Bad Guy MarinaAlexis Zermeno AKA mazermeno1 of Houston TX - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #11
Michael Brown
I'm no expert in Blood pythons genetics could have played a roll in the money return, but....

This could have been avoided by shooting him a message (over facebook) which you and him made various back and forth messages. Could have been as simple as " I sent back your money, blah blah is'nt at 100% and I can't risk shipping"

Bam

No boi

To OP I believe you may have jumped the gun a bit eh. She seems rather reasonable, this is not uncommon actually... rather expected nowaday's with the reptile trade things happen, at very least you got your money back I would be extremely grateful for that you could have....

-Been without money and snake looking to get your money back for fraud...

-Been sent a sick snake and been forced to dump more $$ into a snake for vet, and Antibiotics.

Be grateful

Old 07-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #12
mazermeno1
sorry this one isn't on me. I work a lot and I don't have time to sit here on fauna or facebook all day to wait for replies. He's just trying to start problems for no reason. If you read the facebook messages he is perfectly fine with me giving him his refund back before notifiying him. He asked why I didn't notify him before hand and I gave him my reason which he understood perfectly. I've posted a picture of the paypal refund which was done at 6:58pm. The facebook message was sent at 7:03. I could not risk messaging him and not giving him his refund till he was okay with it. I did that once and the lady started cussing me out and started accusing me of trying to steal her money (why would i want to go through with that again). I didn't get off till 6 in the morning that day so by the time I would have replied back to him it would have been around 3 in the afternoon. Which would you prefer.....getting a refund and an explanation 5 minutes later or for me to let you know somethings wrong with the snake and no refund or shipment of the snake that day? Wouldn't that have made me look even more suspicious?! I don't see the reason for this posting. Its crazy. He's mad because I gave him a full refund and didn't ship him a sick snake? Isn't that the right thing to do? or should i have took his money and sent him a sick snake? This is ridiculous.
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #13
mazermeno1
Oh and the first reason to me giving a refund is because she was "not as described". I put on the posting that she was very docile and right now (due to her infection) shes not handable at all. She is very nippy. A refund was needed. I'm thinking that if i would have shipped him the snake and she would have bit him and been sick at the same time he could have turned around and fought for his money back. Either way he was most likely going to post a boi. I know I'm not in the wrong because people have been instant messaging me on facebook to let me know that they are going to make sure not to sell to this guy because of the way he is. I just hate that he had to do it to me for everyone to find out.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #14
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazermeno1 View Post
I know I'm not in the wrong because people have been instant messaging me on facebook to let me know that they are going to make sure not to sell to this guy because of the way he is.
Right and wrong should not be determined by popular opinion.
When you do a paypal transaction, isn't there a space for a message there somewhere?

Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #15
Michael Brown
I see your point of view. If you suspected something wrong with the snake as it had always been timid, and wanted to keep it in your possession to figure out what was wrong than that IMO is perfectly okay and you DID message him and let him know. (after he messaged you)

But I bet my bottom dollar it took twice as long to cancel a payment on paypal than it wud have been to shoot him a message prior to cancel payment

Old 07-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #16
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazermeno1 View Post
sorry this one isn't on me. I work a lot and I don't have time to sit here on fauna or facebook all day to wait for replies.
If you don't have time for customer service you picked the wrong biz.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #17
Wolfy-hound
Sounds like miscommunication.

When you switched stories of "the snake bit me" to "the snake is sick" it sounded suspicious. I can see how the snake being sick might make it crankier, so it was biting which made you stop the sale(understandable) then you found out that it was biting BECAUSE it's sick. I don't see that you as the seller did anything wrong.

But the communication went slightly awry. You had good reason both to refund instantly - then explain. You had good reason to negate the sale. But the buyer didn't quite get the story correctly and misunderstood. I would have been irked myself if given that sequence of varying explanations too. I doubt I'd start a BOI without further talking though.

To the buyer, stating that you want to buy the snake when it's sick isn't thinking of the best interest of the animal. Shipping a sick animal puts a lot more stress on the animal which could easily turn a slight infection into a full blown RI or even kill the snake. Would you have been happy if the ill snake arrived dead from shipping stess or died a few days later from a massive RI? Or would you insist on your money back?

Old 07-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #18
mazermeno1
if you look under the paypal memo. i said issue with snake here is your refund. I do have time for customer service. Obviously I've been doing okay because I don't have other bad posts about me. I've never really had to deal with any customers with concerns. People are always happy about their items. I sent him a refund and messaged him 5 minutes later! He said he still wanted it even though it was nippy. Okay i understand that, but Im NOT selling a snake that isn't in perfect health (which she isn't). I don't see why im being accused of doing something wrong...I sent a refund and not a sick snake.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #19
David Scarboro
If you will go back and look at your 1st post in this thread, You called the OP an idiot and told him "to get off fauna". Not exactly the best way to handle this. Maybe you want to rethink your approach. Something like, I'm sorry you feel that way, and maybe we can work something out when the animal is well enough to ship, might have worked better. I don't think you are helping yourself any with the attitude.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #20
David Scarboro
Also

In your 2nd post #7 you said he's not man enough to tell you about the thread? Whose true colors are showing now? Maybe you should quit while you are ahead, or at least not too far under.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!