Make The Hammack Fund permanent. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 PM   #11
dragonflyreptiles
Dennis, you have very good intentions and ideas!

Old 06-30-2005, 01:05 AM   #12
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfExotics
Sigh...............

Do you ever get tired of hearing the sound of your own voice?
(Or reading your own words)

Someone states an opinion that differs from yours and let me guess? They are telling you how to run your site? Public enemy number one?! Get over yourself Rich.....

Someone differs in opinion. Whoopdie do.

I said it how it is, don't like it?! Tough, your novel changes nothing. You cannot argue a group of peoples feelings or thoughts on a matter. Are you going to go up to each and every person who feels this way and tell them they are wrong? Think thats going to work? Don't kid yourself.

I do not know what your problem is lately but you need to get over it. That nerve acting up again?! Did you miss the whole "Agree to Disagree" part or just choose to ignore it?! Yeah, thats what I thought.

Keep it open, close it, its your site. I'm not telling you what to do. I'm conveying an opinion. Deal with it.

It boild down to this:
I disagree with you. Other do as well. You cannot change that. It's not the end of the world. But hey, others agree with you I'm sure. Sleep better.

Agree to Disagree.
No, but I am definitely tired of hearing yours. You apparently have a chip on your shoulder about both me and this site, as well as some of the staff here. Your actions, in my opinion, have been apparently aimed at being nothing less then antagonistic and caustic with the intent to try to damage this site. I have been as patient and accommodating to this sort of behavior long enough (certainly WAY longer then most people would have been with your crap) and that is NOW at an end. I believe that somehow you have gotten the impression that I need to put up with you on my own site. I'm not sure how you got that impression, but you are about to find out exactly how wrong you are about it.

Actually there was a whole bunch more stuff that I had written saying there's now a line in the sand about how you badger me or my staff, yada, yada, yada, but you know what? You're history here. I suppose you will log in as a visitor and read this when you see you can no longer access this site through your regular log in. But point blank, I've had enough of your crap. I don't know what your problem is, but it is now no longer my problem. Go be a problem somewhere else where maybe it will be appreciated and welcomed. Life is just too damned short for me to have to put up with the likes of you.

Oh yeah, send me a copy of your PayPal statement for your endowment membership and I will gladly refund the prorated amount of your remaining time.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:19 AM   #13
leaftail
geez rich, overreact much? i disagree with you sometimes too. am i banned? just wanna know where i stand.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:59 AM   #14
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail
geez rich, overreact much? i disagree with you sometimes too. am i banned? just wanna know where i stand.
You can't be serious? How much abuse from that guy do you think I am supposed to put up with? I had enough, plain and simple. Yeah, I know, not everyone is going to agree with this, but I'm used to that by now.

Old 06-30-2005, 06:55 AM   #15
DAND
You can poke the bear only so many times before you get bitten.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:20 AM   #16
Jim O
Rich,

I know that you are not about to reverse this decision and I wouldn't ask you to do that. Frankly, I doubt that Chris would come back anyway. But you should look at where this started and how it ended, and the ramifications of your decision.

Seems to me that Chris and you started to get into it more seriously during the Mack Snow fiasco and the suspensions that were handed out. Ever since then you two have been sniping at each other. You both have had the proverbial bee in your bonnets. Maybe Chris has been looking for this, I don't know. I can't read his mind and being a "martyr" may have been his objective. He certainly was provoking you, but your responses have generally been less than conciliatory.

Consider that Chris was an Endowment level member, an advertiser, had one of the highest rep point totals, and one of the highest feedback totals. It seems that judging by those last two items he was well thought of, and by the first two that he put his money where his mouth is to support your site.

Maybe a greater effort should have been made to ignore his needling, or perhaps to extend an olive branch yourself. His loss is a loss to the greater Fauna community in my not so humble opinion.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #17
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Rich,

I know that you are not about to reverse this decision and I wouldn't ask you to do that. Frankly, I doubt that Chris would come back anyway. But you should look at where this started and how it ended, and the ramifications of your decision.

Seems to me that Chris and you started to get into it more seriously during the Mack Snow fiasco and the suspensions that were handed out. Ever since then you two have been sniping at each other. You both have had the proverbial bee in your bonnets. Maybe Chris has been looking for this, I don't know. I can't read his mind and being a "martyr" may have been his objective. He certainly was provoking you, but your responses have generally been less than conciliatory.

Consider that Chris was an Endowment level member, an advertiser, had one of the highest rep point totals, and one of the highest feedback totals. It seems that judging by those last two items he was well thought of, and by the first two that he put his money where his mouth is to support your site.

Maybe a greater effort should have been made to ignore his needling, or perhaps to extend an olive branch yourself. His loss is a loss to the greater Fauna community in my not so humble opinion.
I understand what you are saying, however that is a two edged sword. By allowing the harassment I was getting from Chris to continue unabated, it is entirely possible the impression could have formed in some people's minds that if you spend enough money on this site, you can get away with just about anything. Quite frankly, I don't care how much money someone spends or how much time they spend on this site. I guess that is another benefit of the paid memberships that I had not considered. No advertiser is going to be able to get into a position where they are protected by the money they spend here. Advertisers will NEVER own this site because of the money they spend.

Yeah, I know sometimes people are just going to get carried away with themselves and my stepping in for any reason exposes me as a target for their hostility. Sometimes I will ignore the crap, other times I will make light of it, and still others I will return fire with fire. But I will only put up with it up to a point. You see, I really don't have to put up with it at all, but I do try to be fair about it. Someone could be just having a bad day and is taking it out on me. But when it becomes apparent that there will be NO end of it unless I put an end on it, well what would you do in my shoes?

I do not ask for, much less expect, respect from anybody. But I certainly am not going to put up with for long, obvious hostility and blatant disrespect from anyone on this site. Enough is enough. And I had had enough of Chris.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:36 PM   #18
leaftail
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
You can poke the bear only so many times before you get bitten.
yeah but this bear was wearin a sign sayin "its ok to disagree with the bear, he won't bite you for that".

Old 06-30-2005, 01:09 PM   #19
DAND
But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail
yeah but this bear was wearin a sign sayin "its ok to disagree with the bear, he won't bite you for that".
Disagreeing is one thing. Disrespecting is something completely different. The few quotes below are not what I would call disagreeing but disrespectful and antagonistic.

Quote:
I'll be sure to ask you when I want one of those snappy comebacks that sidestep a logical answer.
Quote:
Any particular reason you're still fishing for something?! Perhaps I could offer you some new bait.... Something more interesting perhaps?! I doubt you'd show as much interest in mine as you have this however....
Quote:
Next time, try using your head.
Quote:
Do you ever get tired of hearing the sound of your own voice? (Or reading your own words)

Old 06-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #20
jglass38
Wow, a bit harsh for sure. Chris is a good guy with a great reputation in the industry. Instead of you two taking it private and working it out, you chose to flex your muscle and make an example of him. In MY opinion, banning him is a big loss to YOUR site. You have a hair trigger response to people voicing their opinion if it differs from yours. Are we still in America? I realize its YOUR site, but maybe you should put yourself a level above the sniping instead of participating in it and thereby encouraging it. Once again, just MY opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!