Inquiry REPTICON Show Series Exclusive Sponsorship Agreement with FL Chams - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
Serafim
I think this is wrong to limit how many people can sell certain animals at the show. It would be one show I would never attend if this is the way the operate.

One idea.. Could you buy say a normal ball python and maybe a leo and do the show then? It would not be strictly Chams then. Just a thought..

Old 03-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
Chris Anderson
Nic,

While I can see why you are frustrated not being able to vend at the show, to be honest with you, its seems more like you've simply had your feelings hurt then actually having been taken for any money, service or product. Your thread is looking for thoughts from others on a situation where no service or product was exchanged (your money was refunded before the show as is their right in the terms you agreed to when you tried to register). As such, this thread probably does not belong in the BOI, it belongs in either the "General Business Discussions" or the "Shows & Events" forum.

In my opinion, any debate on whether the deal Repticon has with FL Chams is good for the industry or whether it is in line with what shows are for is completely irrelevant. The bottom line is that its Billy's show and he can enter into whatever deals he wants with whomever he wants, he can let whomever he wants vend or not vend and he can put forward whatever terms he wants. His terms state that "Repticon reserves the right to make the final determination on whether any vendor or exhibitor may participate in a particular show" and when he decided he was not going to let you vend, your money was refunded. As such, you have not been taken for anything. No one has to agree or like what he does with his own show and no one has to attend if you disagree with his policies but this is really not a BOI matter, in my opinion.

Further, while you may be frustrated with FL Chams over the deal he struck with Repticon, bashing FL Chams is not appropriate in my opinion. Any issue you may have is with Repticon as ultimately, that is who you want to do business with, not FL Chams. If Repticon needed sponsorship, companies are only going to provide that increased funding if they somehow benefit from it. Repticon decided to allow FL Chams to be the sole chameleon-only breeder at the show in exchange for the added money for sponsorship status. That is between you and Repticon, not FL Chams.

Chris

Old 03-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #13
ForkedTung
Pure rubbish! Post their ( Repticon) info. and I will send them an email stating that:

I will boycott all of their shows until all animals/reptiles and breeders are fairly represented. Monopolies will not be tolerated!

Kinda sucks because I will be in Florida next month with some money!

Old 03-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #14
TylerStewart
I agree with Chris Anderson completely... I understand that it sucks to be on the recieving end, but it's not a deal between you and FLChams - it's a problem you have with a deal that Repticon made. For FLChams, it's a business decision that probably anybody in any breed would do if they were able to pull it off (as FLChams apparently was). For Repticon, it's a way to guarantee that they have a flashy chameleon vendor at ALL of their shows, which up to this point, they haven't had.

In my opinion, signing up 3 weeks prior to a show is far too late to even guarantee you could get in the door.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #15
Chameleon Kingdom
Chris, I understand your concern that this may not be in the right section, but before I posted the issue, I contacted WebSlave, asking where to put this, and he told me...

"Since the issue you describe appears to be business related, I would say that in my opinion the BOI would be the proper forum for you to post this within.

Thanks for asking beforehand."

Chris and Tyler, I understand you are both good friends with Mike, and I am sorry if this offends you, but the main issue brought up in this thread is the issue between me and Repticon. I simply stated that I was angry at Repticon, and Mike. I am only human, and chris to be honest, I have had my feelings hurt. I respected both party's until now, because I feel some are in this for other reasons. I have worked so hard on raising these animals, that when I am told I cant participate, I think anyone human would get upset about that. In my first post I asked for opinions on this issue and other users brought up Mike more than I have. Also, you two are probably aware of the fact that Chris of CLC used to do shows for 2 years for him for free...many of them by himself. Then after he had his OWN booth at the last show, and then Mike asks for exclusivity. Because of that, I am being victimized.

-Nic

Old 03-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #16
KNOBTAIL
Angry the problem is..........

where does it stop ! Does this mean that if another vendor shows there chameleons at there table, they will be asked to take them off.. How stupid could these promoters be to be so hard up to expose themselves to the anger of vendors who draw the people in the first place.......More importantly, where does it stop. Once you open the flood gates for one exclusivity then someone else is going to come along and feel entitled to the same thing.

This type of behavior is indicative of an attempt to protect those that are willing to purchase more tables to satisfy the necessary required amount to run a show.. The consequences are worth the wrath of the smaller dealer who may have to bow out.. At least thats what the promoters are hoping for. Very poor business ethics and certainly what goes around , comes around. The answer is simple. Boycott the shows.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #17
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Kingdom View Post
Three weeks before the show, I purchased 2 tables. My money went through, and shortly after, I received a refund from Billy Healy, saying "Thank you for your interest in our Columbia show, however we have entered a sponsorship agreement with FL Chams that prohibits the participation of another "chameleons only" exhibitor at our shows. We can not offer you space at this time." At that point, not only was I angry at Mike Monge at FL Chams for doing this, but Repticon to allow that to happen.

Sorry they did that to you but they do appear to have their butts covered in the fine print.

"Repticon reserves the right to make the final determination on whether any vendor or exhibitor may participate in a particular show."

Old 03-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #18
Chameleon Kingdom
Wraith, I have since seen that posted, but if you right click on that page, and select "View Page Info" you can see that the page was modified on March 14th at 4:08:33 PM. That wasnoton the terms when I signed up. I believe Billy added that info after our email correspondence, as the 14th was the date of the last email I sent him.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #19
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Kingdom View Post
Wraith, I have since seen that posted, but if you right click on that page, and select "View Page Info" you can see that the page was modified on March 14th at 4:08:33 PM. That wasnoton the terms when I signed up. I believe Billy added that info after our email correspondence, as the 14th was the date of the last email I sent him.
Which would also explain why the check was cashed in the first place, then the deal with the other breeder was made, then they dissed you.

Quote:
"Repticon reserves the right to make the final determination on whether any vendor or exhibitor may participate in a particular show."
I would think that contractually, once they cashed the check they were obligated to allow you to attend, I mean they took possession of your money for a service they contracted to provide...just poor business ethics at the very least.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #20
Vegas Chad
I can see it now...

Reptile show!!! Date: March 1-2. 10-6 come see the 7 booths! But don’t miss out next show where you can find the SAME thing. Or our next show where again, you can find the same thing again! Don’t wait, call today!

1 chameleon vendor
1 Turtle vendor
1 Tortoise vendor
1 snake vendor
1 spider vendor
1 cage vendor
1 supply vendor – They are out of what you need? Try the other booth. Whoops, you can’t!

It’s going to be an AWESOME SHOW!

Damn, LLL should work out a deal with all the show promoters. Instead of being just one vendor at shows they can BE the whole show since they have a little of everything. Only 1 ball pyathon breeder, Reptile depot cant come to shows that LLL is at, have something at your booth that another vendor has, sorry got to take it off.

I had better get on the phone to all the show promoters that I work with and try to work out this deal, im sure they will love and welcome it. That or laugh in my ear. Hmmmm wonder which it will be.?.?.?.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!