Cutting the skin of feeder rodents after thawing - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
Helenthereef
Maybe it would help trigger a better feeding reflex? You know, make the animal smell stronger and therefore stimulate acceptance (and possibly trigger digestive enzymes).
(I don't know anything about this at all - this is just a supposition).

In any case, unless you are having partially digested food animals either coming out in stools, or regurgitated, I wouldn't see any reason to presume they aren't fully digesting their meals

Old 04-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #12
lovin2act
Yeah the arguments for it were pretty convincing and even some of the studies that were done on different sets of hatchlings were pretty cool. But perhaps as was mentioned in a past post in here, maybe Corns have a lesser ability to digest food as well as other species when they are young, so this is beneficial to them whereas it would not prove to be a benefit to other species of hatchlings. I more just started this just to see if this was common and just not spoken of much, or if it in fact was truly something unheard of in the herping community. I am glad to know now that it was as I thought

Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #13
gsrept
all joking aside i use to breed corn snakes and never heard of this nor have had any problems with regurgitation in corns due to digestion problems most time if there is a prob with regurg it has something to do with the flagelets in the stomic. but i also never feed or have fed mice to any of my animals always use rats.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #14
tinmantribe5
Im sorry this reminds me of Rocky when he say's Cut me Mick!

Old 04-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #15
lovin2act
Rocky will never die!

Old 04-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #16
gsrept
Adrian

Old 04-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #17
tinmantribe5
Yo "we" did it!

Old 04-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #18
lovin2act
If I can change, and youz can change....we all can change!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!