Terry Lilley - Tried selling me my own animal - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-04-2003, 04:03 PM   #11
sputnik
14,000 reptile photos

quote:

Including photos you obviously have NO RIGHT whatsoever to distribute and then claim are your animals!

Scott Collien

Old 03-04-2003, 04:11 PM   #12
Darin Chappell
Mr. Lilley,

If you have such an extensive array of animals from which to choose, which (you say) are rightfully yours, why would you even have the picture of that snake to which you had no rights whatsoever? I mean, why was it on your computer in the first place, if you had not harvested it from another site? If you did harvest it from another site, why?!?!?

What you have said simply does not make sense to me. You may see this as nothing more than fun and games, but I assure you that hundreds, if not thousands, of people will read this thread over the years, and they WILL draw conclusions based on what they will have read.

Given the lame excuse you have submitted thus far, are you sure you want the types of conclusions to be drawn that such excuses will bring? I know I wouldn't.

If you stole the picture . . .fess up to it. If you tried to sell animals that were not yours to sell . . .tell us all. Chance are much better for a slap on the wrist and then a gradual forgetfulness from the reptile community for those who are up front about their short-comings. However, if you try to slime your way out of a rather obvious noose, you'll only make everyone think the worse of you!

Old 03-04-2003, 04:48 PM   #13
Fred Albury
DRAMA....................

Boy...the snake business really SUCKS..on BOTH sides of the equation.

----------------->Returns it to hobyy status

Fred
aztec reptiles

Old 03-04-2003, 06:21 PM   #14
evansnakes
After all the new threads and posts Terry Lilley still has not sent one word in the direction of any one of the many many accusations that I have leveled against him. I hope that some of you that doubted his duplicity will read his replies and realize that he is avoiding the subjects and refusing to answer because he is wrong. This is a bad guy. Plain and simple. Evan Stahl

Old 03-04-2003, 11:49 PM   #15
Ken Foose
Ok, this is enough for me. I rarely post anything on here, but I do love to read it every night after I get home from work. But I have to butt in now. I met Mr. Lilly in 1985 at a symposium in Davis, CA. He came off as a real big deal. I was not impressed. And as you have noted on this thread, most old timers (like me) will tell you to steer clear of Mr. Lilly. He has been busted several times, has put up for sale animals that are impossible to get unless some poaching is involved, and has on a regular basis defrauded many people. I have known of him for over a dozen years. He is not new to this game. And he is not the breeder that he would like people to believe he is. The word poacher is much more like it, but hey, I never said that. I do know this for sure, Terry is a surfer dude, and paints houses for a living (at least he did in the 80s and 90s) He does not sell enough animals to quit his day job. We old guys have known about Terry for years. Sorry you younger guys still have to put up with him. Just beware, and if it was me, I would just ignore him. That's what I'm gonna do, just like I have for years. Thanks, Ken

Old 03-05-2003, 12:16 AM   #16
sputnik
the snake business really SUCKS

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boy...the snake business really SUCKS..on BOTH sides of the equation.

----------------->Returns it to hobyy status

Fred
aztec reptiles
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't suck, certain ripoff scammers are what suck! Thanks to this site we can become aware of who does suck!

I don't know why Terry Lilley keeps posting or trying to add new posts when he has no credibility. Many questions remain unanswered, but then again, who wants answers from Lilly anyway? We all know he is bad news!

Scott Collien

Old 03-06-2003, 08:00 PM   #17
NEWReptiles
Quote:
It doesn't suck, certain ripoff scammers are what suck!
Thank you Scott, I dont think it sucks either.

Its just these people like Terry here that cause disruptions every once in a while.

When it comes to people like Mr. Lilley that ruin it for the rest of us. My solution is to inform as many people as possible that Mr. Lilley is quite the________(you can fill in the blank). And I know I will never let him see a dime of my money or anyone elses money I know for that matter.

It would not even matter if these threads contained any proof at all of the way Terry conducts things, my veiws are based on other things on top of the acusations, such as HIS ATTITUDE.

Hey Mr. Lilley, I will tell everyone I know about your SHADY ethics and also how I think of you to many others, If you would like my address for you BS LAWSUIT, just let me know and I will send it to you. I would advise you to inquire about the laws you use to threaten others on this board. You cant decide what things are illegal and what ones are not.
One question though Terry, is it even slander if its true?

Good luck on your zoo, and also your lawsuit.

Due to the new warning system this reply was heavily edited. But im sure my thoughts are clear.

Old 03-06-2003, 08:12 PM   #18
Tom Chambers
Uh....shouldn't that signature read "Terry (YOU make a mistake IF YOU BUY FROM ME) Lilley?

Most people would get FIRED if they sent a nudie pic to a client in place of the pic that was supposed to be sent by someone that paid attention while he worked because he CARED about the product of his labor...........

Thanks for the heads up Corey...this isn't the first I've heard of this place .....doubt it will be the last.

Tom Chambers

Old 03-07-2003, 12:28 PM   #19
HerpVenue
Okay...
so you deny trying to sell Corey his own animal.
But you admit to trying to sell him an animal you have never even seen in person.

I can understand selling animals for your friends...
But to sell an animal from someone on the otherside of the world?
An animal you have not seen?

I do not know about that

Old 03-07-2003, 01:00 PM   #20
Darin Chappell
In my opinion, Terry Lilley just cannot be believed. In one thread, he said that he had sold over 300,000 reptiles since 1979. In another, he said that he had legally sold and shipped over 200,000 reptiles in the same time frame.

That left us with the following questions to account for the apparent discrepancies: Were the other 100,000 illegally shipped? Were the other 100,000 sold to walk-in customers? Did Mr. Lilley just forget that he had made those 100,000 sales when he posted the second thread?

However, in a completely separate post, Mr. Lilley also informs us all that he has bred and sold more than 75,000 animals since 1981. That raises the folowing questions: Are you saying that you bred 75,000 animals and brokered the rest (125,000 or 225,000 depending on which figure you accept)? Or, are you saying that you sold 125,000 (or 225,000) animals in the first two years of your business, and then sales dropped off dramatically over the last 22 years?

Quite frankly, Mr. Lilley, it appears to me that you are pulling numbers out of your ears. That's fine if you are trying to make yourself feel better about your situation, but the problem with making up numbers in several instances, is that it becomes increasingly difficult to recall which lie has been told. I would say that your brain's lie retention system (which helps liars keep their stories straight), is just about to go into overload status!

By the way, I would be happy to provide you with whatever pertinent information your pretend lawyer needs for your pretend lawsuit. I promise you that there is no way you can win a settlement against me for slander, Sir!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!