Questions for the FedeEx pros... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:58 AM   #11
AngryEd
Shep151, you're exactly right. I had no idea that the discount only applied if you use the online shipping features! As far as the charges on your account, is there an online history that shows your charges? Or do you just check your credit card bill? I didn't know I was charged to much until my credit card bill came.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:18 AM   #12
shep151
Yeah, the "online only" aspect of the discount hasn't been a problem for me, since I find talking with the FedEx "service people" at the counter as mind-numbing as dealing with them on the phone, but some do find it a bit less convenient.

You can view recent billing activity by going to the "Manage My Account" tab on FedEx's home page (I think this, like many of their online features, requires registering again which is ridiculous, but whatever. Using the same account number works fine, as it should.) then clicking on "View/Pay Bills Online". I'm not sure if this feature is exclusive to shipments created using the online ship manager or not, but you may at least find it useful in the future.

If you go through the "help" files, you'll find that they instruct you to file for a refund for a package delivered late by going to the place I directed you above, then placing a "Service Failure" dispute on the affected shipment. Like I said in my previous post, I've been fortunate that this has always worked automatically, with no argument from them. The one bad part is you can't dispute it the day it arrives, since they bill your account weekly. You have to wait for the bill to appear.

Hope this has helped a bit!

Old 08-24-2006, 11:24 AM   #13
AngryEd
Zach, very helpful info. Thank you very much.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:39 PM   #14
hunterjackson
If this has been raised, i apologize.

If you dont send 'priority' on rural packages, standard usually isnt guaranteed till the next day. I am glad i looked at the transit time thing.

Usually the difference is $3. This is an example to a regular customer of mine:

Delivery Date/Time Service List Rate (US$) Your Rate (US$)
9:00 AM Fri Sep 01, 2006 FedEx First Overnight® $65.77 $59.19
10:30 AM Fri Sep 01, 2006 FedEx Priority Overnight® $36.77 $28.32
3:00 PM Fri Sep 01, 2006 FedEx Standard Overnight® $32.60 $25.10
4:30 PM Tue Sep 05, 2006 FedEx 2Day® $12.18 $9.50
4:30 PM Wed Sep 06, 2006 FedEx Express Saver® $10.56 $8.24
End of day (2 Business Days) FedEx Ground® $4.36 $4.36
Same day in shortest time possible. Call 1·800·Go·FedEx for availability and rate. FedEx Same Day®

Hope that helps!

hunter

Old 09-27-2006, 04:35 PM   #15
Fantasy Boas
I know this is a dead thread but I wanted to post here anyway. I had my first experience in dealing with this very issue today.
I dropped the package with fedex yesterday evening at 6:15pm CST. I specifically asked the guy at the counter to check the address in their system and tell me what the guaranteed delivery time was for that address because I knew it was a rural address. He looked it up and told me that it was still guaranteed by 10:30am this morning.
I tracked the package this morning only to find that the delivery time was guaranteed by 4:30pm not 10:30 am like I was told. Needless to say I was livid because had I known this when I sent the package I would have contacted the customer to arrange another shipping method. Now I'm stuck sitting here hoping the package makes it ok and that there will be someone there to sign for it because it was shipping to a high school.
As of this moment (3:30pm) the package has not yet been delivered so they are certainly making sure they get there right at 4:30 if they get there at all.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:20 PM   #16
hhmoore
much easier to check online when you set up your shipping - I've never had the computer lie to me when I asked it myself.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:47 PM   #17
Fantasy Boas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
much easier to check online when you set up your shipping - I've never had the computer lie to me when I asked it myself.
Yeah I've figured that out now and thankfully the boa made it there safely yesterday evening.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!