Info 2 new boaphiles split in back!! not happy with customer service - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #11
Skiploder
Let me get this straight..........

The OP fronts the Boaphile Probably over $500 in money.

Then the OP waits 5 weeks for the Boaphile to fabricate and ship him his cages.

Then the cages come in damaged, and somehow the OP should not only be patient, but give the Boaphile a call - two e-mails are not enough, the Boaphile is apparently not much of an e-mail person.

Screw that. The Boaphile will gladly take your money over the computer and the Boaphile gives out an e-mail address as a point of contact on his website. The Boaphile can sure as hell address this customer's issue over e-mail as well. Please, is it too much to ask that he take ten minutes and do it over Memorial Day Weekend as well?

It's the customer that should be treated like a rock star, not the Boaphile.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
conarc
Yeah I agree the boaphile is good people, he will talk to anyone for hours on end over the phone, but literally gets hundreds of emails from around the world on a daily basis, so even with spam filters on his e mail accts a costumers question can quickly get buried in junk mail to the point that he doesn't see or notice it. I had a good friend go through the same ordeal a few years ago an Jeff sent him a new one an let him keep the broke one which we actually fixed an in the end for the low price of five bucks worth of glue got two great cages outta the deal!!! All these seemed cages tend to break in transit no matter who you buy them from, I blame it on the shipping services stacking way to high or way to much weight on them during shipping, an who knows they may even get the occasional tose from one side of the truck to another. That type of thing exceeds there design strengths an is almost always the delivery peoples fault.. well enough of my babble, call Jeff this upcoming week an I'd be willing to bet you guys get everything squared away....... good luck

Old 05-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #13
Redstormlax12
I will never buy from the boaphile. One because of the prices, thin material and also because of the lack of service over email. Emails provide you with a paper trail and let you review what was previously said which is the main reason why I prefer to do all the dealing through emails with maybe a few phone calls.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #14
hhmoore
FWIW - any time that I've emailed Jeff, I've gotten an automated response instructing me to call him. Apparently, he is at least occasionally responding to emails now (since the OP claims to have gotten them).

Old 05-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
McFly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post

Then the cages come in damaged, and somehow the OP should not only be patient, but give the Boaphile a call - two e-mails are not enough, the Boaphile is apparently not much of an e-mail person.

Screw that. The Boaphile will gladly take your money over the computer and the Boaphile gives out an e-mail address as a point of contact on his website. The Boaphile can sure as hell address this customer's issue over e-mail as well. Please, is it too much to ask that he take ten minutes and do it over Memorial Day Weekend as well?

That sums it up for me. Hope he takes care of it asap.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #16
acecurl16
I'm with Redstormlax12 -- get it in writing and avoid the he said, you said, and I said.....! Whenever I need racks I go to RB and get fast response (email), great customer service, fast turnaround, and quality supplies. Problems? Taken care of all the time and any day.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #17
NIGRO51

Quote:

Old 05-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #18
zooherper
Spam and hundreds of emails are the cost of succeeding. If he doesn't want e-mail, he should not provide the address. To filter out spam fast, he should instruct buyers to put a certain keyword in the subject line. Not that hard. OP is showing a bit more patience with lack of response than I would, just saying. I would be blowing him up now, so if a replacement is to be sent, he can get started. Jeff is a nice guy, but making up excuses for not answering e-mail is silly, and a tad unprofessional.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #19
Michael Brown
Quote:

Took the words out of my mouth

Old 05-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #20
KingBowser
Or if he's that busy, why not hire some kind of receptionist or something to check and respond to email for him? I personally prefer email by a longshot. There are times in the day when I don't have time to have a phone conversation but I can shoot a quick email.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!