ETBs or GTP? Help - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Arboreal Boas/Pythons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 10:56 PM   #11
robin d.
of the two your best bet would be a green tree python... but a cbb (best bet for sure) or avery well started and established ch juv from dealers with reputible names and deal only in quality animals (same goes for the cbb), would be what you would want to chose from... as far as localities... it's gonna be what you like... some are more testy than others but any locale can have nastey attitudes as well as some typically nastey tempered locales can have some with better dispositions... you honestly never know... pick what you like... the thing about cbb gtp's is that you can see what mom and pop look like so you have an idea on how your animal might turn out eventually.... this is not the case with CH of course

Old 07-30-2004, 05:52 PM   #12
saavvy1
Chondro or Emerald

I've owned both species in the past. I currently still own and breed GTP's.
I also prefer Emeralds over GTP's, but, in my opinion, Green Tree Pythons are easier to care for, and I'd even say a bit friendlier.
I've never been bitten by either species, but feel more comfortable handling GTP's. Maybe it's just the size over those chompers on an Emerald - I don't know.
As far as feeding, I had some problems with my Emeralds early on - actually, 1 died on my cuz it wouldn't keep anything down (had to tube feed him it was so bad), but after some persistence, they took off fine. It is important to note that my Emeralds were WC back then (nobody was doing CB Emeralds at the time).
My GTPs eat well for me - never had to force feed or anything, but maybe I just got lucky. They are all CBB, and yes, while CBB Green trees cost a bit more than WC, it is well worth the extra money spent.
Hope this helps you out a little - whichever you decide to get, best of luck with them - both species are awesome when displayed properly.

Scott

Old 07-30-2004, 06:38 PM   #13
Noah's Boas
Hello everyone - I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I kind of feel like my favorite arboreal is being under-estimated. I have been working with Emerald Tree Boas for nearly 15 years and have nothing but great things to say about them. I can go into any one of my arboreal's cages during daylight hours and handle them safely without getting bit. Don't get me wrong, chondros are nice arboreals too (I have a 1.2 myself), but as babies they are smaller and certainly more fragile than an Emerald baby. At least in my opinion and experience. Therefore, I would feel confident suggesting an Emerald for someone's first arboreal, provided that it is captive bred and born only (I can't stress that enough), and that it is from a reputable breeder. Keep in mind that you do get what you pay for in this market. I know sometimes that LTCs look inviting because they are a little more reasonably priced, but with the added vet bills and preventative measures one must take, in the end you probably end up paying close to the same amount of money as if you had bought a C.B.B. from a reputable breeder. However, I have to stress caution. I starting out with only a pair and look where I ended up - with a collection 40 strong (and still growing)! Emeralds are addicting!

Good luck with whatever arboreal you choose! If you need help finding a reputable breeder of either Emeralds or Chondros, please let me know. I have met many great friends and breeders during the last 15 years, all of which are good people to do business with and that we have done business with ourselves.

Regards,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread