there something wrong with someone making a buck or 2?

Old 02-26-2005, 12:28 PM   #18
No1snotsucker
If you read my other post before you quoted the old one you would have saw that I pointed out that they weren't PAs and they were dingy dark brown patternless and weren't exceptional. Nothings wrong with making a buck or two but ripping people off that don't know any better is just wrong. After hearing tons of things about the guy I would be surprised if he didn't even raise them, or ever bred them. Again I posted that in my second thread but it doesn't seem like you got to it.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #19
No1snotsucker
I *wouldn't* be surprised
not
I would be surprised

Old 02-26-2005, 01:06 PM   #20
montezuma
This is the US and a business can charge what they want to charge... same goes for the guy at the show. It is your puragative whether or not to buy from him but to slander him just because he wants $300 for a pair is absolutely ridiculous! As for your comment about me not reading your post about their coloration and the fact that they were nothing special... I did read your second post so your attitude is quite unneccessary. You mention that you talked to the guy about them and that he said they were proven... have you seen the offspring? How old are they? If they are 2 years old then their is plenty of opportunity to make your money back plus some.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!