Child found home alone with 19 snakes - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
rcarichter
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhood23 View Post
will they sit on your shoulder to death?

Noelle

Old 07-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
jb732
Originally posted by redhood23:
That is the most retarded article I have ever read. Who cares that he has pets! I have never heard of a fatal beardie attack either, so how are they potentially dangerous? will they sit on your shoulder to death? lol. Also, why do people get arrested for having large snakes? More people die from cats and dogs than snakes every year, so why don't they start arresting people for having them as well? I work in a hospital in the center of texas and see more dog and cat attacks than snake bites, attacks, or even any injury related to them. Why do you think the media and people have such a disliking for reptiles? This makes me hate people even more than I already do!

I agree with you totally Brett but don't give them any ammo for taking away our right to have cats & dogs either. These people just don't "get it" & might jump on that band wagon too, lol!

Judy Beard (jb732)

Old 07-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #13
sagespyder@yahoo.com
i read the whole article and the comments posted by people. not everyone focused on the snakes, more people focused on the pit bulls. one person said he knew the guy personally and said the that 14ft python was padlocked. one person brought up the toddler that was killed by an escaped snake that was kept in the same room. the person that tried to take a stand for his friend said all the snakes were rescues and when they were healthy he found homes for them. i don't know if this is true or not. what stands out for me is that the 7 year old thought that his missing dog was an emergency and called the cops. in the article it did not mention a 3 yr old, it was a 7 and 5 year old.

my mom never had any kind of pets except for out side cats and yes were we left alone at home many times since she was a single mom who worked. we were all in school and out of 4 of us we went to 3 different schools due to the amount of kids going to the nearest school so we almost all got home at different times. when my youngest brother was 5 i was 11. we are all basically 2 years apart. he stayed at a neighbor's house until i got home from school with my sister and other brother. nothing ever happened to use unless someone was home. where we lived there was only one break in and it was on x-mas.

yes anything could have happened but nothing really did. i am glad nothing bad happened to the kids and that the 7 year old had enough common sense that if he thought something was an emergency he called the police.

however this article reflects badly on almost anyone keeping reptiles of any size. many people will read this and think that almost anyone who keeps reptiles may act like this. only those close to the people and are keepers can relate know the truth.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #14
ShortStack
I think the animals need to be the least of the police's worries. The guy left his 7 year old home alone, and I don't know any 7 year olds who are responsible and mature enough to be left home alone, pets or no pets. I really don't understand what the big deal is about the animals, as long as he wasn't keeping any of them illegally. The police and media need to be more concerned with the fact that he left his child home alone than they are about him having the animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!