CMG/Chris Guida/Bad guy - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-22-2004, 04:15 PM   #11
JunglePaul
Good post, Alvaro! The identification system sounds excellent.

Paul

Old 05-22-2004, 05:03 PM   #12
strayvoltage
No Paper Work For Three Months?

How can anyone justify not sending paperwork out for three months?

Old 05-22-2004, 09:01 PM   #13
DominicAnthony
CMG sold him a pair of het. pieds....RP sold that pair to more then one person....so some of the people that bought a pair of het. pieds from RP bought normals.....CMG won't send the paper work because he's afraid that RP will use it to verify all the normals that he sold as hets., and if he does and these people find out that they bought normals when they are papered from CMG then they will blame CMG and say that it is fault and that he is a scammer....So that is why CMG hasn't sent out the paper work...I haven't even done any business with Chris but I have talked to him numerous times on the phone....If I have a question about how to incubate or breed something or anything about ball pythons I'll e-mail him and he will e-mail me back or call me to talk about it....I haven't bought anything from him yet, but now after talking to him on the phone numerous times he has a list of animals that he is holding for me that I am picking up in Daytona in August....So there is the story of why no papers were sent out and if you do look up RP on the BOI there are pgs. of bad business deals about him...Also if you look up CMG you will see pgs. of bad stuff about him, but from people that didn't even buy anything from him....The ones that did buy something from him posted good comments about him, minus RP.....You guys can read and believe what you want, but honestly the BOI and Fauna is a joke...There is no regulation here...people start these threads with no proof or can't provide any ...or one minor thing happens and they slander the crap out of that person...look up Ben Siegel reptiles....I've been doing business with them for 3 yrs. (his store is a mile from my house) and nothing but good business has come from it...he has one of the best guarentees around..then do a search on him on the BOI and there is a thread about him doing a bad deal...you know when you do 10's of thousands of transactions a yr. I am sure some of them go sour (animal dies, shows up late, etc.) but he is always quick to fix..but that person didn't care they just want to slander him......Look at the stuff CMG is selling....none of it is crap..u don't see him selling normal '04 ch females with more orange than usual as a new morph or as a $200 female when it is really a $7 ch ball from ghana..those are the people doing that on here and on ks that should be the ones getting slander...they are diliberately ripping people off and they know it....they get an order in of 500 or 1,000 ch balls from ghana and pick threw them slapping any name on them they can so they can get $150-200 for a $7 ch animal (burnt orange, tiger like- pastel-ish).. it is either a morph or it is not..there is no inbetween...sorry for the long post but I seldom post in here cuz a lot of it is just crap......enjoy.

Old 05-22-2004, 10:00 PM   #14
robms007
first off Dominic you don't know what the hell you are talking about I never sold a pair of het pieds 2 anyone so please keep your 2 cents out Chris and I have resolved the problem and he is sending the paperwork.

Old 05-22-2004, 10:18 PM   #15
Glenn Bartley
The following is my opinion on this matter:

Quote:
So that is why CMG hasn't sent out the paper work...
Sorry but I must say in my opinion your whole explanation as to why Chris did not send out the promised paperwork is absolute full of holes. He was supposed to have sent out the paper with the animals. On three separate deals, as I recall (hopefully I counted correctly), he has been accused of not sending out the paperwork with the animals as promised. What happens to the animals after they are received by the person who buys them from Mr. Guida is absolutely none of his concern so long as they are not misrepresented. Mr. Guida, in my opinion, seems to believe that many people to whom he sells are trying to perpetrate some scheme; I say this because of the number of people complaining about his failure to forward the paperwork WITH the animals as promised in the deals he made with these people.

So he promises paperwork will be sent with the animals as in at the same time as the animals. Then weeks go by in which someone he sold snakes to sells those same snakes. Then Mr. Guida says in essence: oh well I did not send out the paperwork because this guy is pulling a scam. That is a little late to make up conspiracy theories about why the paperwork was not sent out in the first place WITH the animals as it had been promised. In my opinion, Mr. Guida is possibly perpetrating a scam by waiting for any excuse to try and blame his customers for the reason he failed to send the promised paperwork - maybe or maybe not. If that is what is happening, then that is, in my opinion, bad stuff pure and simple. Of course, Mr. Guida will deny this is the case, however the evidence seems to be building against him. There was one post in another thread, a few weeks ago or so, with a similar claim by a fellow named Bill Rodriguez. Click on his name to link to that thread and the page on which his post appeared (page 10 of that thread). Mr. Rodriguez finally got his paperwork after a long wait and only after he brought up the missing paperwork on the BOI. Why did it take so darned long to receive. Read that thread and look at the excuses given, they seemed then as way too lame to some, and probably seem lamer now because of additional people claiming basically the same foul by Mr. Guida.

