If someone shipped to you this way, what would you do? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
Shadera
Quote:
shadera, shipping both snakes in one box to clarksburg will be $59.
And that is what I paid. From NY, NY to here.

They were picked up yesterday afternoon at about one to be drug around in that truck until they were dropped off to be shipped, then spent the entire morning and part of the afternoon on the delivery truck here. It does get incredibly hot in those trucks, and the freight area isn't temp controlled.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #12
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
And that is what I paid. From NY, NY to here.

They were picked up yesterday afternoon at about one to be drug around in that truck until they were dropped off to be shipped, then spent the entire morning and part of the afternoon on the delivery truck here. It does get incredibly hot in those trucks, and the freight area isn't temp controlled.
wow again. I get really good rates at fedex so im not sure of retail rates but I would guess no more than $50 for priority. Seems he is making profit on shipping at the animal's expense. I drop off as late as I can. My local hub is 8:30 for the last expess drop off. I never box before 5pm or drop before 6pm. What a joker.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #13
Wolfy-hound
I have no problem with overnight shipping. My local place closes at 6pm, but the last pick up is 5pm. I get the box there after 4pm, and it goes overnight to the buyer, without any issues.

*I* however use a proper styrofoam insert box, and heat or cold packs as necasary.

$59 sounds about right, depending on the size/weight of the box. But I'd never think of shipping snakes in a uninsulated box, in a cell phone box. That's crazy.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #14
Tiger Lilly
Please let us know when you get the B.O.I. thread posted?
I'd really like to know more details and see the photos.
I hope the snakes are all ok in the end.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #15
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
I have no problem with overnight shipping. My local place closes at 6pm, but the last pick up is 5pm. I get the box there after 4pm, and it goes overnight to the buyer, without any issues.

*I* however use a proper styrofoam insert box, and heat or cold packs as necasary.

$59 sounds about right, depending on the size/weight of the box. But I'd never think of shipping snakes in a uninsulated box, in a cell phone box. That's crazy.
Standard overnight shipping? I have a problem with using a service that doesn't guarantee delivery until late afternoon. I'm not ok with an animal sitting on a truck all day. I ran the info through UPS.com using Shadera's zip and mine as the shipper (close enough to where this guy is):

5 lbs package in a 12 x 9 x 6 box:

Next Day Air (by 10:30) $50.43
Next Day Air Saver (by 3:00) $46.23

He saved a whopping $4 (or thereabouts), still charged her $59 and risked the animal's lives. No excuse...

Old 07-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #16
jglass38
I would bet that if he ships hundreds of snakes that his discount with UPS is pretty good so that rate would be even lower. I put that in without even logging in and applying my UPS discount.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #17
Brih099
If he shipped through shipyourreptiles, it would have arrived by 10:30, and he would haved saved 30%. The only next day air option w/ shipyoureptiles is guaranteed to arrive by 10:30, because thats the BEST way to ship for live shipments. I've never heard of anyone shipping a live animal normal overnight. I hope your snakes turn out OK.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #18
Wolfy-hound
Aahhh yes.. that wonderful guarentee of arrival at 10:30am. My last package did not arrive until mid-afternoon, and the last 4 packages that were shipped TO me did not arrive until early afternoon, all despite the 10:30 guarentee.
I always choose that too, I've just never had it work. So I consider that to be "overnight", even if it's listed as "by 10:30am overnight".

Old 07-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #19
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
Aahhh yes.. that wonderful guarentee of arrival at 10:30am. My last package did not arrive until mid-afternoon, and the last 4 packages that were shipped TO me did not arrive until early afternoon, all despite the 10:30 guarentee.
I always choose that too, I've just never had it work. So I consider that to be "overnight", even if it's listed as "by 10:30am overnight".
I guess it depends where you live. I have never had a 10:30 AM Priority package not get delivered by 10:30. It also doesn't excuse it.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #20
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
Standard overnight shipping? I have a problem with using a service that doesn't guarantee delivery until late afternoon. I'm not ok with an animal sitting on a truck all day. I ran the info through UPS.com using Shadera's zip and mine as the shipper (close enough to where this guy is):

5 lbs package in a 12 x 9 x 6 box:

Next Day Air (by 10:30) $50.43
Next Day Air Saver (by 3:00) $46.23

He saved a whopping $4 (or thereabouts), still charged her $59 and risked the animal's lives. No excuse...

No matter what a shipper sends animals to me by, i NEVER get them early morning where i live.

My driver , on the other hand, keeps my animals up front with him. We are very friendly and hes an awesome driver. UPS will do the same for me if its my regular driver.

Depends on the area for that service. There are a bunch of threads on the forums about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!