Successful Hunting at Tinley Park - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #11
A_Kendergirl
The new LVPA looks so similar to Amber (at that age) that I may have to keep the bins very well labled! lol

I'm already hooked on the Bell, her eyes are so cool, and she's very inquisitive. She does seem to have some eyesight problems...she can see, but I don't think she can see well. I'm thinking it could be light sensitivity, but she never really closes her eyes like my Rainwaters do. I'm really glad I got her - she's so cute!

I was fairly disappointed at the show. There were very few morphs beyond Tangs, Tang crosses (ie: albino, carrottail), and Mack Snows. I did get to see a super, and I have to say that I like them much better in person. Only one vender (John Mack) had LVPAs...I was lucky that they were pretty decent looking. I only recall seeing one stripe, and it wasn't bold at all. Albey, Alberto, and CrestedGecko had some very nice leos...but WAY outta my price range. I liked Alberto's table because he had a combo of the nice expensive leos and a variety of lower range babies. Jeremy's table was nice...and those Raining Redstripes just HAVE to been seen in person to be appreciated fully. VERY COOL new morph. I'm not about to count LLL as a breeder - didn't even want to look at what they had, but I did! They had a very nice bold Redstripe, the only one I saw at the show. They had a large variety of morphs...but I wasn't about to buy from them.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:03 AM   #12
A_Kendergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptileking636
Great little bell to be on the recieving end of being a spoiled little pet! The other is very nice as well. That tokay wall art thingy sounds enthralling
LOL - The wall art thingy is cool. It's like having a pretty tokay sitting on your wall that won't try to eat you when you move it! I'm a sucker for artsy stuff.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:04 PM   #13
PaulSage
Shanti, it was nice meeting you. Congratulations on the new acquisitions. They look great! I was looking for another LVPA too, but I didn't see any. There really weren't as many leopards there as I had hoped for. I still ended up finding some very nice animals I was looking for, and my bag was getting pretty heavy. The wallet was definitely getting a little lighter though...

And you're absolutely right, there were HUGE amounts of people there. I'm sure it's less crowded today, but yesterday was INSANE. It was really hard to even get close enough to some tables to see what they were selling. It wasn't until my 3rd 'lap' that I even noticed certain vendors were there. At one point I ended up with 1/2 of someone's boa wrapped around my arm. I didn't even know who it belonged to.

I think I want to be a vendor next year just so that I can stand behind a table and use it as a shield against the crowds!

Old 10-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #14
crotalusadamanteus
Nice shots. They really bring out the color.
Nice leos too!
How do you like the "Helix" thermostats? I am looking for a new brand.

Ciao,
Rick

Old 10-09-2005, 01:57 PM   #15
g&mgeckos
Shanti those newbies look great! You will get hooked on the Bells they are pretty cool. I have notice mine seem to be more light sensitive than my RW or my Trempers. But cool none the less. Maybe you could start a Bell Patternless Project? Glad to hear you had a good time.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:50 PM   #16
Mari
Cool new babies! Very cute! I was at the show as well...this is only the second time I have gone and I too was slightly disappointed...I went two years ago and there were a lot more leos to check out, and a lot more in my price range as well. However I didn't plan on buying any,and for once I actually went through with it (only because I am up to 9 leos )However, I did get to check out a lot of cresties and almost came home with one when I got an offer to get 10 dollars knocked off the price and free crested gecko diet along with it...on top of finding a 15 gal tall with a screen top for 24 dollars. Believe me It took all I had not to get her, but I am waiting on finding some homes for some of my leos. Eventually I am hoping to keep 4 only, and my Anole. Then I can look into cresties

So...Anyone want a couple of leos??

Old 10-09-2005, 03:02 PM   #17
groovygeckos
Cool ! Wow didnt know Alberto would be there . Didnt JMG Reptiles have any Red Stripes ? HQR wasnt there this year ? There were some NICE RS there last year ,heres one of them I took home with me . Shes a "Rainbow" Red Stripe from JMG

Old 10-10-2005, 12:06 AM   #18
A_Kendergirl
HQR wasn't there for sure, and I don't think I saw JMG - but with all the people it's possible I missed them! I was hoping to find another bold stripe. The only stripe I was able to find (other than Jeremy's Raining Redstripes) was one at Alex Hue's table, and it wasn't bold.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:28 AM   #19
raiquee
Shanti Jeff was there, actually a good hop and skip down from Jeremy's table I also picked up that red stripe girl and a blazzing blizz with snake eyes. i was cautious too, but said eh whatever and got em. I don't regret it, but they ARE in very strict quarentee

Old 10-10-2005, 01:15 AM   #20
groovygeckos
Who had a Blazing ? A Tremper Im guessing(?)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!