Bad Guy Dartanya Hausburg / GW Reptiles - Breeding Loan Gone Bad - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #11
JordanAng420
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
There is nothing wrong with a vendor having other peoples animals on their table.
I'm pretty sure there is when one does not follow the show's guidelines in properly doing so...

Old 10-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #12
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakechaarmer View Post
If you want to attack me and say that my animals are gone and I got what I deserved for sharing a corner of a table at a show, I think your priorities and morals are a bit out of whack, personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python Dreams View Post
lanceheads,
That has to be the most moronic post I have read in awhile! Good job!
This isn't exactly front page news around here.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:49 PM   #13
brd7666
[quote=LauraB;796735]Just to clarify, not to judge : http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/rules.html

"Only official exhibitors are permitted to sell at the Expo."

"One Exhibitor badge is included with each table purchased. One additional badge may be purchased per table for $10. No table may have more than 2 badges assigned to it. All badges will have the name of the person, not the company."

If an exhibitor brings the animals with him at first set up and sells them as his during the show,and makes a commision, there is nothing wrong with it. The actual owner of the animals should not be involved with the sale of them. If done properly there is nothing wrong with it. This is something that happens at every show and a lot more then you think.

Brian Dierking

Old 10-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #14
brd7666
The quote didn't work right in my last post. I was quoting laurab in part of that.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #15
LauraB
Quote:
If an exhibitor brings the animals with him at first set up and sells them as his during the show,and makes a commision, there is nothing wrong with it. The actual owner of the animals should not be involved with the sale of them
I know it happens all the time; it still is NOT the intention of the show owners/promoters for it to happen. I only quoted the rules, which are readily available for anyone to read.

The OP said, "I see nothing wrong with asking someone who I thought was a friend make space for a few hatchlings" That tells me the vendor did not bring the animals.

I do think it's total and complete BS and thievery that Dartanya Hausburg should not fulfill his end of the breeder loan, demand $650 for table space and not return her snakes ASAP. I do think the OP should consult an attorney and hopefully at least get her snakes returned in perfect health without delay. I do believe when one does not follow the old CYA rule from the get-go and follow protocol (and some common sense), then one tends to be in something of a pickle when stuff happens. I do think Dartanya Hausburg deserves a Bad Guy thread if the OP is being truthful (and there is no reason not to believe she is at this point).

I ain't the bad guy here, just the messenger

Old 10-19-2009, 02:59 AM   #16
critical bill
Quote:
I don't know if there's anything I can do legally, but he has my babies. I have no idea what to do.
You can send a demand letter through your attorney. That should cost you around $400.00. Then if he doesn't respond or give you back your property you could start a lawsuit. That could cost you around $350.00 to $450.00 to file with the court. Then you'll need an attorney to represent you and that is going to run in the thousands. And then, without anything in writing, he could say I don't have anything that belongs to this person and your case is simply dismissed. He could actually counter sue you - and win.

Your best bet is to contact his local police dept. Explain the situation and ask them to accompany you to pick up your animals. Your only hope in this is that he will say something that would indicate to the officers of his having or having had your snakes in his possession. Even if he refuses to give them back at the officers request, you will now have a report that you can use in court and hopefully win your snakes back. If he wants his money it will be on him to produce a contract or bills outstanding that he claims you owe him.

And all of this means a hill of beans if he is reading along.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #17
snakechaarmer
Unhappy

Thanks for this advice, but really, this is somewhere I don't even want to go. Dartanya is someone that I thought was a friend, someone that I could depend on. It's making me sad that he's behaving this way toward me, and has innocent animals in the mix of it, and for reasons that I absolutely can't figure out. I never would have thought him a person to behave this way.

If he doesn't want to bring feeders weekly, that's fine. But don't commit to something, not perform your end of the agreement, and try and extort the other person and lie about the situation.
If he would be willing to negotiate calmly and rationally without trying to extort me for money and fabricate things that were never a part of reality, and would just give me back my animals unharmed, or give them to a reputable person to return to me, and forget about all of this nonsense, I'd be willing to delete the thread and call it a day, and chalk up his behavior to being drunk or having a bad day, or whatever.

But as such since he has not responded to my attempts at private contact or this thread, I am still at a loss and quite sad. It shouldn't have even had to go this far to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
You can send a demand letter through your attorney. That should cost you around $400.00. Then if he doesn't respond or give you back your property you could start a lawsuit. That could cost you around $350.00 to $450.00 to file with the court. Then you'll need an attorney to represent you and that is going to run in the thousands. And then, without anything in writing, he could say I don't have anything that belongs to this person and your case is simply dismissed. He could actually counter sue you - and win.

Your best bet is to contact his local police dept. Explain the situation and ask them to accompany you to pick up your animals. Your only hope in this is that he will say something that would indicate to the officers of his having or having had your snakes in his possession. Even if he refuses to give them back at the officers request, you will now have a report that you can use in court and hopefully win your snakes back. If he wants his money it will be on him to produce a contract or bills outstanding that he claims you owe him.

And all of this means a hill of beans if he is reading along.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #18
critical bill
Quote:
If he would be willing to negotiate calmly and rationally without trying to extort me for money and fabricate things that were never a part of reality, and would just give me back my animals unharmed, or give them to a reputable person to return to me, and forget about all of this nonsense, I'd be willing to delete the thread and call it a day, and chalk up his behavior to being drunk or having a bad day, or whatever.
You cannot delete a thread you create in the BOI forum. Its here to stay.

And your sticking up for a really great guy.

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/0..._2796883.shtml

Scroll down about half way. Dartanya Lamont Hausburg, 33, Fruit Cove Charge: domestic battery. (SJCSO)

Was that his ex-wife or his girlfriend he beat up on? Maybe he was just drunk or having a bad day? You go ahead and try to negotiate calmly and rationally with him and let us know how that works out for ya.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #19
critical bill
Even his former partner seems like a real peach.

http://www.ocala.com/article/2008062...06210311/0/APP

Old 10-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #20
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
Well I see one thing wrong. GW Reptiles let you put animals on their table at Daytona. Since you were NOT the vendor at the show that is a

As a show promoter, I DO NOT allow that, and I will confiscate animals from a table that is NOT the vendor's animals who PAID for the table.

I am sure Wayne Hill will take note of that in the future, and not allow GW Reptiles or you to vend at the show.

People like you (sneaking animals in a show) or GW Reptiles ALLOWING
animals that or not theirs, is UN-FAIRto the other vendors who paid their hard earned money for a table(s) for their animals and you snakechaamer, are a cheat and shouldn't be believed

You get what you deserved Leigh, pay them the $650.00 for table space.
My decision is rendered.

Randal Berry
What do you do with all of the vendors who sell animals that they didn't produce? Do you confiscate those animals? Do you not allow them to vend at your shows? I would estimate 75% of vendors at every show have at least one animal on their table they themselves did not produce...You or I just don't know it.

Continue....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!