Ravens and Crows Wanted - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 02:00 PM   #11
Intense Herpetoculture
You can still own most of the African and European species commonly seen for sell, captive bred and wild caught (African only). I also believe house sparrows and starlings are covered under a seperate law but I can not put my finger on it at the exact moment, but I do know it is illegal to own them.

Old 04-21-2004, 01:11 PM   #12
Ellcrys
Hello,

Not only do you have to look at the laws but also the size requirements of the birds and how best to look after them. These are relatively large birds who would need a lot of space. There is one alternative that may be of interest and that is to purchase (captive bred) Mynah birds. These are slightly smaller but look similiar. They need a lot of attention and are great talkers too!

As always, take the time to research their needs first.

If you do still want to get hold of a native bird, the best way would be to talk to a rehabilitator who may have some that cannot be re-released into the wild. That way, animals are not being captured from their native habitats.

Good Luck

Old 05-01-2004, 01:47 AM   #13
Jase
Not illegal

you CAN keep ravens and crows captive but you need to get the proper permits for a "wildlife rescue" not hard to get the permit either depends on the state you live in and you have to follow the guidlines in space requirements for the birds that you keep.
(i.e. 400 sqft per raven) May differ per state
the reason alot of people DON'T keep them as "pets" is because of the hoops you must jump through to have them, as i said varies on state laws and reqs.....................Jase
(Shasta Wildlife Rescue.....Rescue....Rehabilitate...Release)

PS. i hope that sheds some light on things for ALL of you

Old 05-01-2004, 02:33 AM   #14
Jase
Ravens for sale

i posted a comment before about your topic of Ravens and owning them as pets. if you do not wish to get a permit,(for a wildlife rescue)
then you should look into buying NON- USA Ravens there are about 5 types you can buy and own i will list them for you with a site to pictures.....

African Pied Crows (Corvus Albus)

Hooded Crows (Corvus Corone)

White-Necked Ravens (Corvus Albicollis)

Western Jackdaw (Corvus Monedula)

These large beautiful raven-like crows make fascinating pets and are very hardy great talkers. Incubator hatched - hand fed babies are $900 each.

Since federal law prohibits keeping our native crows and ravens for pets, these exotics are a great alternative
http://www.geocities.com/corvidranch/index.htm

(the only way to keep a native crow or raven is with a wildlife permit but it can be done)................Jase

Old 06-12-2004, 04:11 PM   #15
Ernest
Re: Ravens and Crows Wanted

Quote:
Originally posted by Nichalia
Looking for Ravens and Crows! Younger is better.

Also looking for other relatively common wild birds.

Thanks!
Nichalia
How many you want?

Old 03-19-2005, 07:23 AM   #16
Daniel Walthers
White nape ravens

I have 2-female white nape ravens for sale breeders.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread