Bad Store - Wild Cargo - West Palm Beach, FL - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #11
CJReptiles
The origional post was in 2004, Hillary owns the store now and it is A-OK..

Old 11-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
wildcargopets
straight from the horses mouth....

[quote=petemcgee;653638]hey .. i agree with ron dupont being a scumbag to his animals but in all fairness since he gave the store over to his daughter the store has never looked better.

this is the "scum bag" son in law that runs it. Listen.. forty years in business and I'm sure there's some critics out there.. I was actually a customer when I was just a small boy. None of us like what Ron turned into.. you don't even know the half of it. But even I will give him credit for being one of the originators of the industry.. be it that said... Ron never changed with the times.. thus succumbing his own demise. Still though much is to be said about 40 years plus of business. Many people in the south Florida hobby have had a start with Ron.. learned from his "herpetology" when there was no such or very few studies there of. We often forget that Ron is as old as the dinosaurs, as is his herpetology practices. The fact is he ran the store in the ground and didn't pay rent or taxes for 6 months before he sold his problem to his daughter. His daughter continued to pay him and catch up on taxes and rent to stay current meanwhile running the whole business of ordering, payroll, bills, having two kids in two years.. we've absolutely been through the finger. I take full credit for any of my mistakes but most of the stores shortcomings are the aftermath of a certain Ronald dupont. Not to be confused with Aaron and Hillary Joyce. We love our animals and try very hard to take care of them. Anybody with something to sAy is more than welcome to sAy it at the shop or give us a call instead of cowardly posting behind thier screen names at the comfort of thier home. Since Hillary and I have been running it there has been of course the raving lunitic that no one can make happy, like the lady who got kicked out of our store for trying to poop on the floor- yes, it really happened- she swore shed never shop with us again.. too bad. Well miss her? But all in all everyone who is currently a customer is quite happy. Please stop in and check us out or give us a call 561-687-5055. And check out our competitors too. Ben Siegel, underground reptiles, tanks alot aquariums for salt water livestock etc. Tom crutchfield... all wonderful people and businesses. And leave your ideas of captive animal husbandry and maintence at home. You have no idea what it takes to run a multi faceted animal business. Much different than having a snake or a lizard at your private residence. People in this industry love animals not money. Speaking of money.. be sure to check out mark mccarthys animal sanctuary in royal palm beach and donate to the upkeep of the most prestigious animal facility in palm beach county.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #13
JudyC
Aaron, I didn't see anyone calling you a "scum bag"....apparently just the original owner was considered such. The thread originated SIX years ago, and it's apparent that the store has since changed owners and management and is just fine now. There haven't been any recent complaints at all...at least not here. Only a couple of positive comments pointing out the new management, which you are apparently a part of.

I have no doubt that the challenges of keeping an operation like that both healthy for the animals AND profitable for the owners is difficult. Kudos for being willing to do what it takes.

If I ever live in South Florida, I would certainly stop in for a peek and a browse!

Old 11-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #14
exoticsdr
Is he a veterinarian? If not, sounds like he was practicing veterinary medicine without a license. Guess, he may have been able to get away with it if he wasn't charging.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #15
Bobby Douglass
Aaron, your post doesn't make any sense. The veiled threats are silly, especially since the person you quoted said the same thing you did, just in a lot fewer words. You tell people to leave their husbandry ideas at home, do you think you already know everything there is to know about it and can't possibly learn from anyone?

Old 01-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #16
bx718
any updates on this store?

Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
SugarFox03
I frequent this store, as I have for years. I went there when I was a kid with my dad (let's not go there how long ago it was...) Anyway! The store is now owned by Hillary and her husband Aaron. Both incredibly nice people, and the animals are always very well cared for. I'm a stickler for health herps, and I have reported local 'big box' stores for subpar care and unhealthy animals. I would not hesitate to buy an animal or dry goods, from Wild Cargo. Please don't base your opinions on this store on a post made 9 years ago. The store is nowhere the same.

Melody Owens
West Palm Beach, FL

Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #18
outsdr2
Thanks Melody for the update. I know longer live in South Florida but it is good to know things have turned for the better.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
Ron Allen
WC is very involved with the local Herp Society, and are able to draw on that wealth of knowledge. Animal care has improved, cleanliness is very good, prices still suck, (typical for the retail side though) The store has steadily improved from the time I moved here in 2004 every year. I do not mind going in for the odd live feeder now and then.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!