Where to start? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #11
Leighanne
Woah, woah, woah, let me explain! I meant being able to handle keeping her. I asked my questions. I was suspicious about being able to keep her, or being ready for her I mean because we've never been through a molt. I asked my questions though and you guys made me feel like we could handle the job, and Thank You for that.

I certainly didn't mean holding her. YEAH RIGHT!! Let me go smoke some crack first. JK lol She tagged the freaking Deli cup four times in a row. Shes a display critter we are hopefully giving a good life to. Pretties to look at not to touch. I must admit every once in awhile I handle Ermac. I know you don't condone it John and I am aware of the repercussions, but I just can't help myself with her. Rasta can stay in her tank and look pretty as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #12
John Apple
Heh heh heh I know....I was just ribbin ya a bit to be sure.
If you do handle ermac make sure it is over carpet or a bed or couch...something soft for it to fall on if the inevitable happens

Old 01-04-2007, 08:02 AM   #13
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Apple
Heh heh heh I know....I was just ribbin ya a bit to be sure.
Who me ?

I wouldn't do something like that.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #14
Leighanne
I have another zombie nightmare and wake up to you guys messin with me! Geesh! I thought you were messin after all my she freaks me out posts. Dand what in the world did you mean? Owning many T's for a long time would consumate that is inevitable to get bite. I almost want brownie points but then I don't. When she urificated on me a few days ago that was the first time I had held her in awhile. I believe since she cleaned her fangs on me because that was a reality check. Honestly I'd rather get bit by my Ball but shes just to sweet and docile for that. We do hold her over the bed and not for long and not to often. I would be the first person to fling. It is human reaction.

Jeff had to fling Rasta when we changed her. He was holding the deli cup and she did the spin around up to his finger. She grabbed his finger with her two front legs and tried pulling him closer when he let out a controlled fling. Theres flinging violently like your going to die and then theres the one fling. It worked and THANK GOD shes ok. I think if it would of been Ermac with her fat butt she would of fallen hard but Rastas small and light weight. Just another reason why I don't want to hold Ermac all the time and if I do its only for a minute. I'm not trying to kill my babies! It is awful wicked to have a big ol Spider on your hands though! So John, question. If you say no I'll think your lying. Mister over two hundred Spiders forever. Have you ever been bite, or held one maybe when you were younger?! Fess up!!

Old 01-04-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
John Apple
Oh yes I have and have learned my lesson. Lessee here, been bitten 4 Times.
Twice while holding and one was a rose hair and the other a Brachypelma smithi. One time cupping up Avicularia for Strictly reptiles in Florida 15 years ago. And the last time was three years ago removing a Brachypelma vagans from her hole in Ft. Pierce Florida [they are naturalised there]. Been stung about twenty or more times cupping up Emperor scorps[ out of many many hundred].
I use tongs for waste removal and the 'cup it' method I explained. For pokies and tree spiders I take the whloe cage to my tub remove the lid and let the spider run till it stops in the tub, then I 'cup it'
Oh and one more thing That is Mr. over 200 Tarantulas

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!