Then this current thread popped up, but only after Mr. Guida first posted a thread bad mouthing Mr. Penissi. Funny though how all of Mr. Guida's claims about the things Mr. Penissi supposedly perpetrated were after the fact of the alleged missing paperwork. In other words Mr. Penissi already contacted or tried to contact Mr. Guida to get the paperwork that did not arrive as promised. If I understood correctly, only after those attempts by Mr. Penissi did Mr. Guida allege that Mr. Penissi had done wrong. Hmm, Mr. Penissi asks for the paperwork that was supposed be sent out WITH the animals, and Mr. Guida delays it. Then after he delays it long enough to discover that Mr. Guida has disposed of the animals which are now Mr. Penissi's to do with as he pleases, Mr. Guida suddenly comes up with a theory that Mr. Penissi's selling of the animals is the reason he never sent out the paperwork in the first place! Come now, timing is everything, and the timing here is a bit skewed or should I say warped, isn't it. Is there a pattern forming of Mr. Guida not sending out paperwork as promised? Well if you believe in the saying three strikes and you're out - read on///

If I am not mistaken, there was yet another thread recently posted about missing paperwork that Mr. Guida had allegedly promised would arrive WITH the animals, but which allegedly did not get sent WITH the animals. This thread was a bit misplaced by the thread starter over in the General BS forum. (NOTE TO WEBMASTER - maybe that one should be moved to the BOI) Here is a link to that other complaint against Mr. Guida:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...umdisplay.php?

So once again, if I got it right, someone is asking for the promised paperwork that did not get sent as promised WITH the animals.

All of these threads apparently were started by different customers of CMG aka: Chris Guida. Is it a conspiracy on their part, or a conspiracy on the registered users of faunaclassifieds, or just someone who deserves all the bad press he is getting here on the BOI. I am not yet sure, but my mind is starting to lean toward one of those choices enough for me to say that any excuse that excuses the actions of Mr. Guida after the fact are just, in my opinion, full of holes. Don't get me wrong, I am not calling you are liar, I am pretty sure you believe your explanation. I am saying, in my opinion, the excuse you give for Mr. Guida's actions or inaction about the lateness of, or the lacking of, the paperwork hold water in light of the evidence to date.

Best regards,
Glenn B

Old 05-22-2004, 10:25 PM   #16
Glenn Bartley
Quote:
I am saying, in my opinion, the excuse you give for Mr. Guida's actions or inaction about the lateness of, or the lacking of, the paperwork hold water in light of the evidence to date.
My son was bugging me to get on the computer and I read this too fast when I checked it before psoting. The above should have read:
Quote:
I am saying, in my opinion, the excuse you give for Mr. Guida's actions or inaction about the lateness of, or the lacking of, the paperwork DO NOT hold water in light of the evidence to date.

Old 05-23-2004, 01:26 AM   #17
Glenn Bartley
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=39501 This is the second link that should have shown in my post two above this one.

Old 05-23-2004, 01:36 AM   #18
Glenn Bartley
So much for my son pushing to get me to let him on the PC, I see I made an error in my writing. The last thread I mentioned that was a complaint against Mr. Guida was not about the paperwork not shipping, but it was about the whole shipment of snakes not getting shipped. My apology for screwing up, I thought I recalled it was paperwork, but can you imagine my surprise to see it was the entire shipment of snakes. So maybe I was wrong in that it was strike three on the paperwork issue, and we are back to strike two on that. My apologies, not trying to mislead anyone, or fry anyone either; so I am setting it straight quickly. Yet I do believe that my opinion on the excuse that was made after the fact of the paperwork not being shipped with the other shipment of snakes is still logical whether or not therewas a third complaint...

Old 05-23-2004, 10:55 PM   #19
jkobylka
my experience with CMG Reptiles

Just thought I would share my experience with Chris Guida... In Feb. I bought a 100% pied male and a gravid female that he said was 66% het. He said that she was gravid from the het pied male. I paid $2300 for the pair and he promptly send them to me. Without paperwork.<p>After a week of having eggs in the incubator and not having paperwork, I began to get the willies and think that the odds of me getting a pied out of the clutch were 0%, not 66.<p>I called Chris and he had paperwork to me within one week and also agreed to pay me back $1200 for the female if I didn't get a piebald out of the clutch that she laid. (and sent me a signed letter to that effect)<p> Forward 2 months....<br>6 hatchlings, 0 pieds.<p>Chris and I have agreed today that to honor his guarantee he will ship me a pastel bp in trade for the $1200. I am happy with this deal and have not had a problem dealing with Chris so far. I will keep you all posted on whether I receive a decent pastel - if I do, I can unreservedly say that Chris Guida is a GREAT guy. <p>So the jury is still partially out, I'll let you know.

Justin Kobylka
Smoky Mountain Reptiles
www.smokymr.com

Old 05-23-2004, 10:57 PM   #20
jkobylka
correction

BTW: the male Chris sold me was 100% HET pied, not a pied. You'll probably figured...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!