Upstate Exotics (BAD GUY) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2003, 03:17 AM   #11
thomas davis
upstate WELL it dont look good for you,,and shame on you for admitting yourself it was to cold to ship and then doing it anyway? thats rediculous(of course PROPER PACKING would probably have helped)but to say because the cust. wanted it HELLOHELLO THE CUST. MADE YOU??WEAK??and as far as the c.b. thing? your cust. has posted one of your emails stating c.b./?/?,,,,,? eenolookeegood upstate exoTICKS,,i would try to save face admit wrong and offer a full refund w/apoligee ,,for shameforshame,,,,,,thomas davis T&S reptile farm

Old 02-13-2003, 10:52 AM   #12
gracie
Upstate still hasn't emailed me an apology but I do expect a full refund because since this is an import I'm going to have probably to pay more in vet bills than what I orignally paid for he animal. I'll keep you all updated on this deal though and let you know whether or not they give me my money back. And thankyou everyone for your opinions, Upstate was starting to make me feel like I DID do something wrong until that last email they sent me about how I should expect to get an animal with ticks all over it. Last night I found 2 more; one in his left arm pit and one on his vent. So obviously they didn't even look at him when they got him and thought they could make a quick buck by selling him as a cb. I've done some stupid things in the past but I would NEVER misrepresent an animal like this, not to mention sell one covered with ticks.

Old 02-13-2003, 03:10 PM   #13
Dennis Gulla
Note to self: Never do business with Upstate Exotics. misrepresent their animals, only in it to make a quick buck!

Old 02-13-2003, 03:28 PM   #14
Rob @ RK Reptiles
I know I am not the only one waiting for these people * Alison &/or Sal @ UPSTATE EXOTICS*to respond again.

Old 02-13-2003, 05:56 PM   #15
Justin Braga
Thanks a bunch

I would like to thank you for posting this on here. I was looking at an ad for a reptile from Upstate Exotics on their website just a few days ago. I live fairly close to them in NY and figured it might be a good place but after this maybe not. I hope you post your final outcome with Upstate to let us know if they are in it for the buck or in it for the reptiles.
Thanks,
Justin Braga
Blue Moon Reptiles

Old 02-13-2003, 06:53 PM   #16
Rob @ RK Reptiles
I just noticed that Upstate Exotics is advertising c.b. baby White Throat Monitors on KS. I wonder if these are truly c.b. animals or some of the wild caught babaies that just arrived not that long ago and being sold by some of the Wholesalers here in Florida.

Old 02-13-2003, 08:17 PM   #17
DISCERN
I too saw an animal that they were misrepresented in the classifieds on the colubrid section of Kingsnake. I am not saying that they did it on purpose though. It was a white sided bullsnake ( very dark one at that ) that was being sold as an albino Southern pinesnake. I emailed them, to be helpful, and told them what it actually was and they responded saying that is was sold to them as an albino southern pine. The ad was changed the next day.

I don't know them, so I can't really say much, but just threw my 2 cents in on the whole representing animals subject.

Take care!
Billy Fraser

Old 02-13-2003, 08:30 PM   #18
The BoidSmith
Gracie,

I agree with everyone here: Upstate Exotics, less than ideal shipping conditions, misrepresented animal, etc. etc.

What I don't agree with is:

Quote:
Upstate still hasn't emailed me an apology but I do expect a full refund because since this is an import I'm going to have probably to pay more in vet bills than what I orignally paid for he animal.
In MHO you don't get to keep the monitor and receive a full refund. One thing or the other. If the monitor is in such bad of a shape that shipping him back will put his life at risk then I agree you should not ship him back. Wait until he recovers and then ship him for a full refund. Let the people of Upstate Exotics know the expenses in which you are planning to incurr. If he doesn't doesn't make it in spite of all your efforts, then yes, a full refund is warranted. But if you received something with that you are not satisfied with, you should return it for a full refund (first make sure they agree to that!!!).

Just my opinion.

Old 02-13-2003, 10:49 PM   #19
gracie
Don't worry, I was planning to wait until he's doing better and for the temps to warm up before shipping him back. Upstate emailed me tonight stating they will give me a refund but not a FULL one. Here is the email sent to me:

"I have no problem with refunding you your money. I will send the $30 to you via PayPal to cover the cost of shipping him, back to us. Once the weather warms a bit you can ship him back. Once he is received here I will paypal $165 for the original cost of the monitor. You agreed to our shipping terms and I cannot refund the money for the original shipping. You can place a claim with UPS for the original shipping costs incurred, however the animal did arrive alive.

Thanks

Upstate Exotics
Sal & Alison Tornambene
P.O. Box 119
Cossayuna, NY 12823
1-866-PETS-499
518-692-3101
518-692-7387
http://www.UpstateExotics.com
sales@upstateexotics.com
AOL Screen Name: UpstateExotics"

BARELY alive. It was not UPS's fault that the animal was packaged poorly and arrived half dead. I paid $192.15 for the monitor including shipping and want it all back as well as the $30 it'll cost to ship it back. I shouldn't have to pay ANYTHING out of my pocket because they screwed up. And since they already lied to me once I want my money BEFORE I ship it back not after they get it. I'll keep you all updated on this.

Old 02-13-2003, 11:12 PM   #20
E2MacPets
Maybe this is one of those rare instances where a COD would apply?

And I do have to agree (grudgingly) that if you agreed to shipping terms they are not obligated to refund you. Offering to pay for it to be shipped back to them is a nice offer (although it should be expected) and at least shows they are willing to work with you. (now that you've aired their dirty laundry to potential customers)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!