Bad Guy Ashley Caspillo trying to scam me - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #11
RobNJ
Sorry to hear about the troubles Matt, at least you found out sooner than later what was going on. Too bad there's people with zero integrity and honesty in this hobby. They don't contribute positively in any way.

As for Ashley, seems she has trouble keeping snakes alive. Too bad there's no way to completely blacklist her(and people like her) from our community. She was pretty active on FB reptile auctions back in January, but haven't seen here there in a while.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #12
chazzz
First I want to say I"m really sorry about the death of the snake, that really sucks!!
Matt I'm really sorry you're in such a screwed up situation and I hope it gets resolved!

One question I do have that will clear up some things at least from my perspective. Matt did you send Ashley just the one snake? If you did then it is obvious the snake was taken out of the box you sent the snake in or at least the box was opened upon arrival, and then had snakes added to the box or placed in another with other snakes. As stated from Mike's post the retic was in a styro with other snakes in bags.

Quote from Mike's post #8 above-
Quote:
There were several large snakes in pillowcases in the box so my best guess is that the graniteback had somehow gotten crushed/suffocated by one of the other snakes in transit.
I can't believe that someone would get a snake in without inspecting the snake (Like make sure it's alive!!) for a couple days then take it to a show to sell! What people do with their animals is there own business no matter how much I disagree or am appalled by their husbandry practices. I know no matter how much I rant and rave about husbandry practices it will just fall on deaf ears to some. But for those who are new and don't know any better need to hear this stuff. I am shocked and disgusted with Ashley's actions here and her previous accounts of selling animals possibly infected with IBD. Well I should say infected with IBD since she never thought it was important enough to share her so called test results with the community and people she sold snakes to. For someone in her position to be flipping snakes is a slap in the face to the whole community and could lead to much more devastating results to an unsuspecting buyer and their collection.

There are just to many aspects of this situation that are just horrific IMO!! At the top of the list is the intent to scam Matt since it's the topic of this thread. That and everything else just makes my head bleed, from the lack of quarantine to IBD and the death of this poor Retic! This topic is getting me all worked up so I'm going to back off from the keyboard for a while. I'm sure there will be plenty of people responding that have the same sentiments as I have.

One last thing I guess that profit that Ashley was looking to make by flipping this snake didn't go as planned. Maybe if she gave .02 cents about the animals well being she wouldn't have lost any money or killed a helpless snake that she was responsible for!!

Good luck Matt, and I'm glad you found out the truth before you refunded her any money!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:56 AM   #13
Ameivaboy
Quote:
Since some people were being babies about the smell I took the snake out and we got a picture to send to Matt.
Must ahve been dead at least a day or so if it started to stink....

Old 02-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #14
Adrya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
Since some people were being babies about the smell I took the snake out and we got a picture to send to Matt.
What smell? The smell of the dead snake?

How long had the snake been in that box with the other snakes after it was repackaged?

I'm asking because the snake would have had to be dead for 2 days or so at least before it really started stinking... and a day or so if the box had a heat pack in it or if the box was in a very warm environment (80F+ degrees)... temperatures at which the body would break down faster.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #15
DavidBeard
The fact that people still hang out with or associate with Ashley just baffles me.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #16
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
The fact that people still hang out with or associate with Ashley just baffles me.
This fact that Ashley doesn't realize or care how big she screwed up the FIRST time baffles me.

Oh well, that's 2 BOI threads within a year of each other on why you shouldn't do business with this demonstrably incompetent excuse for a keeper.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:07 AM   #17
Lucille
Is this the same Ashley?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...light=caspillo

Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #18
Adrya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Yes, this is the same Ashley.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #19
Tigger the Tiger
Exclamation

This is what was said on FB, as some of you may not be able to read it. We must also get the woman out of our hobby for good

Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #20
Wilomn
So, basically, cassidy is as much of a liar as ashley.

Well, that's good to know.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!