Sick Ebay Auction - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-15-2006, 09:51 PM   #11
cornsnakekid92
Is this like some weird fetish???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Raccoon-Balls-Ta...QQcmdZViewItem

i am sorry but to get those would you have to cut a racoons " stuff" open?

Old 07-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #12
number1steakfan
wtf how did you find that i was searching for bd stuff on ebay and found that guy on there how did you find something about raccon balls

Old 07-15-2006, 11:35 PM   #13
cornsnakekid92
I looked under other iteams he had for sale and wahlah

Old 07-15-2006, 11:40 PM   #14
Rebel Dragons
I would venture to say that anyone who goes and collects raccoon testicles is in need of serious mental help.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:55 AM   #15
Mooing Tricycle
Oh because we all want Raccoon Balls Sitting on our shelves! lets everyone buy some! WOO!

Hes just messed up.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:23 AM   #16
Iggy189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
it's not even an iguana foot LOLOL. not sure what lizard but it's certainly NOT an iguana.

Adrian
I agree with Adrian that doesn't seem to be an iguana foot. I used to own four iguanas and I see iguanas almost everyday since there so common in Florida. That guys sick collecting dead animals and to top it off he has raccoon balls preserved. What a weirdo!!!

Old 07-16-2006, 06:07 AM   #17
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
I would venture to say that anyone who goes and collects raccoon testicles is in need of serious mental help.
Maybe those in search of raccoon testicles just need more testosterone and didn't quite understand their doctor's instructions.

Old 07-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #18
Brenda777
Oh I think I'm going to throw up! I feel so bad for those animals. Some people are really sick!!!

Old 07-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #19
Clay Davenport
I don't get it. Assuming the animals involved were NOT killed for that purpose, then what is wrong with preserving the body or parts thereof? Why are you all so revolted by the idea.
Do none of you have any deceased herps in your freezer? I have 5 or 6 myself in my rodent freezer, the oldest having died almost 10 years ago. One of the items is an adult bearded dragon skeleton in the process of being cleaned. I got it 80% clean and froze it until I had more time.

Preserving a specimen that has died is common. Pretty much every person I know who has been keeping reptiles for a long time has at least a couple in the freezer. It's one of those things with reptile keepers, most of us don't bury them like we would a dog, they're not "pets" in the traditional sense of the word.

I like having preserved specimens, especially skeletal mounts. It's very educating, and can be a useful resourse. Aside from that I find a skeletal mount to be an interesting decoration if nothing else.
I never kill an animal for the purpose of preserving it, and according to the auction those animals died of natural causes. If that is indeed the case what's the big deal? If it's dead it's dead, what's wrong with preserving the body, whether just for display or for educational purposes, yours or others? It's either that or bury it or put it out with the trash, what's wrong with not letting it go to waste?

You folks must detest taxonomists and the herpetologists who discover new species. First thing they do is kill the first one they found as a holotype.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #20
Cat_72
I think it's a lot to assume that they all died of natural causes. And to many, they ARE pets in every traditional sense of the word.

I understand that it can be educational to preserve and study dead animals, but selling them on Ebay is another story, and I really don't see what is very educational about raccoon nuts in a jar, but hey, to each their own.

That said, no, I don't have any herpsicles in my freezer, and do not plan to have any......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!