Neil Gubitz, Tampa Snake Pit (Good Guy) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-10-2003, 12:12 PM   #11
Chris@TSE
Thanks! We get fecals on all of our dragons on a regular basis. Better safe than sorry!

Take care!

Old 09-10-2003, 12:19 PM   #12
Wilomn
I didn't mean my comments to be taken as critisism of your dealings with neil.

And he didn't "slip," not by any definition of the word. His actions were intentional from the begining of many of his bad deals.

Since there are many out there who do not do as thorough a job at reseach as you, it must have taken days to read all the negative threads about him, I felt in necessary to post here about him. That is why I asked you to keep us updated about your future dealings with him.

After all, there is a snowballs chance in hell that he's changed his ways and if he has I'd like to know about it.

I have no real desire to argue, and saving my breath, well, doesn't make much sense to me, got to breathe you know, and this hardly qualifies as drama to me but, living in L. A. not much does anymore. So, thanks for the advice and I'll just do what I think is right, regardless.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-10-2003, 12:22 PM   #13
Chris@TSE
Understood, We'll keep you guys posted on our future dealings.
And I definately hear you, I'm originally from LA, nothing much surprises me either.

Take care!

Old 09-10-2003, 01:13 PM   #14
Stardust
OK, here goes.
Perhaps Neil was indeed in a slump or something, I had also trusted him and bought a snake, which died, Neil said he would make good and send something else, died as well, this time within 24 hours.
After this second death, I did not bother to contact Neil, these animals were for my daughter and I was very hurt and angry. I just threw up my hands and posted on the BOI. Maybe I should have contacted him again maybe not.
Two days ago I get a call from Neil, he has appoligized and is sending me my money back via paypal!
My outlook now? Times change, people change, go through slumps, bad times, whatever. I thought he was a pretty nice guy to talk to, his packing was great. He didn't have to pay me back, I did not ask for it, I did not try to contact him at all in fact.
I have had a bad deal with Neil, which he did make right, and before anyone brings up the time frame, hey better late than never!
All and all, forgive and forget.

Old 09-10-2003, 01:15 PM   #15
Darin Chappell
Chris,

Who is attacking you or giving you flack? I can't see where anyone has been anything but supportive of you, your deal, or your posting the information here. If someone is attacking you in email or PMs, he/she ought to be ashamed of such behavior.

Neil Gubitz is a lying sack of snot that cannot be trusted for anything, and he will lie to you too just as soon as it suits him, but that's certainly not your fault. He purposefully deceived an entire community that wanted to help him out in a time of need. That's just Neil, but he has sold lots of decent animals to people over the years in spite of himself.

I'm really, truly, honestly glad that you got a good deal out of him. Further, I am really glad you posted it here. Every side to every situation needs to be heard, and your post serves a real purpose on the BOI. I, for one, appreciate it.

Old 09-10-2003, 01:19 PM   #16
Chris@TSE
thanks

Old 09-10-2003, 03:04 PM   #17
Wilomn
Stardust, I think you may be too forgiving. He sent you two sick animals, one of which was so sick it died the day after you got it. There is no way he could not have known it was dying. There is no way he could NOT have known the uro, at the very least and maybe the rosy too as it pooped green runny poop right out of the bag, were sick and near death.

The time frame is important. It's what, three months later that he is making some effort to give you a refund? What has been the problem with the last 90 days? He must have known he sent you a dying lizard for you daughter and he did absolutely NOTHING!!!

Now to try to make himself look better, in part because he's either feeling the crunch of not selling those animals he's got and they are either sick or have died, or because he has seen the way the wind is blowing and all his crap is blowing right back into his face, he is trying to make it right with you. Better late than never SUCKS. If he wasn't feeling the pinch of his well deserved lousy reputation I don't think he would have ever contacted you. Period.

I feel like he's taking advantage of your kindness and willingness to forgive. Another dog with his tail between his legs whining because he was bad and got caught, not sorry for what he did , sorry that he got caught.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-10-2003, 04:17 PM   #18
Dennis Gulla
Well Wes,

You took the words right out of my mouth again. A leopard does not change his spots, neither do people. Neil is simply doing everything he can to stay in this business, not because he suddenly turned into an honest good guy, but because he is having a very hard time trying to sell anything. If you view the classifieds at kingsnake everyday you will see exactly what I am talking about. He has the same animals posted daily for months at a time because he can't move them. Stardust, do you remember the big arrogant a--hole that used to chime in on every post telling everyone to do the right thing? Only to turn around and stick his middle finger at the whole reptile community? I fell for his act too, but he exposed himself for the hypocritical, pathological liar that he is.

Stardust, you have got to be the most forgiving person I have ever seen. First Upstate, now Neil? Unfortunately forgiving to a fault.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:32 PM   #19
Stardust
OK, just a quick reply about upstate because technically this thread is not about them.
I have nothing to forgive with upstate because I have PERSONALLY bought anything from them. Just calling them as I see it and trying to be fair.
Forgiving? Yes. Too forgiving? No.
I just told it as it happened, I have personally dealt with Neil. It went bad, not once but twice. BUT he can't come on here and spout how he made good, he did it private, no kudos there. So that tells me something. I did NOT start this thread saying what a good guy he was, nor did he ask me to start a thread. It was a thread started by someone else and I do not think it would be fair to let everyone think he NEVER made good with me. So I posted what had just happened.
I never said here I was going to run right out and buy from him again. I just told the truth on what happened and basically, let bygones be bygones.
I have seen a lot on here, good guys turn bad, bad guys turn good, problems arise.
This may be foolish, but I would much rather say the glass is half full than half empty.
Thanks for your comments though.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:42 PM   #20
Stardust
In regards to my previous post, it should say: I have not personally bought from upstate.
And what kind of person would I be if I only stated the bad side of a situation and not the good that someone did?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!