For all the Single Ladies - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: Would you consider a long distance relationship?
Yes (if we have enough in common to possibly make it work) 7 53.85%
No (I have no desire for a long distance relationship... no matter what we have in common) 3 23.08%
Other --- PLEASE make a post and explain 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #11
crissabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Absolutely! Of course, there has to be some chemistry, common interests, and plenty of communication first. But what the hell? The only regrets should be when one doesn't take a chance

Old 06-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #12
deborahbroadus
In general, I would have said, "No," because there's a certain breed of man that seems to be trying to "have his cake and eat it too."

However, to be honest, I met my last hubby online and not only were we in different states, we were different cultures

He drove down to my place every EVERY weekend to pick me up and take me to his place, and on weekends when he was too tired to make the trip both ways, he would stay at my place.

I LIVE online, this is my primary mode of communication, so he had his cell phone switched to accept texts, kept his yahoo, and other IM messengers open and we talked ALL the time.

These things he did made sure that trust issues did not arise in our relationship. So if two in a LD relationship are willing to invest that kind of time and effort into making it work, I do not see how distance could possibly be a major factor in developing enough trust to make the relationship work.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #13
Heart4Dragonz
"Other" I'd rather shoot myself in the face than fall for someone again. It's always WRONG.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #14
Mistyck
I've done the whole Long Distance Relationship thing, and it eventually didn't work out for me. I don't think I'd do it again, just because I like to be able to hold whoever I'm with, and have a touchy/feely relationship. I like to hold hands, kiss, hug, and with a LDR, you can't really do that. Plus I have a hard time trusting people, so I have a hard time with LDRs, just because I don't like having a feeling of trust possibly being broken. (Yes I had this happen to me with the LDR that I was in, which is why I don't trust hardly anyone any longer.) So I'd say OTHER, on this poll. It possibly could work, but more than likely I wouldn't go ahead with one.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart4Dragonz View Post
"Other" I'd rather shoot myself in the face than fall for someone again. It's always WRONG.
I feel bad for you. There IS a lot of wrong out there, but see here how a little piece of right is blossoming right here on our very own site.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #16
Heart4Dragonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I feel bad for you. There IS a lot of wrong out there, but see here how a little piece of right is blossoming right here on our very own site.
I can't trust someone that lives 10minutes away from me, to actually be loyal in a 3yr long relationship. Long Distance, I'm sure I'd be a paranoid mess.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
I can't trust someone that lives 10minutes away from me, to actually be loyal in a 3yr long relationship. Long Distance, I'm sure I'd be a paranoid mess.

Amanda, I hear a lot of hurt. And your feelings are valid. No one will push you, here, to go too fast. Be part of our group and make friends. The rest may or may not come, but it will come when you feel ready.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #18
Heart4Dragonz
Thanks Lucille, you're sweet.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
crissabella
Quote:
Thanks Lucille, you're sweet.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #20
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Amanda... let me impart a little bit of wisdom from my own life.

I was engaged... and it was a long distance relationship. While we were engaged I found out she was cheating on me with a married man. IT DESTROYED ME!!!

It has taken me 10 years to get to where I can trust a woman again with my heart. Please dont go down that same road I did. I have missed out on so much.... I even missed out on a wonderfull woman because I could not open up and let her in.

10 years later... and I am trying a long distance relationship again... and this time I think I have found a wonderful woman that will like me.... for me. It has taken me a long time to heal... but I am willing to open up and give her what remains of my heart.

Please dont shut yourself down completely. I have been there... and I wish to god I hadn't.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!