Aggressive Nonvenomous Snakes? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:57 PM   #11
snakekid13
now that i think about it that was stupid of me to answer that question without thinking about it. So what "stunt" are you planning on doing?

Old 06-17-2004, 07:09 PM   #12
FreakOfNature66
Well Emerald Tree pythons are agressive so are emerald tree boas but they very stunning and are notorius for biting

Old 06-18-2004, 03:02 AM   #13
robin d.
would that be green tre python perhaps? if she they are snuggle bunnies... very underestimated as far as tameness and beig dicil or mild mannered
Quote:
Emerald Tree pythons

Old 06-18-2004, 05:13 PM   #14
Hognose_311
MANGROVE SNAKES

Mangrove snakes are very aggressive and will be tempted to bite, They are almost blind during the day, but if you stick your hand in its tank in the dark, dont expect him to greet you with a handshake!

Old 06-18-2004, 07:27 PM   #15
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Mangrove snakes are very aggressive and will be tempted to bite
And are also rear fanged venomous and pack a decent punch when it comes to toxicity and yeild.

Quote:
They are almost blind during the day
... What?

Quote:
Well Emerald Tree pythons are agressive so are emerald tree boas but they very stunning and are notorius for biting
... And notorious for being a bit on the delicate side, meaning that they are not an appropriate species to take out of an enclosure and shove into a high stress high stimulus situation in public. Their health will suffer.

Quote:
Wouldn't it have been a good idea to ask exactly what he planned on doing with the animals before throwing out suggestions?
I had pretty much forgotten about this thread. Sometimes I can be a pretty smart guy though, the quote above was absolute brilliance for example.

Old 06-20-2004, 04:11 AM   #16
psilocybe
Re: MANGROVE SNAKES

Quote:
Originally posted by Hognose_311
Mangrove snakes are very aggressive and will be tempted to bite, They are almost blind during the day, but if you stick your hand in its tank in the dark, dont expect him to greet you with a handshake!
Not all mangroves are that fiesty...I have a female who is *pretty* docile, though she will get a bit nasty if messed around with too much...overall though, she has a really good temperment (I've kept nastier kingsnakes). She is CBB though, and that DOES make a difference. They won't kill you with their venom, but it can ruin a day very easily (fortunately I haven't felt this firsthand), and bites should be avoided.

As for being blind during the day (I agree with S.H. on this)...WHAT? They are nocturnal by nature, but that surely doesn't mean they are blind during the day...I'd bet there are very few if any animals in the world that lose their vision by daylight and then magically regain it by nightime. A more accurate statement would be that they have "enhanced" vision by night, which I have noticed myself. They are also much more active at night.

I know others have asked this question, and I have to myself, what kind of "stunt" exactly are you trying to pull? I surely hope that you have put the safety and well being of the animal into consideration before you plan on doing anything at all.

Old 06-22-2004, 01:10 AM   #17
SnakeGuys.com
A few options........

Every adult mexican black kingsnake (l.g.nigritus) I have ever owned was a maniac! A feeding response, no doubt, but still quite aggressive, nonetheless. As soon as we open the cage.....whammo! Out they come!

Others I would recommend:
African Rock Python (if you're going for size)
Red-Tailed Green Ratsnakes (bright green, and full of fire!)
Some bullsnakes can be quite aggressive, but usually the WC ones, rather than a long-term captive.
Racers are a good bet, maybe black racers in particular, and blues are reliably aggressive.

Anyway, there are a few. Good luck.......and what is the "stunt"?

Scott

Old 06-22-2004, 08:20 PM   #18
FreakOfNature66
robin regarding your comment i was raised calling it an Emerald my father was a herpatoligist so i always went with what he said. So really its whatever you call. its one snake two names. and wild caught ones are very fiesty.ive been lounged at while walking past tanks. but if they are CB then yes they can be nice. just like all other snakes

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!