PetCo Sucks!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #11
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I was talking about the reptiles, lol. but I have seen that, and it is pretty disgusting
Aren't you being a little greedy with your demands....

Old 09-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #12
Junkyard
PETA does not support reptiles in the wild....they will kill the snake to save the mouse any day, they purposly run snakes over. As my wife was told by a PETA director.

Though I must admit I am a part of PETA(People Eating Tasty Animals).

Old 09-06-2005, 03:57 PM   #13
DragonCharm
I might be retarded but aren't snakes living creatures as well? Are they not animals? Are they vegatables....no. Minerals.....no. That means they are animals.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #14
kiote9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCharm
I might be retarded but aren't snakes living creatures as well? Are they not animals? Are they vegatables....no. Minerals.....no. That means they are animals.
No, you are not correct in your assumption.

Predatory animals that have no fur and eat furry things are the devil. It seems the fur makes the difference. They abuse the heck out of dogs and cats and have no concept of the actual workings of nature, but a shrew has more value than any snow boa or Mojave ball python. Cornsnakes? Don't even start... Some predatory birds are of value, but most are not.

I like the People Eating Tasty Animals website. If you want to have some fun send PETA members pictures of meat hats ( www.hatsofmeat.com ) and invite them to come to a Hats Of Meat Fashion Expo.

When I worked in research we were watched constantly to make sure the animals were treated humanely. There was an animal welfare department in the company. There was no employee welfare department! PETA still picketed.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:34 PM   #15
DragonCharm
It's probably a religious issue. For milleniums Christians have told everyone snakes are a symbol of evil. Not because they thought they really were but that they were a positive symbol to pagans and druids.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:38 PM   #16
Junkyard
Yet Moses used snakes for the symbol of healing. Oh how the minds of people work.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:49 PM   #17
Matt Haines
Well, religions of all kinds are full of hypocrisy.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:00 PM   #18
pogonadragon
OT: Christianity itself isn't full of hypocrisy, just full of humans (ie. hypocrits)... me being one of the biggest probably!

Sad thing is (back onto the PetCo thing) my hubby and I financially support PetKill by buying our dogs food from them... also, we peeked in on the baby half dead dragons and it was PITIFUL! One was on the fake plant in the enclosure, almost as black as our adult males beard and looking as un beardie like as possible... they always have them on calci sand and when I went in there to tell them their husbandry was poor to say the least (about 2 years ago) the large manager woman told me that the vet who comes in to look at their animals says their husbandry is perfect... BULL! I used to use that vet at that same time and she adamently said beardies should preferably be kept on paper towel...
anyways, that's just my experience.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:05 AM   #19
Matt Haines
My better half Shannon (being a dog groomer for Petco) informed me that feeding of mealworms is corporate policy and can not be changed at the store level. So suggestions as to proper care of these animals would be better directed to their corporate hq rather than the store managers/employees. Store level associates have no control over it.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:12 AM   #20
CheriS
Dr Dan Wentz has told them the vitasand/calcisand is not safe for these tiny 2-3 week old babies they buy and also that the mealworms are killing them. Dr Wentz has probably done more in depth research into bearded dragons in the US than anyone. He is the man that developed the fetal protocol test for adenovirus in bearded dragons.... yet they will not even listen to him. They have some other vet at corporate that is the one that advises these killing methods they use in the store.

A PetCo (DeathCo) just openeds in Sarasota 2 weeks ago and I have been in their twice, both times there was at least one baby dragon in the process of dying from impaction and 2-4 others covered with sand all over their mouths. Both babies did end up dying. I talked to a "clerk" the first time and she said she would call the manger and get the baby to a vet (it never happened) the next time I talked to the manager myself..... what a loser she was. She knows nothing about the animals, less about what the staff is doing and frankly she could care less to hear anything about proper care.

The place is disgusting and have been cited for poor care of their animals numerous times and taken to count by many groups.... just put in abuse neglect petco in the search engines and plan on spending sometime reading. I refuse to buy anything there, to me it is supporting them in their death pursuit of animals.

MANY people have make each store and corporate aware there are problems, they know the animals are dying... at least on the local store level.... but they do nothing about something that could be fixed easily with proper care and WORSE, they are teaching others improper care and how they too can take an animal and kill it.

Thats called Abuse and Neglect, they should be banned from selling live animals.... or maybe that should be mostly dying ones. I also have no respect for the breeders that sell them animals and will not support those either

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!