Inquiry Jl Reptiles??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:36 PM   #11
DThomas
I'm not going to get into an argument over symantics with you. Or go down the, "what about this guy? well how about this one? road and so forth. This thread is about you. Information about you was requested, I provided information that I had.

Just because you might have had email contact with someone three years ago doesn't mean you can willy nilly shotgun advertise every single one of them and not expect some flak for it. There just might be a few of us that deal with enough of that kind of crap on a daily basis and will speak up about it. And keep in mind, once you press the send button, your email is no longer private.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:47 PM   #12
David Reid
To whom it may concern...

I get what I call Spam email from the "German Ball breeders, resellers" on a weekly basis. It is getting tiresome, and eventually when I am in a lousy mood, I might actually go to their site and try to be taken off their email list. I call what they do spam, because it is a continuous action, and they do not know me from Adam. I think those of you who are peeved at Joe are those who get repeated spam from different breeders/businesses, and now are just mad at any unsolicited email. If Joe sends me "pricelists" on a weekly basis, I will probably tell him to knock that @#$% off. If anyone I even vaguely know sends me an "ad", I honestly have no problem with it until it comes in on a weekly basis.

Dave

Old 05-28-2006, 11:49 PM   #13
GotBoids18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
I'm not going to get into an argument over symantics with you. Or go down the, "what about this guy? well how about this one? road and so forth. This thread is about you. Information about you was requested, I provided information that I had.

Just because you might have had email contact with someone three years ago doesn't mean you can willy nilly shotgun advertise every single one of them and not expect some flak for it. There just might be a few of us that deal with enough of that kind of crap on a daily basis and will speak up about it. And keep in mind, once you press the send button, your email is no longer private.
I sincerely apologize if I have created a disturbance for you, as I mentioned in the PM. I had no intentions of becoming an annoyance and I surely had no intentions of losing a possible potential future customer like yourself. I deeply regret sending the email at this point, if there's anything I can do to right this wrong, I will conform the best I can.

Joe Lydon

Old 05-29-2006, 01:41 AM   #14
GotBoids18
Dennis, I find it ironic that you are actually one of the handful of people on that list that I have completed a business transaction with. I purchased a thermostat from you back in October of 2004', I actually had to replace the power strip a month or so after it arrived. It's still going strong though, to this day. I guess this is a moot point, but I just wanted to clarify that your statment of "never doing business" with me was untrue. Here are screen shots of the paypal transaction. After figuring out which email address was yours, the transaction popped into my head.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:51 AM   #15
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBoids18
I sincerely apologize if I have created a disturbance for you, as I mentioned in the PM. I had no intentions of becoming an annoyance and I surely had no intentions of losing a possible potential future customer like yourself. I deeply regret sending the email at this point, if there's anything I can do to right this wrong, I will conform the best I can.

Joe Lydon
I have had only two intentions all along when posting to this thread. One was to provide information for the original inquiry. And two, after you posted here, was to provide some insight for you into what other's perceptions of such emails maybe. I feel no ill will towards you and sincerly wish you luck in your business endeavors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBoids18
Dennis, I find it ironic that you are actually one of the handful of people on that list that I have completed a business transaction with. I purchased a thermostat from you back in October of 2004', I actually had to replace the power strip a month or so after it arrived. It's still going strong though, to this day. I guess this is a moot point, but I just wanted to clarify that your statment of "never doing business" with me was untrue. Here are screen shots of the paypal transaction. After figuring out which email address was yours, the transaction popped into my head.
I apologize for that, we have done business together. But, that means you should be on MY mailing list....

As for the power strip, you should have contacted me, I offer a one year warranty on all of my thermostats and I would have gladly replaced that strip at no cost to you.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:01 AM   #16
GotBoids18
Dennis,
No harm, no foul. I gladly accept your insight on the situation. As for the power strip, it wasn't worth bothering you about it, I've got dozens laying around and I'm a handy guy so it was a quick fix.

Old 05-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #17
RTBoas
Ok, great we be in touch, just really busy right now with my sons homework.

Thank you all!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!