Bad Guy Tara Reed / ThirdCoast Exotics, Traverse City, MI - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #11
Magic
Brandon: Be prepared to ship the snake back to her in order to get your refund. By saying "prepared" I mean video him in great condition, video him being packed up, video the address printed correctly on the box......seriously practice some "cover your butt".

Do not give her the opportunity to dispute anything!

Old 03-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #12
NIGRO51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Brandon: Be prepared to ship the snake back to her in order to get your refund. By saying "prepared" I mean video him in great condition, video him being packed up, video the address printed correctly on the box......seriously practice some "cover your butt".

Do not give her the opportunity to dispute anything!
I wouldnt send the snake back without a full refund first. What is to stop her from getting the snake and keeping the money?

Old 03-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #13
NIGRO51
Since she hasn't logged on I also sent her an email.

Facebook seems to be the new craigslist and I would advise against purchasing from people on there especially if you haven't done any research on the person. Even at that point they would need 100% customer satisfaction for me to even consider it. Its kinda like eBay and if they aren't a power seller with a great rep I don't even look.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #14
Magic
In the two times I have had to file claims with PayPal, I was required to provide tracking info that showed I sent the critter back in order for Paypal to issue my reimbursement.

Don't send without that PayPal email though!

But a little knowledge, follow my advice when you do send her back. 100% says she will try to say the snake arrived in bad condition or pin something on you that isn't true.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #15
airtight_python
The original ad was here on Fauna, I later found the photos on facebook to share here.

Magic, I definately will keep all of what you've said in mind. Thank you for that reminder also.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #16
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGRO51 View Post
I wouldnt send the snake back without a full refund first. What is to stop her from getting the snake and keeping the money?
Dont work that way with Paypal. Once tracking of said item is returned the seller has 7 days to refund the money or paypal will. Once dispute is put in place, her account is frozen and all money is locked till claim is over.

Buyer must return according to PP TOS inorder to get money back.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
treeboa
Yep, Rich is right. You were sent a snake and received it. According to PayPal she did her part, wrongly sexed or not. You wll have to send it back first. Definitely follow the advice of documentng the whole thing so she can't pull any BS, though. Good luck!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #18
airtight_python
Well folks, bad guy wins once again. PayPal was "unable to decide the claim in my favor."

Old 03-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #19
airtight_python
Tara has yet to ever contact me.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #20
RichsBallPythons
If you paid with a CC or bank Card, go though them. I never deal with Paypal as they dont give a crap about you as sellers most time. To refund the money they lose their cut on the sale and they hate that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!