Lasagna??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:27 AM   #11
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
I have not tried it with cottage cheese.. I DO like cottage cheese.. just not sure about the texture..

I am picky :(
Took a girl out once for a really nice meal. She was picky too. Wouldn't eat it because everything on her plate was touching the item next to it.

I'm like, "Oh my god. You had something worse then that in your mouth last night, but THIS grosses you out?"

Needless to say, next time I took her to Mc Donalds so everything came in it's own little wrapper. I'm glad she ain't around anymore.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #12
TheFragginDragon
OMG you uncultured culinary hacks, is Ricotta, not riccatta, not riccacca, not rickshaw......my nana would jump out of her grave and haunt me just for misspelling it!.

J/K my friends, and don't tell my nana, but lasagna made with the cottage cheese ain't half bad .

Old 05-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #13
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Took a girl out once for a really nice meal. She was picky too. Wouldn't eat it because everything on her plate was touching the item next to it.

I'm like, "Oh my god. You had something worse then that in your mouth last night, but THIS grosses you out?"

Needless to say, next time I took her to Mc Donalds so everything came in it's own little wrapper. I'm glad she ain't around anymore.

I am like that.. but not to THAT degree.. I mean.. depending.. I guess it depends on what the hell she ordered. I know I usually ask for an extra plate so I can put some stuff on it to keep my "main" plate spacious.

BUT.. I was also raised VERY very poor.. so if it is an expensive meal.. I would still have eaten it for sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
OMG you uncultured culinary hacks, is Ricotta, not riccatta, not riccacca, not rickshaw......my nana would jump out of her grave and haunt me just for misspelling it!.

J/K my friends, and don't tell my nana, but lasagna made with the cottage cheese ain't half bad .
I was waiting for some pure bred Italian to come in here guns a blazin'

ha ha ha ha

I made the lasagna AND some Manicotti mmmmm both were delicious, and about a million calories. Although.. NEVER making manicotti again.. took a dang hour to stuff those things..

Old 05-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #14
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
I am like that.. but not to THAT degree.. I mean.. depending...
Do you rinse after each bite so you don't mix the tastes of the different foods too?

Like I said, I'm glad she ain't around any more.

All this talk about Italian food. Yer gonna make me have to go and get something now.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #15
Wraith
Quote:
I dont like the riccatta cheese or whatever.
I just want meat, shredded cheese and noodles..
any recipes to fit that tab?
Keep in mind I can.. um.. pour cereal!!!! and even then, half of the cereal goes onto the counter top.

If you are a cheese person (and you HATE ricotta like I do), and you enjoy velveeta cheese, then this is for you...

10 cheese Lasagna recipe

--16 oz. block of mozzarella -- grate it.
--8 cup package of shredded Sargento Italian 6 cheese mix
--8 cup package of shredded Sargento Mexican 4 cheese mix
  • Mix all the grated cheeses together in a large bowl.

--medium box of Velveeta cheese.
  • Cut velveeta up into small 1/2" diced pieces

Any 2 boxes of noodles. I actually do not use the standard lasagna noodle strips. I prefer the little mini lasagna noodles when I can find them (hard to find), and usually end up using rotini, etc... get creative.
  • Cook the noodles then rinse off in cold water.

--large jar of speghetti sauce (I normally use Ragu original)
--2-3 lbs of ground hamburger (80/20 or 90/10 is best) - if you want to be healthier.. use all venison, or split the amount between half ground burger, half ground venison if you can't tolerate straight venison.
  • Brown the meat, drain any grease off.
  • In a large pot, mix the sauce and noodles in with the meat.

In a large pan (may need more than one pan)... I usually use a large disposable aluminum foil turkey pan with handles.
  • put a layer of meat/noodles/sauce on the bottom....
  • Put a layer of velveeta squares
  • Put a layer of the grated cheeses
  • Repeat process until pan is full.
  • Once pan is full, use any left overs to fill or partially fill another pan.
  • Cover pans lightly with tin foil and put in oven.
  • Cook at 350F until the velveeta squares in the center of the pan are thoroughly melted....could take up to 45-60 minutes..just keep checking pans until the cheese is melted.

Usually I work on prepping the cheeses while the meat and noodles are cooking so putting it all together is actually pretty fast to do. The hard part is waiting for the oven to cook the cheeses down to the proper melting points <g>. Left overs heat up very nice in a microwave.

I did the half burger / half vension version one year for a party... people who swore up and down that they hated venison could not even tell there was venison in it ...the pan was scraped clean by the time the party was over. <g>.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #16
Miss Tuniwha
ooh, Adrian..

considering its just me and my hubby.. I don't think the amount of food for an army that the recipe you posted would be needed

LOL

BUT

I really like the idea of HOW it was put together.. those big lasagna noodles were a pain in my big tan back side.

so I will be using your style next time around..

thanks ^_^

Old 05-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #17
crotalusadamanteus
Hell, I'd mac half of that by myself! If you left out the velveeta anyway.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #18
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Do you rinse after each bite so you don't mix the tastes of the different foods too?
I may have when I was younger.. (my OCD was VERY bad back then, like, brushed my teeth 13 times a day, wear gloves kind of bad)

because now, I HAVE to have something to drink while eating.. and after every couple bites I take a drink..

if no drink.. no eat..

*shrugs*

Old 05-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #19
Wraith
Quote:
ooh, Adrian..

considering its just me and my hubby.. I don't think the amount of food for an army that the recipe you posted would be needed
Ah...that's where you simply package up the lasagna in single serve portions to freeze for future use <g>.

In our house, that amount rarely lasts more than 3 days tops.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #20
Wraith
Quote:
Hell, I'd mac half of that by myself! If you left out the velveeta anyway.
Velveeta (believe it or not) is what makes the recipe work so well. Without it, you don't get the real "cheesy" factor and it holds in the moisture... I had someone try to make and they complained about how "dry" it all was and that it tasted nothing like how I made it. I responded with..."you left out the velveeta from the recipe didn't you" and sheepishly they were like "yeah" so I was like.. "that's why ...duh" LOL. I am not much of a velveeta fan myself, but in lasagna it is da bomb.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!