Trader ratings and BOI... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #11
Dennis Hultman
Jen,

Out of the thirty people you have left feedback for, 17 do not have the ability to give you feedback.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #12
Pink Lady Exotics
I didn't realize you had to be a paid member to leave feedback.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #13
TripleMoonsExotic
You know...This is funny that this came up...I had a customer request a rating from me not too long ago...

I'm happy to provide feedback/ratings for anyone I have done business with...But I do not provide ratings to buyers if they do not first provide me feedback...Simply because while I think it's the right thing to do, others will not reciprocate the gesture (whether because they don't feel like it or because they aren't a paid member). As soon as I receive an item or animal from a seller, I will provide them feedback/ratings if I know their Fauna user name.

If I recall correctly, I replied with something along the lines of "I happily provide a rating to all buyers who provide a rating for me." Never received a reply or feedback on the sale. I suspect he isn't a paid member.

I do agree with Dennis about requiring paid membership for trader ratings.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #14
Stardust
Hmm for me personally, it doesn't matter to much to me if I get it back or not. I really do not think about that. I just think that if someone bought from me or sold to me it would be a thoughtful gesture on my part and if they do leave me some back then even better. I am not into the tit for tat concept that much.

In thinking about it I can see why the restrictions are in place (although I was not here for when it was started or why). I can definitely see the head ache and potential damage control it would entail to have just anyone come on here and do what they want.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:31 PM   #15
SPJ
It's the same as with Ebay. There are a lot of people who just don't bother leaving feedback. I've had a bunch not leave feedback even when I left them some.
Don't worry about it. People know who to buy from and who not to buy from regardless of the amount of feedback they have.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:42 AM   #16
Rapture
Jen, do you request that the buyer/seller post feedback for you? In my past dealings I have made it a point to ask them if they are members here and let them know that I will be posting positive feedback on them, and would appreciate it if they did the same.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:48 AM   #17
Pink Lady Exotics
Yep, I do exactly that for everybody. I ask them if they have a username on Fauna and if they do, to let me know so I can leave feedback for them. Then I say "return feedback is always appreciated!" But yet the people who can post feedback don't do it anyway.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:55 AM   #18
Rapture
That must be frustrating for you if it is something you are really trying to do... I guess all you can do is continue to do what you think is the right thing and know that trader ratings are something that only show up when someone is looking for them. Otherwise all you have are your posts here, and those can be just as good at expressing what kind of person/dealer you are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!